Total Classics Phase 4 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

It says on the first page that there were 50 total cyberface upgrades, etc. Is there a list of what those are?

i didn't keep a list. i just know the boys on team classics got permission from modders since september and they've popping faces into tc4 for the last 3 months.

i'd ask jim or tony.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does the installer say it estimates 4-5 hours for the extraction/install to complete? I cancelled out after about 10 mins and 2% done...

what processor ur using? This extraction utility compressed about 670megs to 230megs. Took me about 45 minutes or something close to an hour to compress it and i had to do it about 15 times since wednesday.

uncompressing it takes me 10 minutes, and i think the guys who tested everything out didnt have a problem with it.

parks installed

aa01nite.big, aa03nite.big, aaa1nite.big, clevday.big, poloday.big, spotday.big, & tigrnite.big

parks backed up

aa01nite.big, aaa1nite.big, clevday.big, poloday.big, spotday.big, tigrnite.big, & yankday.big

it installs aa03nite.big but does not back it up, and it backs up yankday.big but there is no yankday.big to install

yeah i realized that late last night after i hory had done the in-game themes and i had compressed it for the 20th time. I didnt see a point to compress it again just to swap out the files -- realistically, folks who install original game files are going to be all that die hard crazy about having their AA stadium back instead of the paul w's yankee stadium.

i didn't keep a list. i just know the boys on team classics got permission from modders since september and they've popping faces into tc4 for the last 3 months.

i'd ask jim or tony.

Well, I just figured since this was the FAQ, I thought it might be in it.

I didn't want to go creating faces for players like Hank Aaron if they are already done in 2x.

The install instructions included in the readme txt file are not correct.

How TO Install:

-------------------------------------------------------

-Extract to Folder using Winrar

-Click on !TC2005_4_Install.exe

-Select your game folder

-Click on "Backup your Original Files!"

- Click on "Install TC4"

- Now click the CTS tab and choose a CTS screen and click install

There is no !ITC2005_4_Install.exe that I can see once rar file is uncompressed...

There is a TC2005_4_Install.exe file...that is the one you select AFTER you run the uncompress utility that is kicked off by running TotalClassics4_Final.exe.

so let me get this straight -- u took ur game folder, renamed it to total classics.

then u extract the rar file to the folder?

um -- u shouldn't have done that. That's a little strange overall that you would do that in my opinion.

ur supposed to extract the rar to a separate folder like temp or tc3. Not ur game folder. There's an installer that takes care of everything.

as a person with too much time on his hands today

here are the changed from TC3 -> TC4

portraits

200 changed

365 added

Stadiums

1 switched

1 added

Models

11 faces changed

54 faces added

6 uniforms changed

10 uniforms added

audio - pbp

53 players changed

102 players added

audio - pa

1 player changed

141 players added

overlay

one alternative added

wow -- ur freaking scary man.

trues, MAKE HIM STOP!!!!!

yeah there's a bunch of roster tweaks from what i've seen, you'll notice the pitchers are a lot more lethal and realistic with their pitching arsenal.

One roster tweak immediately comes to head is guidry with only a fastball and slider -- it's just sick. Very dominant pitcher in game.

I think he even scored an rbi sac bunt last night against a modder who will go unnamed.

as a person with too much time on his hands today

here are the changed from TC3 -> TC4

portraits

200 changed

365 added

Stadiums

1 switched

1 added

Models

11 faces changed

54 faces added

6 uniforms changed

10 uniforms added

audio - pbp

53 players changed

102 players added

audio - pa

1 player changed

141 players added

overlay

one alternative added

and u didnt mention the loading screens either. U get a bunch of loading screens when u install a CTS.

i'd ask jim or tony.

I didn't keep a list (even though I was the one who installed them), however, I just compared the TC3 attrbutes.dat file with the TC4 attributes.dat file (which contains face numbers as well as other player attributes) and here are the 55 new faces that appear in TC4 (face number and then player name):

58 David Justice

138 Rey Ordonez

149 Hideki Irabu

185 Oil Can Boyd

238 Melvin Mora

340 Bill Buckner

345 Keith Hernandez

347 Ray Knight

349 Kevin Mitchell

351 Bob Stanley

353 Dave Roberts

354 Jey Cora

379 Gene Moore

448 Tony Armas

468 Stan Musial

561 Rickey Ledee

562 Josh Gibson

565 Carl Furrillo

566 Jim Gilliam

580 Fernando Valenzuela

600 Andre Dawson

602 Kirk Gibson

611 Gil Hodges (new version)

614 Roy Campanella

615 Tony Lazzeri

618 Duke Snider (new version)

631 Dom Dimaggio

632 Don Hoak

637 Fred Lynn

638 Ron Cey

640 Rickey Henderson

654 Ken Caminiti

663 Deion Sanders

680 Tommie Agee

681 Sparky Lyle

682 Ron Guidry

683 Bob Uecker

684 Goose Gossage

685 Al Cowens

688 D*ck Allen

690 Tom Seaver

699 Lou Gehrig

711 Willie Horton

775 Todd Pratt

810 Julian Javier

812 Nemo Leibold

819 Lance Parrish

820 Ken Holtzman

821 Chick Gandil

822 Jake Wood

826 Ernie Banks

860 Rusty Staub

872 Pete Incaviglia

885 Buddy Bell

886 Tom Herr

Don't ask me which portraits were added, because when I was adding them to TC4, I lost count after about 300! :lol:

plus the duh factor

TC4 has 25 player for all teams plus from what I hear countless other roster tweaks

Yes, pitch types for as many pitchers as we could find in reference books were corrected and pitch trajectories for EVERY pitcher were corrected.

In addition, EVERY player's face type (2004 "half" face vs. 2005 full face) was corrected in MVPEdit. This was done so that the guys who use low player detail never see deformed faces (like on PeterBernard's avatar).

Archived