"The Man Who Ruined Baseball" aka Curt Flood

HardcoreLegend

Since I play as the 68 Cards almost everytime I power up the ole XBOX, I figured I might as well start doing some cyberfaces for them. Gibby and Lou are already in the game, as well as Cepeda. People have done a Maris and a Carlton.

This is for Curt Flood. I'm sure you all know he was the one that filed the lawsuit for Free Agency.

This is a photo of the man, attached is my Cyberface preview.

portrait.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isn't that the guy who tried to sue baseball for being traded to another team? I think if i remember correctly, he was traded by the Dodgers, to the Cardinals, and he said that he wouldn't go because they couldn't trade him like a slave, and also brought up some more un-nessary civil rights cases.

ok, then, my bad, well, then who the heck am I talking about? I'll have o go into my library and look for who it was.

No, you were right, I was just messing around about what he did ruining baseball.

However, Curt Flood's legacy was one of sacrificing a potential Hall of Fame career by challenging Major League Baseball's decades-old reserve clause that stifled player movement even after players' contracts with teams had been fulfilled.

It didn't ruin baseball, in fact it allowed for Free Agency to be the way we see it today. However, at the time, he was seen as trying to ruin baseball.

The pic above is from a GIS, they source of my cyberface I really can't remember where I got it from. Probably the same.

I'm going to hold off on releasing this, because I'm going to try to make Dal Maxvill, Tim McCarver, Mike Shannon, Julian Javier and a Nelson Briles. That should basically round out the starting 9 and the top 3 SPs.

Flood was a very good contact hitting & fielding centerfielder with speed. He played 15 years (1956-69,71) mainly with St. Louis; hit over .300 6 times with 7 Gold Gloves; refused trade to Phillies in 1969; lost challenge to baseball's reserve clause in Supreme Court in 1972. I think he had a short non productive stint with the Senators in '71.

Thanks for his cyberface it looks Great. The other Cards players will be very welcomed as well.

Thanks,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

he uses a magical tool called photoshop.

So do I but I've never been able to make a face that good from a photo with that much angle on it. And I'm really good at what I do.

EDIT: I'm trying to compliment the guy, he deserves it, that's a great Curt Flood face and we need more faces of guys like that, not just the Hall of Famers. If that face were released, I'd have already downloaded and installed it. I would download the Cardinals one by one and then he could re-release them as a facepack together when they're done.

Someone with the PC want to test out my totally random Fred McGriff face?

This should probably go with the Frank Thomas model (093) but if you find a better one, use it. I just don't feel like going through all the FTP'ing today.

Anyone that can post some in game screen caps of this would be appreciated.

Archived