The New Busch Stadium a WIP

Pirate

The park is not going to be finished for opening day. Some sections of seating won't be complete, but most will and the playing surface should be rolled out here real soon. I have heard that the All Star break is the finish date. That's better than GABP that wasn't finished for until the second season began.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This stadium lacks the charm of Busch, which while a cookie cutter, it was the original and most wonderfully executed. I love that there are openings that you can see straight out of the stadium, similiar to the way dead center used to be at Busch II.

Having this, though, has sold me on the park. My absolute favorite Cardinals logo:

DSCF2085_JPG.jpg

The KMOV site has a video of the stadium as rendered in MLB 06 the Show

Check it out here http://www.kmov.com/, we'll see how I compare. The first thing I noticed is the batters eye. What is a scoreboard doing there?

Considering I live here, I feel like a bit of a dip-sheet asking this... but, uh... what is this "Batter's Eye" you keep referring to? Is it that rooftop building thing? Could you show me a screen shot of what it is you're talking about? I was trying not to ask, but I couldn't find a reference to it on stlcardinals.com, so I gave up and asked you. lol.

Hey Pirate... I was just wondering if you had any screenshots of the stands behind home plate - or if none of that is really ready yet, just a good shot of the outfield in the daytime version - since I'm wondering how the Arch looks in your most updated version.

Anywho - keep up the good work - you rule!

Here are some new(ish) pics of Busch III as construction continues...

0633154431_fieldcenter.jpg

0633154438_fieldleft.jpg

0633154456_budsign.jpg

0633154456_fieldright.jpg

0633154540_upperdeckseats.jpg

0633154545_cardsclock.jpg

0633154849_upperseats.jpg

0633154857_topview.jpg

0633154913_lights.jpg

Lookin' good. I hope these pics can help you out a bit for reference (I know they're not high-res enough to actually use as input)... I got myself some tickets for various games this season when they went on sale at 9am! Woo hoo!

My camera is dead, so no pics yet, but I did notice something new today. The biggest beer advertisement in any stadium, probably. The sloped roof-type area behind the plate, between the 3rd and 4th decks, is now a Bud Light billboard. There's a photo of a baseball with the birds on bat on the left end, then BUD LIGHT in huge letters to finish off the ad.

Edited - 3-10-06

Oh what the hell, I'll attach a rough MSPaint version for you.

Archived