.dat exporter and importer (will allow editing a dynasty)

tywiggins

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first of all...this is an awesome program :hail::hail: but i ran into this problem now saying: Run-time Error '3022' The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index or redefine the index to premit duplicate entires and try again.... :?: :?:

See if the attached version works better for you. Let me know whether or not it works for you. Also if it doesn't work email me your .dat files as well as the test.txt file that this version will create.

tywiggins@hotmail.com

This may be a stupid question because you're not even done with this project yet, but what else has your talented mind come up with for the future?

Actually, I'm thinking about changing the progression system. EA's progress system is way too random for my taste. Basically I want the stats to influence progression somewhat.

Another thing that I'm considering is to come up with a way to have a short season. Playing a full season takes too long, and I don't like to sim my games.

I am the one who promised the 10 k.

After being bashed several times for asking for such a mod, and beig told that such a mod was a pipe dream, i took my money and reinvested it.

Currently i invested heavily in Canada's oil sands (thank god for the US's extreme dependency on oil), about 85g's, and hope to get a good return by the end of the year, or early next year.

As of now, i will donate what i can, as most of the cash reserve i have is scarce (as most is being saved up for my last year of university), and what i can donate right now will be minimal.

However, in the interest of not sounding like a hypocrit, when and if my stocks in oil sands, a national gay network, south american rosources, go up, i will try to oblige to my earlier promise as much as possible.

But until the moment comes, thank you for putting the effort into such a mod. And could you give me a paypal adress as to where i can currently donate.

But until the moment comes, thank you for putting the effort into such a mod. And could you give me a paypal adress as to where i can currently donate.

In the first post, there is link to my website, which has a paypal donate button. Or you can just send money to tywiggins@hotmail.com

I have a question, although I have a hypothesis as to the answer.

When I export the DAT files from the game and than try to edit them in MPVedit, I don’t see any of the transactions that took place during my Dynasty.

For example, I traded Greg Maddux, but he still shows up on my team roster according the information MVPedit collects from the exported DAT files.

My theory is that because your program doesn’t get all 16 DAT files (at least yet it doesn’t), when I mix the 4 exported DAT files with supplementing DAT files (i.e. exported DAT files with supplementing UR 6.0 DAT files) it reads roster information from the supplemental DAT files. Therefore, even when I do transactions, MVPedit reads roster information from supplementing DAT files which probably contain roster information pre-transaction movements.

I probably already answered my own question with my hypotheses, but I wanted to confirm with you that is what is in fact happening.

a national gay network,

:roll: 8O

If that happens I'll start a straight national network. You know, celebrate diversity. Instead of our unity.

So, on to sane things.

Thanks for mentioning your goals of making the progression mod being based off of stats. I've always felt that way.

Same thing with simming and having a short season. I only play like 40 games max because of the time involved and I hate my stats being at the whim of what was simmed. Not cool.

Just a thought for someone to consider. Couldn't we sim 2005 with Ultimate Rosters, import the .dat files, make changes as necessary, and then import that to start a new dynasty so that the season would indeed start at 2006? Just a thought I think you guys may have thought about but no one has mentioned.

Thoughts.

Mo:

I mentioned it. But you never listen to me, do you? Do you?

Do you know how to have the 2006 schedule be the 2nd season in a dynasty?

Yea, extract mlb162_1.dat from the 2006 schedule.big and rename it mlb162_2.dat reimport it in and there's the 2nd season schedule.

--Eric

Just a thought for someone to consider. Couldn't we sim 2005 with Ultimate Rosters, import the .dat files, make changes as necessary, and then import that to start a new dynasty so that the season would indeed start at 2006? Just a thought I think you guys may have thought about but no one has mentioned.

Then games wouldn't be on the correct dates.

Hey guys.

I see the comments above but one thing: That is to get the 2006 schedule be the 2nd year. Isn't 2006 already the second year? The game is mvp 2005. So 2005 comes first, then next is 2006. My question is how do we get 2006 to be first. schedule wise and where it tells you what date it is.

Archived