Total Classics *61

Sandman

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to select 61 uniforms. I have tried to find whether the 61 Yankees had their names on the back and I do not think so. Maris's Jersey is shown without it when he hit 61 and the 1961 series film does not show names.

I do not think any regular season Yankee uniforms had names. Regards,

Brian

Lost my first two pitching duel games agains the Twins. No homers for the M&M boys. Maris gets cooking April 26th and Mantle the 17th.

I forgot to select 61 uniforms. I have tried to find whether the 61 Yankees had their names on the back and I do not think so. Maris's Jersey is shown without it when he hit 61 and the 1961 series film does not show names.

I do not think any regular season Yankee uniforms had names. Regards,

Brian

Lost my first two pitching duel games agains the Twins. No homers for the M&M boys. Maris gets cooking April 26th and Mantle the 17th.

Don and I decided to leave the numbers on the uniforms on at the beginning of the project to help the younger crowd get familiar with the great players of the era. Some uniforms will not have numbers because of the slot they're in.

Yes, as Sandman states, we took a bit of a liberty and jointly decided that Names on the back of the Jersey would be the better way to go especially since we wanted those that don't know the players from 1961 to easily become acqainted with them.

In actuality very few teams in 1961 had Names on the back of their Jerseys ......... We actually placed them on all Jerseys we had the ability to do so with. Some Jerseys we were not able to place Names on them due to the slot they were assigned which we opted for having correct numbers on front of the Jersey placed where appropriate even if it meant no Names on the back.

I just have to say, playing a dynasty with the '61 Dodgers at the LA Coliseum is so much fun, it's hard to describe. The fence just changes the wa you approach the game, since you desperately want everything either on the ground or into the right-center alley.

So, so much fun. I'm loving it.

Sean O,

I am happy to hear of the fun you are having with the '61 Dodgers. It will be a real challenge bringing the penant to Los Angeles for *61 I would think.

Koufax was just on the brink of his overpowering stuff and Big "D" wasn't quit himself either in '61. But Podres was along with Perranoski. Sherry was not quit what he was the previous couple of years either. But they did have some good bats with Snider and Howard providing some decent power. Talented & Fun team overall to take the helms of and perhaps you might just do it for them. Good Luck!

I know Perry is running his Dynasty with the '61 Reds and Cash25 is taking the reigns of his '61 Tigers.

I am using twiggins exporter/importer and just switching between an AL & NL game each time.

I would be very interested in what teams everyone is controlling. I envisioned most people would be handling the '61 Yankees with the M&M Boys but that does not look like the case from most of the people sharing their choices with us thus far. Very interesting to me and actually quit exciting to see.

Sean O - do you have any idea when you will be uploading your upgraded LA Memorial Coliseum or did I miss it somewheres?

Thanks,

Don

The Coliseum still has some more work to do on it, since I would like to add some more crowds to it before it goes out into public. I'm glad I have the fences done, but I'm going to need a little more tweaking on the field.

It's still a WIP, but a relatively advanced one.

I would be very interested in what teams everyone is controlling. I envisioned most people would be handling the '61 Yankees with the M&M Boys but that does not look like the case from most of the people sharing their choices with us thus far. Very interesting to me and actually quit exciting to see.

don't think i mentioned it in my post earlier but I'm using the Giants - kinda rough going so far (currently the first week of May) as I'm a game below .500. big part of that is the fact that the Dominican Dandy is winless (0-4 I believe) - Stretch has discovered his power stroke early though as he sits at 7 homeruns...tied for first in the league. :D

Thanks avngres220,

Really appreciate the status update. Keep it coming. Mays, McCovey ---- the other M&M Boys with Cepeda to boot - really good hitting team. It was well stated in those days that the Giants would not have traded Mays & Cepeda for Mantle & Maris even if offered.

Since the Angels played at wrigley field in la is anyone attempting to bring that ballpark to life?

That would be great...and if you could select it for Home Run Derby it would be just like the old tv show from the early 60's with Mark Scott as host!

C

I remember espn classics showed that for awhile-was pretty cheesey but was neat seeing the old timers hitting balls out-he died 6 months after the show went off the air-heart attack I think. You can get actual box scores from the '61 season and can compare stats and results from the new '61 mod-just type in ex-1961 reds schedule in google and baseball almanac will have box scores from 1960 on.

yes i've just tried a few games and boy

ti is pretty stuff

if 94 is a s good i'll play it a s nest dynasty but i must go thrpugh

with this mode

it's even more romantic

one in the 70's one in the 80's

total classic five

heaven

marsl

Oh god, that's awesome. The one thing I want to do with Fenway is make the Fenway Green a tad darker, since it seems to have changed a little since the 60s. Get that down, and it'll be perfection.

180 pictures of Fenway between 1951-1972:

http://www.bpl.org/sportstemples/results.asp

other pictures:

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/lofiver....php/t2224.html

Also, the Prudential Center was 1964, so you can get rid of the buildings in the background.

Good luck, lemme know what you're doing for it, and I can do mechanical things like dumping the jumbotron and dealing with the Monster seats and .406 club.

Sean O - Candlestick ...... wouldn't that be something !!!

112155 - Who were your penant winners ? Bet the Tigers were close in there? Wouldn't be surprised to see the Red Legs faulter a bit ........

HardcoreLegend - Yaz himself would be PROUD !!! as well as Monbouquette of course .............

So, yeah, Candlestick is coming along nicely. I've created the stands exactly as they were in 1961, and have the wall collision all taken care of. The hitter's eye is in place, as is the parking lot beyong right field. I'm not going to post any screenshots at the moment because it is in a really rough state, but if anyone wants to help out, you're more than welcome to give it a shot.

I'm going to try to clear my head and really get cracking on cleaning everything up, particularly beyond the outfield. Though the stands are in place, I don't quite get a feeling that it's really Candlestick, so I'll have to work on getting it just right.

Stay tuned.

So, yeah, Candlestick is coming along nicely. I've created the stands exactly as they were in 1961, and have the wall collision all taken care of. The hitter's eye is in place, as is the parking lot beyong right field. I'm not going to post any screenshots at the moment because it is in a really rough state, but if anyone wants to help out, you're more than welcome to give it a shot.

I'm going to try to clear my head and really get cracking on cleaning everything up, particularly beyond the outfield. Though the stands are in place, I don't quite get a feeling that it's really Candlestick, so I'll have to work on getting it just right.

Stay tuned.

that's hot! been hoping somewhere on the horizon a Candlestick was looming...love AT&T/SBC/Pac Bell Park and the Polo Grounds (usually rotate between em) but with the '61 mod it feels weird playing out of Candlestick. with you on the job i can't wait to see how it heightens the game :wtg:

The Tigers,Yankees,Orioles,and White Sox all made the playoffs in the A.L.. The Reds,Dodgers,Giants, and Cardinals in the N.L. For the World Series the W.Sox defeated the Reds-no Yankees this time. By the way Cleveland Municipal crashes when when loading. Thanks again for the great work.

Archived