Wrigley Field update 2006

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I meant to say is that I created four new .fsh files. The number of the files in the cram 32 would be 76 1-4. How would I add that in the notepad so that I can get that into the game?

o, ok, now I understand. I'll explain this is as simply as possible:

you first have to unpack cram32.fsh with nfshtool.exe. A folder will be created with all the bmps in it. There will also be a file called index.fsh. Open index.fsh with notepad and find something similar to this (lets just say the original size of texture 76 is 64x64):

sh1 0076-%d.BMP

MBP+2 60 x3 64 64 {0 0 0 12288}

alpha 0076-%da.BMP

ETXT 69 64 16 {0 0 0 0}

EAGL64%20metal%20bin%20attachment%20for%20runtime%20texture%20management%00%00%00%00%00%00

ETXT 70 bsh1%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

find this line:

MBP+2 60 x3 64 64 {0 0 0 12288}

you can only increase the size of the texture in increments of 2x (128x128, 256x256, 512x512,etc.)

change the two 64s to the desired resolution. save. open index.fsh with nfshtool.exe and the fsh will be repacked

man i wish...make the cub fans look like cub fans with t shirts and hats

At least you will get one wish. I plan on overhalling the entire crowd. I really want to get rid of that guy that looks like Ozzy Osbourne. My rule is, if you cant sing the 7th inning stretch, you cant be in my MVP Wrigley update :D .

you can only increase the size of the texture in increments of 2x (128x128, 256x256, 512x512,etc.)

change the two 64s to the desired resolution. save. open index.fsh with nfshtool.exe and the fsh will be repacked

You can actually change the dimensions to what ever you want as long as you keep it in multiples and the largest you can make an image for it to show up in the game is 2048x2048. Anything bigger will show up as a black square. For example if you want to resize a 128x128 .bmp so that you could fit more ads onto it, all you would have to do is change the dimensions of the .bmp to 128x512 for example and then change the index file accordingly. I changed the dimensions of the .bmp I used for the Citgo sign from 128x64 to 2048x256 in my Fenway mod to get the proper animation sequence. I've also done this to add different walls using the same parts, just moving the mapping to display different walls for different parts of the stadium.

The key is in the UV Map Editor you will have to remap verts to match what you want shown for that part if you wish to change the ratio (i.e. 128x128 to 128x256). If you double or quadruple size the graphics (i.e. 128x128 to 256x256) then you won't have to but if you change the ratio then you will.

You can actually change the dimensions to what ever you want as long as you keep it in multiples and the largest you can make an image for it to show up in the game is 2048x2048. Anything bigger will show up as a black square. For example if you want to resize a 128x128 .bmp so that you could fit more ads onto it, all you would have to do is change the dimensions of the .bmp to 128x512 for example and then change the index file accordingly. I changed the dimensions of the .bmp I used for the Citgo sign from 128x64 to 2048x256 in my Fenway mod to get the proper animation sequence. I've also done this to add different walls using the same parts, just moving the mapping to display different walls for different parts of the stadium.

The key is in the UV Map Editor you will have to remap verts to match what you want shown for that part if you wish to change the ratio (i.e. 128x128 to 128x256). If you double or quadruple size the graphics (i.e. 128x128 to 256x256) then you won't have to but if you change the ratio then you will.

wow, I didnt know that. That's very helpful. So if I change a bmp to 64x64 from 32x32, and I resize the corresponding mipmaps, I dont have to edit the index?

wow, I didnt know that. That's very helpful. So if I change a bmp to 64x64 from 32x32, and I resize the corresponding mipmaps, I dont have to edit the index?

You'll still have to edit the index, but you won't have to remap the verts in the UV Map Editor because the dimension ratio will stay the same. If you changed the ratio (i.e. 64x64 to 64x128) you'd have to edit the index file and remap the verts in the UV Map Editor for every part that uses that .bmp. So if you are changing the size of the stcs.bmp or the one that has the most graphics you would want to keep the same dimension ratio, otherwise you would have to remap every part that used it in the UV Map Editor. I did this for my Oriole Park mod reducing the size of the stcs to to get around the cram32 limitation having to reposition all the graphics in the stcs to fill all the black space and it wasn't fun. I had to remap every single part that used the stcs.bmp for version 2.0 but that enabled me to provide transperency for a 1024x1024 .bmp that contains all the facade and wall ads for the stadium. That cram32 limitation can be quite a pain! :roll:

You'll still have to edit the index, but you won't have to remap the verts in the UV Map Editor because the dimension ratio will stay the same. If you changed the ratio (i.e. 64x64 to 64x128) you'd have to edit the index file and remap the verts in the UV Map Editor for every part that uses that .bmp. So if you are changing the size of the stcs.bmp or the one that has the most graphics you would want to keep the same dimension ratio, otherwise you would have to remap every part that used it in the UV Map Editor. I did this for my Oriole Park mod reducing the size of the stcs to to get around the cram32 limitation having to reposition all the graphics in the stcs to fill all the black space and it wasn't fun. I had to remap every single part that used the stcs.bmp for version 2.0 but that enabled me to provide transperency for a 1024x1024 .bmp that contains all the facade and wall ads for the stadium. That cram32 limitation can be quite a pain! :roll:

8O My head hurts... :wink:

Nice work on the crowd! However, not all the fans will be flipped horizontally, only like half of it.

what do you mean? And xiberger, you were just the person I wanted to talk to. Do you mind if I use some bits and pieces from your crowd changer? I my current crowd is my own work but there are some things I would like to add to it to spice it up. Just PM me your decision.

I worked on the crowd a little bit and I'm really happy with the way it turned out:

newcrowdpreviewnr6.png

Thank you xiberger for letting me take parts from your crowd changer mod (a mod I highly recommend!!! :) ). For the day version, I only took the cubs hat I used on the kid with the cubs home jersey on from xiberger, but for the night version I'll probably use other pieces from his mod. I noticed something cool I did by mistake. When I put the logos on the people's shirts, I accidently put them either a little lower or higher than the last row. So in the game, it looks like some people in the crowd are actually breathing instead of rocking back and forth, back and forth, back and......boring! tell me what you think.

I noticed something cool I did by mistake. When I put the logos on the people's shirts, I accidently put them either a little lower or higher than the last row. So in the game, it looks like some people in the crowd are actually breathing instead of rocking back and forth, back and forth, back and......boring! tell me what you think.

I find that rather annoying because the logos are constantly jumping around. That's why I tried to keep the logos fixed. But if you like, go with it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man, just wondering if you have any updates on this?

*edit: I saw an add behind home plate, I think during the Phillies series, with Carlos Zambrano in it. the add was for the Motorola ROKR phone. It's a pretty cool ad and it would be cool if you could put in in your version. but I did a search and can't find anything on the internet. Oh well, just a thought.

hey man, just wondering if you have any updates on this?

*edit: I saw an add behind home plate, I think during the Phillies series, with Carlos Zambrano in it. the add was for the Motorola ROKR phone. It's a pretty cool ad and it would be cool if you could put in in your version. but I did a search and can't find anything on the internet. Oh well, just a thought.

I've been swamped with homework the past few days so I havent gotten anything done. I'm redoing a part of the foul pole to make it more realistic. I actually wanted to ask xiberger if I can just use his crowds from his mod and just change the seat colors to green because I've decided that his crowds are better. I'm kind of torn between working on cyberfaces or finishing Wrigley. I think I just need to focus on this and finish it up.

I've actually been looking everywhere for that Zambrano advertisement! I can't seem to find it. I'm going to Wrigley in a few weeks, and I'm sitting in the bleachers so I'm gonna try and get as man pics as possible.

I've been swamped with homework the past few days so I havent gotten anything done. I'm redoing a part of the foul pole to make it more realistic. I actually wanted to ask xiberger if I can just use his crowds from his mod and just change the seat colors to green because I've decided that his crowds are better. I'm kind of torn between working on cyberfaces or finishing Wrigley. I think I just need to focus on this and finish it up.

I've actually been looking everywhere for that Zambrano advertisement! I can't seem to find it. I'm going to Wrigley in a few weeks, and I'm sitting in the bleachers so I'm gonna try and get as man pics as possible.

I think you should definately finish Wrigley first. It looks good enough to play in right now. But I understand you want it to be perfect. Stick with it, you'll get it done.

I don't think that you will be able to take a pic of the Zambrano ad at the game, it only shows up on tv, it's green in in real life. But maybe you just meant that you'd get pics of the field, not that ad, I'm not sure.

I actually wanted to ask xiberger if I can just use his crowds from his mod and just change the seat colors to green because I've decided that his crowds are better.

Permission granted! :wink:

Credits in the final version would be nice though.

Here's what this weekend's work has yielded:

newpreviewpf0.png

My plan is to make a few more adjustments to the batter's eye (put sides on it) and show this to Trues and get it approved by him. I will then release a beta within the week that will patch Trues' current Wrigley Field. Here is what will be included*:

-updated foul poles with the 'Hey Hey'

-batter's eye in CF

-seat colors changed to green

*Trues' Wrigley Field for MVP 2005 is required for the update

I spent the entire weekend trying about 10 different photos to use for the foul poles (I even tried using pieces from High Heat 2004) and I've come to the conclusion that alpha's just dont look good with any texture in this case. A solid image is the way to go. Note to xiberger: this beta release will not include your crowd files, but I will still mention your name and your crowd will be included in the final. Many more changes will also be included in the final. The purpose of the beta is to get feedback on the batter's eye so I can make any necessary adjustments for the final. Also, the beta will only patch the day version.

Archived