1967 season

Padres67

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1967 is 99% complete and we are awaiting the soon to be released TC6 prior to releasing the Total Classics 1967 full season mod.

It is our opinion that it is wise to sequence these Total Classics releases appropriately and allow some settling in time before releasing a follow on release. Thus I would suspect that the TC 1967 season will be released approximately a few weeks after TC6 hits the boards.

Since each of the primary Total Classics team members assist on each Total Classics release, at least to some degree, we rely on their availability to focus on quality testing before any release is published.

Total Classics 1967 appears to be another great presentation of the way things were between the lines '67 and should be a pleasant addition to the Total Classics offerings. The Music, the overall Themes and the game play should really take one back to that time in baseball where pitching was approaching pure dominance which was fully realized in 1968.

Hope this helps,

Don

Don't know if I will get this one. The Yankees were a ninth place team that year (72-90) and that also was Whitey Ford's last year and Mantle also had a terrible year in '67. It also was the "Impossible Dream" year for Boston, a feel-good story for baseball that year. A sentiment I can not agree with, of course.

Yankee4life,

Yep, I certainly can understand that feeling from a true Yankee fan.

But, even tho the Yanks were 2nd to last and were able to outpace only the lowly KC Athletics (often regarded as the Yankees AAA1/2 franchise) they did have a few exciting notible ballplayers ....... such as Horace Clarke at 2nd, Joe Pepitone roaming in Center before eventually moving to 1st after Mantle departed in'68 and up & coming Roy White who was to some degree considered the Mick's eventual replacement in the outfield before Bobby Murcer arrived on the scene the follwing year.

Combine those guys with a fairly solid pitching staff that included Mel Stottlemyre, Jim Bouton, Fritz Peterson & Al Downing along with that old mainstay from the Red Sox staff Bill Monbouquette to support them perhaps you can be the Red Sox spoiler if not even be able to work that ole Bronx Magic and contend for the title yourself.

Of course that would be quite a challenge - I understand - but I hope someone will be up to it and report back to us on their successful measures that kept the Yankees from sinking to that previously unheard of levels they really experienced in 1967.

Save the Yankees ---- that's a good thing to attempt to do !!!

We'll just have to wait to see .................

I bet da FuzZ could do it !!!

Take Care,

Don

Well, after we finish 1961 and get my Madden PC 2007 - 1975 High School league going, which has been going on and off since Sierra FBPro 98, we will step up the plate with Horace Clark and we will challenge those Sox. Horace will be getting on base and stealing and maybe Jerry Kenny will see some action so we can relive the "Road Runners", which is what Phil Rizzuto use to call them. BEEP BEEP....

Had the Yanks scored more than 3.2 runs a game they could have played closer to the middle-the pitching finished 4th in the league that year. They just didnt have the power anymore to contend. Makes you wonder why they didnt trade for some.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I got a sneak peek at '67 last night, and boy is it fun. While I had only added about half the stuff that will be included, playing Sox / Cardinals is a tremendous experience. The Cards' staff is devastatingly good, and you can really see how they won it all that season.

I would love to actually get off my duff and finally create the stadium pack for '61 and '67 which moves all the stadiums into their correct slots, but don't know if it'll happen. Hopefully I can post screenshots of my game until it does come out, because I'm loving it.

As far as I know the Total Classics Team will not be releasing it for xBox AR but certainly it will be available for anyone who wishes to make that happen.

FuzZ is assembling the installer now and this Mod has already been fully tested. Once the installer is ready to go and we simply test the install process the Total Classics Team will release the 1967 Full Season Mod.

We anticipate this to happen prior to the end of this month.

Yes, absolutely.

It will fully reflect a complete 1967 theme with the sounds of '67 combined with a couple minor additions.

Portraits are all new for 1967.

Rosters will perhaps even be improved a bit with the implementation of recent discoveries relative to ratings impact over the course of a 162 game season.

The schedule is the accurrate 1967 full season schedule where each team has a full 162 game slate. Only the 1st game of the season is not exact due to restrictions within the game itself but beyond that single game season opener all is as it was.

Most uniforms were much the same or very slightly changed in 1967 as to what they wore in 1961 but those that were different have been represented to a great degree.

As *61 returned you to 1961 - TC67 will return you to those marvelous days of 1967 ................

Hope You Enjoy !

Cash #25,

Thanks

---- but also, unfortunately, 1967 was an off year for Stormin' Norman ---- hitting only .242 but dinging out 22.

The Tigers were in it all the way until the very last day ...........

Perhaps You can bring them to the Series this go round !!!

Let's see ........ & let us all know !

• 1 month later...

I really liked '61, and I'm biased by being a Sox fan, but the '67 mod is incredible to me. I'm just downloading the newest build now, so I'll post if there are any dramatic changes.

Really, really great job. Now I can only hope for a 1949 or 1955 mod, and everything will be perfect. Or, man, a 1927 or a deadball mod, the possibilities are endless.

Archived