1967 season

Padres67

I really liked '61, and I'm biased by being a Sox fan, but the '67 mod is incredible to me. I'm just downloading the newest build now, so I'll post if there are any dramatic changes.

Really, really great job. Now I can only hope for a 1949 or 1955 mod, and everything will be perfect. Or, man, a 1927 or a deadball mod, the possibilities are endless.

Any news on when this puppy will be available for downloading?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bobolini,

Yes, we do very much appreciate feedback. That is the main input to helping us improve on these TC mods. It also provides us ideas of what should come next in this series - if anything?

Not only do we appreciate feedback to help us along but we greatly enjoy hearing how the season is progressing for those that choose to undertake a full/partial season.

A fantastic example of a very well represented TC67 Full Season underway can be found and followed at www.mvptotalclassics.com .

Thanks Again,

Don

Ok stecropper-are you the '67 yanks shown in the current dynasty? 52-19 record. Is Mantle on steroids-maybe horace Clarke. I plan on downloading it and creating a separate file for it if I can figure it out. I'm currently finishing my total classic dynasty with the '70 reds. I have 18 games to go-the Reds are in first with a 96-48 record, 12 games ahead of the '71 Prates.

Hey there 112155,

No, I am not running the '67 Yanks Dynasty. That would be Yanks763's Dynasty and Website. Well done I think.

Keep in mind that the datafile, level of play, sliders etc etc along with ones personal skills certainly can influence the results of these seasons. Obviously Yanks763 is a very skilled player and big time Yankees fan.

I only play CPU vs CPU and have never picked up a joystick.

Take Care,

Don

You have never played any of these games-wow, I got to ask-why? With all the great work you and the others do I am surprised you dont like to feel the competition. I dont know if I told you of my 2 base hits off of Danny Jackson here in KC-he plays in the over 40 men's league. I noticed he is featured on the '90 Reds, and '93 Phillies. After my 2 hits off him he shook my hand and said 'nice hits.' I fouled off 5 pitches and worked the count to 3-2, He then threw a fatball down the middle and I drove it up the middle for a single. The next at bat I hit his first pitch right down the middle for a liner off the third basemans glove for a hit. I can die a happy man.

Now that is something to poke your chest out about! No, you had never told me about that feat! Impressive one. I played in an over 40 league years ago and we had a lot of X-Minor leaguers but I can't recall any known Major Leaguers in our League. Then I got really involved with other Baseball ventures with my 3 sons and got away from playing hard ball myself, which I truly enjoyed ........ but now I am at the point of needing to find an over '60s league if I ever play again!

I just never had a desire to do the joystick deal. I throughly enjoy watching these players & teams from the '60s and do a little manager type stuff during the course of the games. I actually do a 54 game season and truly enjoy seeing them play again and watching the races and individual players having good and bad seasons.

I have played/watched well over 1000 games I would imagine and still each and every night I see something I haven't seen before. With the datafile/sliders/level etc that I use these players truly perform extremely similar to how they did in those particular years. In fact the Yankees in my '67 replays never seem to win very many games and just like in real life it isn't because of their pitching but mostly because of their inability to score runs ............ I really love this stuff !!!

Take Care,

Don

Yeah-now with bad knees and all I'm relegated to doing this-but it is alot of fun because of you guys and your hard work-I have tried doing the cpu thing-but I like to feel the action myself. Over 1000 games wow-I have played around 700-800. I never get tired of it-Thanks again for the great work you do.

Don, I finally did start using the joystick, but sometimes I switch over to CPU v CPU for a few innings, usually the beginning. I'm interested, however, in the datafile/sliders/level you use to get that realism. Have you ever posted that anywhere?

SLIDERS:

Datafile: KSMs V0.5

Difficulty: All-Star

Variable Strike Zone: On

Variable "Stuff": On

Blown Calls: On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 0

Pitch Speed: -19 (This is to reduce the # of Home Runs by weak hitters)

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: -16

User Pitcher Fatigue: -8

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -8

User Pitch Control: 21

CPU Pitch Control: 21

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: -47

CPU Batting Contact: -47

User Batting Power: -16

CPU Batting Power: -16

User Bunting Ability: 22

CPU Bunting Ability: 22

User Foul Ball Frequency: 49

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 49

CPU Swing Frequency: -29

User OF Speed (Manual): -6

User OF Speed (MVP): -6

CPU OF Speed: -6

User IF Speed (Manual): -1

User IF Speed (MVP): -1

CPU IF Speed: -1

User Throw Speed: -3

CPU Throw Speed: -3

User Throw Accuracy: -2

CPU Throw Accuracy: -2

User Catch Errors: 38

CPU Catch Errors: 38

User Dive Difficulty: -61

CPU Catch Effort: 3

User Baserunning Speed: 4

CPU Baserunning Speed: 4

User Runner Aggression: -1

CPU Runner Aggression: -1

User Runner Steal Speed: 0

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: 1

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 1

CPU Steal Rate: -4

Runner Injury Frequency: -46

Pitcher Injury Frequency: -26

Batter Injury Frequency: -26

Fielder Injury Frequency: -32

Pitching MG Difference: 0

Thanks Don. I can see where this would work and I'm going to start '67 like this. I'll just use KSM's datafile in this game version, and I guess I could make two versions of options.sav to switch the sliders back and forth. I still play 2006 with the gamepad.

Can't wait to check this out.

Of course the answer is "All Years are Possible" ----- it is just a matter of interest and ability to do a good job .......... for me personally I will continue to only do '60s & possibly a few into the '70s / very late '50s as those are the players I know well ----- It is only fun when you feel you really can make it very realistic and accurate --- to do so you have to have at least a basic knowledge of every player on every team for that year and a fairly indepth knowledge of the bulk of the better known players.

I have been hearing from others about their interest in doing a '77, '81, '89 & '55 full season mods ........... we certainly encourage any one that has an interest in doing one to undertake it and we will help in anyway we can .............

There is a method to our madness in creating these full season mods which we are more than willing to share with anyone interested in undertaking a particular full season mod of their own. Our process is fairly well tested and although very time consuming is quit easy to execute.

Hope this addresses your interest ------- the real reason we started all of this was to get others interested in Old Time Baseball so they could contribute to this whole Total Classics experience ....... I think we have been successful to this point and can only hope it continues -------->

Take Care,

Don

Had the Yanks scored more than 3.2 runs a game they could have played closer to the middle-the pitching finished 4th in the league that year. They just didnt have the power anymore to contend. Makes you wonder why they didnt trade for some.

I know you asked this question months ago, but I never saw it. The Yankees did want to trade for some power, but the other teams did not want to trade with the Yankees during that time. The Yankees were on top for so long the other teams GM's did not want to trade with the Yankees or they made ridiculous demands because they wanted them to have a taste of how everyone else had it for so long.

i would like 1978. not sure why 1981... are you thinking of 1980? that was a good year. only problem is that 1 is on the other side of the keyboard than 0... so it's not a typo.

I'm finishing up some tweaks to TC7 now (yes, TC7), but I'm planning on working on a '78 mod at some point. I've talked to stecropper about it and I've already lined up Hory to create the '78 schedule. I can't give any timeframe for the mod but I figure that it will be a good off-season project. That was my favorite year as a baseball (and Yankee) fan, so I'd really like to be able to re-live my youth (I was 17 that year) as well as see if I can get the Yankees to come back after being 14.5 games behind. :smile:

Archived