Frost's cyberface previews

JP_Frost

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here's Anaheim's top pitching prospect, Nick Adenhart:

nickadenhartqo8.jpg

That Jeff Karstens face is a tough one D-Unit. He has a strange headshape and his pressbox is a bit hard to work with. I think I'll wait until the new photo's come out.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here's Anaheim's top pitching prospect, Nick Adenhart:

nickadenhartqo8.jpg

That Jeff Karstens face is a tough one D-Unit. He has a strange headshape and his pressbox is a bit hard to work with. I think I'll wait until the new photo's come out.

Give him some long hair and possibly a gotee and he'll look perfect.

yeah, I might try to mess around with that. One thing I'm really curious about is improving texture. If you look at Jogar's or some of your faces KG, how do you get that sharp texture? I tried the sharpening filter, but that looks a bit silly. Are there any particular tools you use for that?

yeah, that's what I try to do, but for some reason, especially facial hair, always comes out a bit blurred not as crisp as say your Toby Hall face. I just have a feeling that I'm overlooking something or maybe not using a tool that's important.

anyway, this cyberface stuff is driving me mad. I'm watching TV and start thinking about which headshape would fit Oprah or something :(

yeah, I sometimes watch Oprah. Sue me!

Chris Carter:

chriscarterru9.jpg

Carter is a 1st base prospect for Arizona, blocked by Conor Jackson. He has alot of power potential as his 50 homers and 60 doubles over the last 2 years show. He also has good command of the strikezone. Over his last 2 seasons in the minors he has compiled 143 walks against 146 strikeouts while maintaining a near .300 batting average. His only knock is his defense, which is merely adequate, but he did surprise with 10 stolen bases in AAA last year. So, if you need a young slugging lefty 1st baseman or DH for your dynasty, be sure to trade for this guy ... as he now has a cyberface ;)

yeah, that's what I try to do, but for some reason, especially facial hair, always comes out a bit blurred not as crisp as say your Toby Hall face. I just have a feeling that I'm overlooking something or maybe not using a tool that's important.

anyway, this cyberface stuff is driving me mad. I'm watching TV and start thinking about which headshape would fit Oprah or something :(

yeah, I sometimes watch Oprah. Sue me!

the best thing i've found for facil hair thus far is to sample them from other 2x textures. for instance, when i was working on my dave parker face, i had to pretty much draw him from scratch. so what i did for the beard was to sample it from mo vaughn's face. so with some cutting and pasting, with no re-sizing, and add in the eraser to shape it to whatever shape i wanted, i ended up with a beard that was as close to real as possible. that's what i've found works best. as kg said, the less you have to mess with it by resizing and such, the better it will look. also, part of that crisp look is adding just the right amount of lighting to the texture (for instance using a white colored paintbrush at 10% opacity to adding lighting). but this is something you really have to play with and get comfortable with.

and carter looks great. the eyes are always a pain.

and oprah? HA HA !

Looks like Trevor isn't cooperating again this season. At least there's no dimples or smile lines. Shouldn't be that difficult to do his.

73473205.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4A

yeah, I noticed that too. It should be better than last year's. One thing that struck me was that most of the new Indians headshot were very dark. Dunno if that full size ones have that too, let's hope not. One of the first i will do is Adam Miller, he has a perfect headshot this year.

definately. Maybe a Max Ramirez, even though I'd much rather would've seen a Matt McBride photo. It's also too bad that Brian Barton didn't get one.

Alot of good prospects now have workable faces such as Tabata, Hochevar, Elbert, Morrow, and some others. Should be some good stuff.

Made 2 new faces. Not really satisfied with them, but I'll show them anyway. These will probably get redone when the new pressbox photo's (full size) are available.

Mets reliever Burgos:

burgosjo1.jpg

Giants reliever Brian Wilson:

brianwilsonkj0.jpg

Like I said, both need tinkering, but I'll wait for the new photo's.

link isn't working either. Oh well, thanks for trying anyway.

I'll release some of these faces after some touch ups. I won't add long hair to Adenhart since his new pressbox has him with short hair and I tried numerous times to no avail.

Archived