New, Easier way to make a walk-up music file

hyman

It sounds much harder than it really is. Once you get it set up, most of the work is done automatically and should take about a half hour or less to replace all of the walk-up ditties. You will need some basic computer knowledge to accomplish it.

Download and install the following programs:

NHL07AsfStudio.rar

MultiRen

Create a new folder and copy 86 of your favorite MP3's into it. Also copy the sx.exe file from the NHL07AsfStudio folder to this new folder. Open notepad and paste the following into a new file:

sx -sndstream *.mp3 -sa300 -crop1,335000 -fadeout1000 -=*.asf

Save it as sxbatch.bat into this same folder.

Click on this batch file to run it. It will take a few minutes or longer depending on your computer. You can go do something else while its working.

When its complete, select all 86 asf files(not the mp3 files) and right click. Left click on Multiple Rename and put in the following parameters:

Base Name Template: batdit_000n

Extension Template: asf

Digits: 2

Start: 1

Click Preview New Names and see that the files are named batdit_00001.asf, batdit_00002.asf, etc. then click Apply New Names.

Leave this for now. We'll return to it in a minute.

Go to your dataaudioaems folder and copy the batdit.abk file to the dataaudiocdaems folder.

Now run the program named NHL07_Ast_Pack_11.exe. Click the unpack icon, navigate to the dataaudiocdaems and open the batdit.abk file. After it completes unpacking, you will now have a subfolder named batdit with 86 asf files in it. You only need to do this step once. If you want to change your songs later, you can skip this and go to the next step.

Go back to the folder that you created previously and copy the 86 asf files from there to this batdit subfolder overwriting the current files. Go back to the NHL07_Ast_Pack_11 program and click the pack icon. Navigate to the dataaudiocdaemsbatdit folder and click OK. Now just go to the dataaudiocdaems folder and copy the batdit.abk file back to the dataaudioaems folder and you are done.

Notes:

Once you have used this program, you cannot use WUMCHAN for you walk-up music any more.

Sometimes the new abk and ast files will have an extra "_" at the end, i.e. batdit_.abk and batdit_.ast. Just rename the files and remove the underscore.

You may want to experiment with changing the parameters in the sxbatch.bat file. Here is an explanation of what I have done:

-sa300 raises the volume 3X

-crop1,335000 extracts approximately the first 8 seconds of the song. I'm not sure if your mp3 is encoded at a different bit rate, this number could be different.

-fadeout1000 fades out the last second of the clip

Someone smarter than me might be able to write a batch file to rename the asf files rather than using the Muliple Rename program, which could simplify the process even more.

The NHL07AsfStudio can also be used with any of the other audio files in the aems folder.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASFStudio link is working for me. Try again. I didn't think it would be right to upload someone else's mod to this site.

Mo,

No hex editing is necessary. This program will change the abk file also, which is a sort of index file, so that the size of each asf file in the ast file doesn't matter anymore. The batch file will automatically create each ditty with a one second fadeout, so no popping. Reading it does hurt your brain, but it is really easy to do.

ASFStudio link is working for me. Try again. I didn't think it would be right to upload someone else's mod to this site.

It's definitely not working for me, I get a 404 error, maybe they are blocking my isp or something.

Reale24,

I'm not to familiar with Itunes, but I'm sure that you can just right click on the mp3 and select "copy" and then open the new folder, right click and then select paste. If the songs are only on your Ipod and not your computer's hard drive anymore, you will probably have to transfer them back to your computer first, which I don't think Itunes allows you to do, but you can probably google some Itunes alternatives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The parameters in my batch file will extract the first 8 seconds of the mp3 and fades out the last second at the end, so you do not have to edit the mp3. You can add the -reverb parameter to the batch file to add echo.

From sx help:

-reverb<preset,level>

Apply given reverb type to sample.

"preset" - Specify reverb preset. Allowable range is 0 .. 0.

"level" - Specify reverb level. Allowable range is 0 .. 127.

First, make sure you have the file named batdit.ast in your C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005dataaudiocdaems folder and the file named batdit.abk in your C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005dataaudioaems folder. Make sure there are no underscores in the file name. They should also have the current date if you've just modified them.

There is a line in certain datafiles that turns off walkup music. Try running the game with the default datafile to see if that is cause.

Look in the batdit subfolder that you created and make sure there are 86 asf files of similar size. Download the ASF player at http://www.kulibin.rhlmod.ru/files/nhl07/N...06ASFPlayer.rar

and try to play some the batdit_000x.asf files (x=the file number).

Post back when you're finished and let me know the results.

First, make sure you have the file named batdit.ast in your C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005dataaudiocdaems folder and the file named batdit.abk in your C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005dataaudioaems folder. Make sure there are no underscores in the file name. They should also have the current date if you've just modified them.

There is a line in certain datafiles that turns off walkup music. Try running the game with the default datafile to see if that is cause.

Look in the batdit subfolder that you created and make sure there are 86 asf files of similar size. Download the ASF player at http://www.kulibin.rhlmod.ru/files/nhl07/N...06ASFPlayer.rar

and try to play some the batdit_000x.asf files (x=the file number).

Post back when you're finished and let me know the results.

thanks man i figured it out just now....ur directions are supreme i just didnt read them well i guess

sx -sndstream *.mp3 -sa300 -crop1,335000 -fadeout1000 -=*.asf

Someone smarter than me might be able to write a batch file to rename the asf files rather than using the Muliple Rename program, which could simplify the process even more.

something like this

@echo off

sx -sndstream  *.mp3 -sa300 -crop1,335000 -fadeout1000 -=*.asf

set /a count=1

for %%i in (*.asf) do (

copy %%i .batdit_000!count!.asf

set /a count=!count! + 1

)

set /a count2=1

For %%F in (batdit_000?.asf) do (

copy %%i .batdit_0000!count2!.asf

set /a count2=!count2! + 1