New, Easier way to make a walk-up music file

hyman

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having some difficulties with importing my ditty music. Cropping the files were simple. When I had to shuffle things in folders, I got lost.

1. Is there suppose to be one batdit.ast file in audio/cd/aems???

2. How many batdit.abk files should there be in audio/cd/aems-----and audio/aems???

If there is anything else about quantity, please inform me.

THANKS!!!

One batdit.abk in data audio aems

One batdit.ast in data audio cd aems

When you run the NHL07AsfStudio, it creates two files batdit_.ast and batdit_.abk in the data audio cd aems folder.

You need to rename these to batdit.ast and batdit.abk and then move the batdit.abk file to the data audio aems folder.

Glad to hear you got it working. When I first created new walkup music, I too found that it was louder than I liked. The set

In the command

sx -sndstream *.mp3 -sa300 -crop1,335000 -fadeout1000 -=*.asf

The -sa300 makes the sound 3 times louder than normal (i.e. 300%)

I found that making the sound 85% of normal sounded right. I could hear the walkup music but still hear the announcers at the same time.

To do this, the command would be as follows:

sx -sndstream *.mp3 -sa85 -crop1,335000 -fadeout1000 -=*.asf

Cool I'll try that.....one more thing, I see there's certain ditty music genres i.e (ROCK, LATIN, HIP HOP etc.)

It's kind of hard to say, but is there specific sections for each genre???

i.e

LATIN (batdit.00001-batdit.00010)

ROCK (batdit.00011-batdit.00020)

HIP HOP (batdit.00021-batdit.00030) etc.????

Thats not what to click on.... 1st of all did you make the batch file using this command in the notepad???

Make sure you have your 86 mp3's, the SX.EXE file and the batch file in the same folder. If so, double click the batch file and your it will transform the mp3's into 8 sec. asf files.

Reply with further comments.

Glad to hear you got it working. When I first created new walkup music, I too found that it was louder than I liked. The set

In the command

The -sa300 makes the sound 3 times louder than normal (i.e. 300%)

I found that making the sound 85% of normal sounded right. I could hear the walkup music but still hear the announcers at the same time.

To do this, the command would be as follows:

sx -sndstream *.mp3 -sa85 -crop1,335000 -fadeout1000 -=*.asf

I appreciate you bringing that part about the 300 down to a level that was easy to understand.

So that this can be used for other audio files, such as crowd4a.ast or anything else, what does this mean: "-crop1,335000 "

That part indicates the length of the batter walkup music and where to start from.

-crop1,335000 means that you want to crop (i.e. shorten the song) and you want to start at frame 1 (the first frame) and you want the song to be 335000 frames long (8 seconds).

When I created walkup music for the 1978 mod and the upcoming 1956 mod, I played around and found that I could adjust the 8 second segment of a song I wanted to pick. To do this, I simply had to figure out where the starting frame should be (i.e. what value to put after the "crop" text.

If 335000 frames = 8 seconds, then that means 41875 frames = 1 second.

I simply listened to the song, determined how many seconds in I wanted the walkup music to start and then multiplied that number by 41875.

For example, if I wanted to skip the 1st 10 seconds of the song and then grab the next 8 seconds of the song for the walkup music, I would do the following:

10 seconds x 41875 frames / seconds = 418750 frames and the "crop" part of the command would look as follows:

-crop418750,335000

This means that you start cropping at frame 418750 and collect 8 seconds worth of the song.

I needed to know that.

I'm trying to use this for other audio files, and without that knowledge I'd be left to doing it the old way.

From your help all the way back a couple of years ago on the rookie.big to this, I thank you very much.

It could be that somehow Windows Explorer has file types of .bat configured to open with Notepad.

What you could do is open a DOS window (i.e. Command Prompt window), go to the folder where you have the batch file and run it "manually" by typing in the name of the batch file (without the .bat extension) and then pressing the Enter key. That's the way that I usually run batch files (so that I can see error messages if there are any problems).

Archived