• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bbygott

bbygott

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

Is it possible to have the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher after each pitch, rather than have the ball magically appear in the pitcher's hand? Is there a mod for this? Is this possible? Thanks!

#2 Jim825

Jim825

Commissioner

• Administrators
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:43 AM

Is it possible to have the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher after each pitch, rather than have the ball magically appear in the pitcher's hand? Is there a mod for this? Is this possible? Thanks!

No it's not. It's hardcoded into the game to behave like this.

#3 SwinginSoriano

SwinginSoriano

Hall of Famer

• Modders
  • 5,281 posts
  • Interests:pettin' Un0

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

I don't know why people ask for this feature so often, it's a lot better if the game goes as quick as possible. In ASB 99, the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher, let's say games took too long.

#4 ishotlove

ishotlove

Rookie

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

I understand it's not possible but i can see why he and others would ask for it. I don't want the game to go as quick is possible, i'd want it to be as close to a real game as possible. A lot of those little features really add to realism of the game.

#5 sdoyle7798

sdoyle7798

Rookie

• Contributors +
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Hockey, Bicycling

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

I understand it's not possible but i can see why he and others would ask for it. I don't want the game to go as quick is possible, i'd want it to be as close to a real game as possible. A lot of those little features really add to realism of the game.

Is it really THAT big of a deal though? I'd rather have the catcher have the ability to do the snap throw's to a base. (which I know isn't possible).

#6 Yankee4Life

Yankee4Life

Legend

• Administrators
  • 21,061 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:10 PM

No, this isn't possible. I know other games have done this. I can think of the old Hardball series by Accolade that had this. This is something that the other guys in this thread have already stated, it can't be modded. It's like the 40 man roster for September. Nothing can be done about that either.

#7 redsox

redsox

MVP

• Modders
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

Is it really THAT big of a deal though? I'd rather have the catcher have the ability to do the snap throw's to a base. (which I know isn't possible).

Snap throw to 1B or 3B is possible; but its limited only when you pitch-out. Which really doesn't serve its purpose.

#8 bbygott

bbygott

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for clarifying guys! I guess I asked because I use a pitching broadcast view and espn overay (Trues)... so everything else looks so dang realistic. I am awestruck by the amount of work many of you have put into this game!

#9 laruto

laruto

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but i think i found something..

There's a line in datafile.txt where we can assign catcher's.'throw back' animation as the 'normal catch' animation. There's still a major problem though, making the ball fly back to the pitcher (i'm sure it won't be as easy as the previous trick).

#10 DylanBradbury

DylanBradbury

All-Star

• Contributors +
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hello. Sorry for bumping this old thread, but i think i found something..

There's a line in datafile.txt where we can assign catcher's.'throw back' animation as the 'normal catch' animation. There's still a major problem though, making the ball fly back to the pitcher (i'm sure it won't be as easy as the previous trick).

That's quite the accomplishment, good find.

#11 JoeRudi26

JoeRudi26

Hall of Famer

• Administrators
  • 7,327 posts
  • Interests:Baseball / Hoosier Basketball / Foreign Languages

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

That's quite the accomplishment, good find.

Indeed. As someone mentioned above, I prefer the ball being thrown back to the pitcher as well, but also enjoy having the ability to hit a button if I want to skip it. The Show has this feature along with many other small details that really make a difference if you like a good, realistic pace of baseball.

#12 daflyboys

daflyboys

MVP

• Modders
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

maybe calling it "normal throw" ? not sure.

#13 MilkmanAnt

MilkmanAnt

Rookie

• Modders
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, MVP

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Wow that is interesting. Even if it gets figured out, the pitcher will turn his back to the catcher's throw.

Unless that can be edited also ;)

#14 MilkmanAnt

MilkmanAnt

Rookie

• Modders
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, MVP

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

I can't edit my post but Wwhat about when the starting pitcher is introduced and he throws warm up pitches? The catcher sends it back maybe there is some code of that in the datafile.

#15 daflyboys

daflyboys

MVP

• Modders
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Wow that is interesting. Even if it gets figured out, the pitcher will turn his back to the catcher's throw.

Unless that can be edited also ;)

Not sure about that. If you watch the video more closely, the pitcher flinches when the C throws the ball into the dirt as if to pursue it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users