Just for fun - 1951 Ebbets

paulw

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about making the baselines all 1 graphic, the infield 2 graphics and the OF 1 graphic with like 15 parts?

There are only a total number of about 9 textures used in the mfield. You absolutely need that mound part or the shadows get messed up. There isn't a removable to add. Just adding one 2048^2 texture size causes lag. You could model the parts suggested into an mstadium/removable slot but like I mentioned before that size is gonna lag.

My point was as follows:

9 Images

1- Mound

2- Bases

3- 1 Half infield

4- 1 Half infield

5- grass texture (used over and over again to fill OF)

6- Baseline (used twice for each side)

7- Warning Track (with edge line desired

8- On Deck Circles/Coaches Boxes

9- Whatever, I've lost my train of thought

Anyways, the point was to use 1024^2 for all of those but to 'cheat'. Instead of having to worry about the IF layout, just make 2 parts using the 2 images. You'd be able to photoshop the homeplate area the way you want it.

Of course, this still seems like a lot of work.

I want to try just a couple of different skies yet. There's an interaction between the sky and field texture. It affects the overall lighting. I seriously doubt it but I might be able to get this to look just a tad bit better. It's awesome now but I still want to try. In regards to signs (and the 56 version) that's all very easily interchangeable into this one.

I want to try just a couple of different skies yet. There's an interaction between the sky and field texture. It affects the overall lighting. I seriously doubt it but I might be able to get this to look just a tad bit better. It's awesome now but I still want to try. In regards to signs (and the 56 version) that's all very easily interchangeable into this one.

http://mpan3.homeip.net/earth

Here's what you do: Copy the sky files from Braves Field, then extract sky0.fsh with nfshtool. Download whatever sky you want from that site, resize it to 2048x512, and save it as a bmp file. Change the index.fsh file to the new file name, and change the size to 2048 x 512.

I have a slight dilema. I can do 1951 exact no problem (see below) - except I have no clue on the colors of the Baby Ruth sign which would replace the Old Gold sign in the rf corner. The reason I did the version I did - 1949-1950 was I had some great pictures and could sample all of the correct colors for the signs. Anyway here's a 1951 version sans Baby Ruth. I also changed the sky a bit (this is with bloom on):

I have a slight dilema. I can do 1951 exact no problem (see below) - except I have no clue on the colors of the Baby Ruth sign which would replace the Old Gold sign in the rf corner. The reason I did the version I did - 1949-1950 was I had some great pictures and could sample all of the correct colors for the signs. Anyway here's a 1951 version sans Baby Ruth. I also changed the sky a bit (this is with bloom on):

im going to look for you some pics, when i get from dinner, see what i can come up with, as far as the babe ruth, but damn, the sky is very nice! luv those thick clouds bro, and the bloom, well, thats obv. lol, looks really good bro.

Ebbets is all ready to go. Rolie did some nice additional work to make sure this thing runs smoothly. I need to know one thing before I release it - what is the ballpark used in total classics for Ebbets Field? I need to include this in the readme file and instructions.

I actually have 3 versions sitting on my computer now - 1949, 1951 (almost) and 1951 classic. 1951 classic is the one I'm going to release first - it's *slightly* more creative and makes the "Plato" in me very happy.

The last picture above is this version.

Archived