Old School League Baseball Starting Soon!

Gordo

Old School League Baseball (formerly Old Farts League) is beginning its' 2nd season soon!

This is a low pressure league designed for the somewhat older guy/family man who wants an MVP PC league without having to spend extensive amounts of time managing/playing.

The main thing that we ask is that you play "old school". There are 2 main gameplay principles that we utilize: 1) Pitching at a realistic MLB type pace & 2) Preloading the bat before the pitch is bush league!

OSLBprototypesmall.jpg

We have a comprehensive list of rules and guidelines to assure good league conduct and a solid level of SIM gameplay. We also have a good core group of guys who help guarantee a great baseball gaming experience! We want to keep the league on the somewhat small size to help manage and maintain our "professionalism".

If you think this fits you, then shoot me a message on AIM (daflyboys2k3) or PM me here. I'd look forward to talking to you more about it.

Thanks

---Gordie

**Update**

The league members met earlier this week and we decided to go with a ladder league in a shortened Season 2 during the interim time when the next roster set is put out by either KG or Ultimate. We will be using KG's 6.3 roster for this season 2 league.

If anyone is interested in a ladder league (or even wants to know what it is and how it works) shoot me a PM or AIM (daflyboys2k3 --- evenings are best).

Hey. I just wanted to say thanks for everything this first season Gordie! Had a great time. I suggest to anyone that wants a great relaxed game to join. Theses guys are a bunch of great guys. I had many laughs. I'm looking forward to getting season 2 going!!

Still not too late to join. We are in the pre-season, making last minute adjustments if necessary. We have lowered pitchers fielding and pickoff abilities and should see more realistic results there from season 1. The ladder will give guys the chance to play with all kinds of different teams and pitchers. We are currently at 8 good members..... should be fun! Join us!

• 2 weeks later...

The OSLB baseball site is up and running!! Check it out and let me know if you're interested in joining us. With a ladder league it's possible to join after the league has started for this season. Season 3 will feature a return back to controlling one team. Stop by and take a look!

OSLB Home Page

Archived