index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&

File Name: Fenway Park V 2

File Submitter: smokey12

File Submitted: 14 Mar 2009

File Updated: 29 Aug 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Stadiums

Version 2 (8/29/09)

New ads for 2009

well I wasn't going to release this but a few people asked for it so here is a very rough version of Fenway Park for MLB 2k9

HUGE thanks to Rolie for probably 70 percent of the textures

here's what this includes...

new home plate ads

new wall ads

majestic billboard over the monster

some numbers on the monster scoreboard

Click here to download this file

Im still waiting for a game where you actually hear the noise of a line drive hitting the monster. I just think that would be a nice touch.

I notice the coke bottles are still there in 2k9 as well. Meh.

Cheers for the update tho Smokey! Very much appreciated!

Im still waiting for a game where you actually hear the noise of a line drive hitting the monster. I just think that would be a nice touch.

That is a damn good Idea Mate!

But shouldn't you be with your Football Firm. Instead of talking to us yanks

Just Joking

I wish they had the smash of the monster too

• 2 weeks later...

I took smokeys mod and removed the Coke bottles. I just changed the bottle textures to transparent and poof, they were gone. Only thing is the scaffolding for the light towers maintains a black section (see screen shot) that I can't seem to do anything about. The effect is exaggerated in night games, but I still think it looks better than those bottles.

Is anyone interested?

s5fcb8.jpg

Rather than upload my own file just for that small fix, maybe we can get smokeys input on whether or not he'd like to incorporate it into his (potential) next update.

It's really not any big task, basically just replace the bottle image (9-71) with a transparent texture. I replaced 9-72 with a transparent texture as well (it's the lighting map) but I'm not sure that's even necessary.

I think the reason the black marks remain on the scaffolding is because although the texture is now transparent, the bottles are still technically there, just invisible, however the way the game handles lighting, the light can't pass fully through the bottles, despite their invisibility. Basically the invisible bottles are still casting a shadow on the poles.

I can't wait for the official patch, plus (hopefully) a way to edit the 3D meshes for this game. With a little bug fixing, and some ability to edit the 3D models in-game, we'd be in great shape.

• 5 months later...

Archived