1998 Mlb Mod

andy82

How did you create the rosters, using MVPEdit or modifying the datafiles by hand?

Using MVPEdit. For some reason, the program has completely messed up the teams .dat (as proven in the screenshot below as well as the stats table screenie in an earlier post). For some reason though, despite sorting out the org.dat, the dynasty mode removes the Reds, Angels & Marlins with the AL & NL All-Stars (Which are filled by a random minor league roster that I need to discover).

Anyway, I'm done for the night as it's 2am here. If anyone has any ideas please suggest them because I'm running out of them.

untitled.bmp

Edited by andy82

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much work did you complete in them? I'm debating if trying to export your players to a file, start fresh, then reimport them would solve the problem.

It seems things have corrupted beyond the point that it's easily fixable.

How much work did you complete in them? I'm debating if trying to export your players to a file, start fresh, then reimport them would solve the problem.

It seems things have corrupted beyond the point that it's easily fixable.

Basically everything is completed in the roster (Although soon I'm planing on a re-rate). I will try what you what have suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, some news. There hasn't been any work on the Mod from me in the last week or so due to exams and a mountain of coursework. But fear not, after this Friday, I should be 100% working on this mod (and trying to work out why the Rosters is being such an **** in Dynasty mode, or in Pats' case, the whole bloody game lol).

Right, some news. There hasn't been any work on the Mod from me in the last week or so due to exams and a mountain of coursework. But fear not, after this Friday, I should be 100% working on this mod (and trying to work out why the Rosters is being such an **** in Dynasty mode, or in Pats' case, the whole bloody game lol).

Just to add more info, I loaded the MVPEdit file and tried to export them directly. Didn't work. So, I took a single team, transferred it to a fresh file, and it still crashed. I also tried zeroing out the audio/photo IDs, but didn't help.

And, I could start a dynasty, sim or manage games, or run a HR derby, but playing a game made it crash. I don't know all the intricacies of the game, but I still think it's some doubled up IDs, or referring to something that doesn't exist. (I exported it to a clean 05 version.)

...which might be the case. I set their faces to the 900-series, and that seems to have fixed the issue. Let me global edit the original mbe, see if that'll run in game...

EDIT: Finishing a sentence.

Just to add more info, I loaded the MVPEdit file and tried to export them directly. Didn't work. So, I took a single team, transferred it to a fresh file, and it still crashed. I also tried zeroing out the audio/photo IDs, but didn't help.

And, I could start a dynasty, sim or manage games, or run a HR derby, but playing a game made it crash. I don't know all the intricacies of the game, but I still think it's some doubled up IDs, or referring to something that doesn't exist. (I exported it to a clean 05 version.)

...which might be the case. I set their faces to the 900-series, and that seems to have fixed the issue. Let me global edit the original mbe, see if that'll run in game...

EDIT: Finishing a sentence.

If you are seeing those crashes when you are trying to start a game, it sounds like a cyberface issue, namely that your roster reference a cyberface that is not in your models.big file.

Yea, I came to the same conclusion, which is why I moved player faces to the 900 series, and it seems to work. Now, after running it on the test mbe, I'll try global editing them on the original. If that fixes the problem, we'll know how to fix it.

EDIT: Aw, guess I can't globally edit face IDs. I'll do two teams by hand then, see if it solves the problem.

That's what's hard with editing someone else's work... you don't know all the circumstantial stuff like what faces are installed.

Well, just to make it official, I changed the cyberfaces for two teams to the 901-915 series, and it worked from that point forward.

So, what you should do is keep cyberfaces in the 901-915 range until you've collected the cyberfaces and assigned their IDs. Personally, I'd keep the graphics stuff until the end, but it's your mod. Just keep backups of your work, so you can revert back to a previous copy if something goes wrong.

Well, just to make it official, I changed the cyberfaces for two teams to the 901-915 series, and it worked from that point forward.

So, what you should do is keep cyberfaces in the 901-915 range until you've collected the cyberfaces and assigned their IDs. Personally, I'd keep the graphics stuff until the end, but it's your mod. Just keep backups of your work, so you can revert back to a previous copy if something goes wrong.

Thanks, that's brilliant news. And there's no issues at all in Dynasty with the team names and that? If so, that's awesome.

I started a dynasty and simmed a month with no issue. Then, I tried a game, but it crashed because I didn't 'fix' the Phillies with the 900-series cyberfaces.

There's probably a few more things that need to be done, but the rosters seem to be working now.

I started a dynasty and simmed a month with no issue. Then, I tried a game, but it crashed because I didn't 'fix' the Phillies with the 900-series cyberfaces.

There's probably a few more things that need to be done, but the rosters seem to be working now.

Beautiful. Could you by any chance upload a screenie of the schedule in dynasty and highlight one of the games please. I just want to be sure before I go and celebrate ;)

Edited by andy82

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small update just to let everyone who's interested (Which I'm guessing it's about half dozen lol). This is still in the works but I haven't been posting regular updates as I'm still doing the painful job of portraits whilst dealing with the computer crashing constantly lol.

I'd love to set a target release date but I'm not close to doing that.

I wouldn't even do that. Do what Jim825 does and that is announce nothing. When you give out a target release date for something and you do not release it on that date, you will hear about it from people in here. Jim announces nothing and says nothing about the mod he is working on and the way you find out about it is when you log on here and see it listed in the newest downloads. That's the best way to go.

My advice: DO NOT set a release date! If it's a moment past midnight on the date of you're release, you'll be flooded with PMs asking "why it's sooooooooooo late." Not fun.

Just release it when it's done. That way it's a nice suprise for those who are interested.