1998 Mlb Mod

andy82

Well you lot are right about that, as fitting with my luck, the laptop that I was using to make this mod and test it on has bricked. Luckily I backed up all my mod work so that luckily is a problem but as far as testing it out seems dead in the water until I can get funds for a new graphics card in this computer. (I guess it's not too bad but not fun if the game struggles to make it to 20fps).

God I'm getting sick of making counter-productive update but I thought it would be best just to let everyone know that it's not dead!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not dead, and nor is the mod. Getting some cosmetic stuff done at the moment (Loading Screens, Menu Screens, 750 Portraits!!!). Would rather be getting on with doing a re-rate of the roster and sorting out faces but I'm only human :)

If you need a hand doing the portraits, just let me know and ill help any way I can. I suddenly have a lot of spare time on my hands.

That would be perfect. I've created my own Action Set to do the 128x128 portraits because the only source for headshots is gettyimages and their images aren't of a high res, especially for pics taken 10 years ago lol.

I'll let you decide what teams you want to do and how much you want to do. Any help is a massive help B)

Hey Andy,

Since I had bit of free time today, and the inputPitching Generator didn't work for you, I compiled all the 1998 Pitchers (including minors) into inputPitching (1998). You can easily change the pitch-types for each pitcher, they're all set to random.

Hope this makes the 1998 mod a little easier for you.

Hey Andy,

Since I had bit of free time today, and the inputPitching Generator didn't work for you, I compiled all the 1998 Pitchers (including minors) into inputPitching (1998). You can easily change the pitch-types for each pitcher, they're all set to random.

Hope this makes the 1998 mod a little easier for you.

Oh my god you sir are a legend. A million thanks Dylan :give_rose:

Yeah it's just the generating input thing that messed up so you doing that has saved me valuable time as I'm entering college in a weeks time :).

I felt bad that the generator didn't work for you, it still mystifies me as to why it doesn't. I don't know if you're doing a full minors roster, but I should note that some teams didn't have AA or A affliates, so in those cases I wrote the affiliation level inside brackets, under the organization column.

Good luck with school man.

I outputted the inputPitching file that you sent and it produced some interesting results. Some players had minus ratings on their movement on pitches and I noticed that all had the same movement. No biggie, but thought I'd let you know.

Hey Andy, I updated the Pitching Calculator to fix that problem, (I think it's version 8.14.0.2 now).

I just noticed the same movement issues too, when I get a chance I'll try to fix it.

Thanks for letting me know!

Hey Andy, I updated the Pitching Calculator to fix that problem, (I think it's version 8.14.0.2 now).

I just noticed the same movement issues too, when I get a chance I'll try to fix it.

Thanks for letting me know!

No Problem.

Just one thing I like to comment on, probably a suggestion so feel free to shoot it down because I would understand it probably be either near impossible or very time consuming, but as .mbe files can be accessed using Microsoft Access, could it be say if it would be possible to link up the results outputted from your calculator directly into the roster files. Obviously if there was access to MVPedit's source files then I would suppose that would have been done already, but just because that isn't available probably wouldn't mean all avenues were unavailable.

I'm kinda just thinking out loud and I know some of that is not easy to understand (vocab & typing ability seems to evaporate when it's 1am lol), but it's just an idea that struck me.

I was looking into importing as well, and the easiest way may be the ASCII format that MVP uses for their files, which is the same as the files MVPEdit uses for the team/player import. Being able to create those files means easier importing into MVPEdit.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure it out, since by definition MVPEdit already did, and from visual inspection, the only part I'm not sure about is their 'unique ID' (the hex one). I don't know what degree of freedom we have with those, but if that's the worst part, it should handle well.

And, it gives us the benefit of making it a lot easier to import career/year-by-year stats, including minor league numbers, assuming they're available and handy.

eBay, Google image search, Altavista image search - I've used all of them when looking for portraits and images for loading screens, menu screens, license and CTS screens, etc.

You'll be amazed at how many pictures you'll get with Extreme Picture Finder.

http://www.exisoftware.com/picture_finder/index.html

You can have Extreme Picture Finder save entire website or you can use advanced download settings to save only full-size images or to save files only from a certain part of the website.

But what if you don't know where to start? Then you can find pictures using key phrases with built-in web picture search engine. Simply type your search phrase, click "Search" button and you'll have thousands of pictures to choose from in just a few minutes! And you can view them immediately in the built-in picture viewer.

Aha, the return of an old issue, simmed a franchise (with much more accurate results) but once again, this has happened:

"but I still had the NL & AL All Stars listed in the standings, as well as having the wrong team for the player listed in the stat leaders. I've uploaded it so you can help me out."

God I hate roster editing at times...

Right, thought a possible error would be the Free Agents list (Full of 0 rated players dubbed Generic Player). Didn't cure all the original dynasty problems but it did sort out the team rankings and exposed that Atlanta & Anaheim have no scheduled games.

Tried placing the original 2005 All Star teams to see if that was an issue...it wasn't. Feels like I'm going in circles here.