Cpu Trading In Franchise Mode

CurveBall

Hi guys,

Would any of you know happen to know if there is a way to actually turn off CPU trading in Franchise mode? I always had it turned off, but CPU-controlled teams still sign free agents and make trades almost on a daily basis. For some reason, whatever setting I use seems to have no effect whatsoever on CPU trading (it happens no matter what).

Funnily enough, I had it turned off before starting my current franchise. It didn't matter; the CPU keeps signing free agents like crazy and makes trades every now and again. You can change the options after starting the franchise as well although it doesn't seem to affect anything. It seems like those options are there to make us believe we can adjust settings when in fact we can't. :unknw: :(

Funnily enough, I had it turned off before starting my current franchise. It didn't matter; the CPU keeps signing free agents like crazy and makes trades every now and again. You can change the options after starting the franchise as well although it doesn't seem to affect anything. It seems like those options are there to make us believe we can adjust settings when in fact we can't. :unknw::(

That is strange. I am well into August with my franchise and the only trades or free agent moves that are made are instituted by me.

Only issue I have found is that sometimes the computer won't accept my trade (actual players traded IRL). Therefore I have to take the team I am trading with and make the player a FA and do the same with my player and then put each to the traded team.

That is strange. I am well into August with my franchise and the only trades or free agent moves that are made are instituted by me.

Only issue I have found is that sometimes the computer won't accept my trade (actual players traded IRL). Therefore I have to take the team I am trading with and make the player a FA and do the same with my player and then put each to the traded team.

But I guess you're controlling all 30 teams, right? I should have mentioned I am controlling only one...although I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Curveball...

Nope....Controlling only one...Chicago Cubs.

Oh, you're right, thanks! I just realized I was able to make pretty much all the transactions I wanted for every other computer-controlled team. So my temporary fix is to "undo" what the computer did (i.e. releasing the players they've signed, trading players back to their original team). It's not a perfect solution but at least it's better than not being able to do anything at all.

Now if only I could get my outfielders to actually catch the ball... :(

Archived