Is There A Way To Increase The Ball's Flight Speed?

dabanara

so is there a way to make the ball travel faster when you hit a flyball to the outfield?

it seems to me that balls stay up in the air too long allowing OFs to track down too many balls.

to counter this, i decreased fielder's speed but the real fix would be to adjust the speed of the balls, especially ones that are hit to the outfield. it just seems to me that they float in the air way too long to be realistic.

• 4 weeks later...

so is there a way to make the ball travel faster when you hit a flyball to the outfield?

it seems to me that balls stay up in the air too long allowing OFs to track down too many balls.

to counter this, i decreased fielder's speed but the real fix would be to adjust the speed of the balls, especially ones that are hit to the outfield. it just seems to me that they float in the air way too long to be realistic.

You're not gonna get realism with that game. There's no way to change the strange physics in MLB 2K9. I can barely believe there's no tailing line drives in that game. How does a multi million dollar company who has released like 7 baseball games in the past release this caliber of baseball game in the year 2009 ? Ah, sorry, got off on a little rant..

No please rant on because its really sad that the game hasn't found a foundation to build off of. I have NBA 2k10 for the PC and the game has done nothing but get better and better. This years release NBA 2k10 is off of the charts. Its hard to believe that the same company makes the MLB series. I hope that the development team gets help from the other game developers especially NBA series to help get the MLB series up to par. MLB 2k9 was just horrible and poorly put together with no interest in detail. The only things I liked about MLB 2k9 was the introduction of the new announcers and the game looks graphically good in the daytime. When you play a nite game it doesnt even seem like the same game. and forget about ball physics, and other baseball details that are just absent. Makes me wonder if the development team can even bounce back and give us a good game becasue its so much that has to be done. We will see.....

What really shocks me - and I mean actually shocks me - is that MVP Baseball 2005 is so well done that I still play it and I have a PS3 and MLB 09 The Show. People dis EA Sports, but, I don't understand what basis they have to insult EA Sports. If MVP Baseball was still being made, it'd be a gem.

I adjusted MLB 2K9's sliders so much that honestly, I spent more time adjusting sliders than playing the game and all my time and effort resulted in nothing. If they would just take their time and put some f'in effort into making the next MLB 2K game, it could be decent, but I have no hope for them. The only hope I have for 2K is that they get so poor that in order to remain in business they are forced to sell their MLB license to the highest bidder.

Archived