~Return Of The Elephants~Oakland Athletics 2010

rookie_rick

I pitched Arod and Jeter up and in, and Teixeira low and away, depending on the situation. Depending on how many men were on with how many outs, I might not have even gave them a pitch to hit. I kept it under their chin and only in reaching distance the entire game. I walked 8 batters (3 intentionally) in Game 1, and 5 in Game 2.

They all tagged me in Game 1 before I realized I was going to have to focus with each pitch. That said though, my advice would be to go after Pettite and stay aggressive. Almost everything he throws is in the strike zone, and he has no breaking ball to speak of.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know i am a bit behind in the games :rolleyes: Just been a busy couple of days. I have the first game against Cleveland saved in the 2nd inning and will play it tonight or finish it tomorrow morning along with games 2 and 3 of the series so i am back up to date :)

Good job taking the series against the Yankees, rick. If you want to compare, here my wrap up.

I see Chavez struggled in a little in your series. He's finally coming around for me, hitting about .285 with his first home run against New York. Also, I noticed you have Adam Rosales on the roster, how's he doing so far? Ellis is struggling for me, so I may let things go until the end of April and make some roster moves.

Anyway, I started a blog here on MVP: http://www.mvpmods.c...n=blog&blogid=9, Check it out if you like and post whatever you want. Maybe you could get one started too.

I just finished Game 2 with Cleveland and have split so far. Good luck on your end!

Eric Chavez started the season very well but as to be expected has cooled down somewhat now, he still laeds the team in HRs and is second in batting average. Adam Rosales is mainly a bench player and is doing quite badly for me up to this point. He has 1 RBI and an average below .200.

Mark Ellis has been great for me so far, he has hit for power and average. I really hope he doesn't get injured because my line up is going to suffer massively if i lose him.

As i say that i have just seen that Mark Ellis is on the DL, so after this game i am going to have to put Mark Ellis and Travis Buck on the DL. Also i am going to have to keep an eye on Brett Anderson and Daric Barton :facepalm:

I think i will play out my series against the Indians and then place them on the DL because i only found the injuries today and i'm 2 days behind so no one will mind :lol:

I think i am going to turn off manual injuries and have control of the farm system because it has removed a bit of the strategy and fun for me because i can't send players down that are doing badly for me and the injuries should be part of the game i'm playing and not just forced.

I will still be limited with what i can do because of players having no options or few left, i am not going to send someone down if it means possibly losing them on waivers because obviously that would defeat the object of keeping realistic rosters and completing all the transactions that the real A's complete.

The players that are already on the DL will stay on there until they are eligible to be removed and after that all injuries will occur as and when the game decides :lol:

I'm doing the same with injuries as well, just letting them happen as they will. BTW, is it possible to trade players between two other teams without your own being involved? If there is, I can't find it. :blink:

I don't think you can do that once the Franchise has started unless you controlled all 30 teams at the beginning of it. I will have a look though to see if you can.

If not a more complicated way might be trade one of your players to "team A" and recieve the player you want to move, then trade that player to "team B" for the other player involved in the real trade and then trade "player B" to "team A" allowing you to get your player back and both players being traded to the right team. :lol: complicated maybe, works probably :lol: You will need force trades on though.

I have 2 of 3 against Cleveland played, Game 2 was not pretty :facepalm: i will play the 3rd game and get them all put up. Been hectic. :wacko:

I don't think you can do that once the Franchise has started unless you controlled all 30 teams at the beginning of it. I will have a look though to see if you can.

If not a more complicated way might be trade one of your players to "team A" and recieve the player you want to move, then trade that player to "team B" for the other player involved in the real trade and then trade "player B" to "team A" allowing you to get your player back and both players being traded to the right team. :lol: complicated maybe, works probably :lol: You will need force trades on though.

I have 2 of 3 against Cleveland played, Game 2 was not pretty :facepalm: i will play the 3rd game and get them all put up. Been hectic. :wacko:

Yep, that's what I thought. Oh well, I've done it that way before, and I'll probably just make the important trades when they happen.

Man, I finished up the series with Cleveland last night. My team looked like crap, I won Game 1, and then they shut me out in Games 2 and 3. I'm giving Ellis and Sweeney until the end of April and then I'm going to be forced to make some major changes.

Yep, that's what I thought. Oh well, I've done it that way before, and I'll probably just make the important trades when they happen.

Man, I finished up the series with Cleveland last night. My team looked like crap, I won Game 1, and then they shut me out in Games 2 and 3. I'm giving Ellis and Sweeney until the end of April and then I'm going to be forced to make some major changes.

I'm giving Sweeney, Patterson and a number of others from the bullpen until after the Toronto series and then they can say goodbye to MLB for a while. I came within 1 out of being shut out in game 2. A wild pitch allowed me to score my only run of the game. :facepalm: Just about to start Game 3 facing Jake Westbrook. A plus point is that Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for me. Pitching duel maybe coming up.

*Edit*

I have Michael Wuertz coming back in 11 days along with a few others so i may leave it until then to move any pitchers.

I'm giving Sweeney, Patterson and a number of others from the bullpen until after the Toronto series and then they can say goodbye to MLB for a while. I came within 1 out of being shut out in game 2. A wild pitch allowed me to score my only run of the game. :facepalm: Just about to start Game 3 facing Jake Westbrook. A plus point is that Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for me. Pitching duel maybe coming up.

*Edit*

I have Michael Wuertz coming back in 11 days along with a few others so i may leave it until then to move any pitchers.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out. Maybe you and I (if you want) can compare stat totals and numbers on a monthly basis, especially with April winding down. Might be kind of cool to see where we both stand.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out. Maybe you and I (if you want) can compare stat totals and numbers on a monthly basis, especially with April winding down. Might be kind of cool to see where we both stand.

Yeah that sounds good to me, i will also pick out some of the players in the minors that i may bring up to show you how they are doing as well.

Good job on getting the series, rick, and you did it on 16 total hits.  But Game 2..ouch, eh?  I didn't take a beating the whole series, and I lost the series, but I just couldn't get anything going at the plate.  

In my series:

Total Runs

Cleveland: 6

Oakland: 3 

Your series:

Total Runs:

Cleveland: 14

Oakland: 9

Pretty average on your end, but I have definitely got to get things going in this next series against Tampa Bay.  Good luck on your end.   :good:

Good job on getting the series, rick, and you did it on 16 total hits. But Game 2..ouch, eh? I didn't take a beating the whole series, and I lost the series, but I just couldn't get anything going at the plate.

In my series:

Total Runs

Cleveland: 6

Oakland: 3

Your series:

Total Runs:

Cleveland: 14

Oakland: 9

Pretty average on your end, but I have definitely got to get things going in this next series against Tampa Bay. Good luck on your end. :good:

Ouch that doesn't look pretty. If you are facing Niemann on the mound watch out for his curveball, don't swing at it unless he is throwing beach balls :lol:

If you ignore the embarrasing game 2 i managed to hold the Indians to 4 runs on 15 hits.

I managed 8 runs on 11 hits over game 1 & 3. Not great but enough to win games..

The Rays are not easy. The top 5 batters of the Rays were hitting well over .300 before game 1. I did catch a break with Carlos Pena being out of the line up.

How is the rest of league shaping up with their run scored totals?

I am pretty much dead last with most teams over 100 runs and some touching 130.

How is the rest of league shaping up with their run scored totals? 

I am pretty much dead last with most teams over 100 runs and some touching 130.

After the fiasco in this last series, I have no doubt that I'm dead last.  Was probably close even before this series.   :facepalm:

Anyway, I'll be able to check a little later, and I'll post the numbers.

Congrats on taking the series RR. Man, Davis on a 12-game hit streak. With his speed, how many extra base hits does he have?

I have just finished tomorrow's game against the Rays. So the stats are a little ahead of what's presented at this point.

Davis is hitting .288/0/1 with 0 triples and 3 doubles. He has 6 stolen bases on 6 attempts. 4 walks and 17 strikeouts.

Archived