~Return Of The Elephants~Oakland Athletics 2010

rookie_rick

Man Rick. Everytime I see your presentation, it just keeps getting better and better. Good luck with this man. I'm following.

I'm just about to get my Franchise ready to start my first game so you won't be waiting too long for the action to begin8)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice win, rick, and good job on keeping Griffey contained.   :spiteful:  I used the same strategy on Pujols.  Walk him or hit him, just don't give him anything to hit.  Great job on the presentation, it's obvious you've come a long way in PS since the "old days".  Great work!

I know it's hard to post any type of boxscore after the games, it takes about 8 pics for each team, and then you have to put them all together, but one thing I found myself looking for was the line score.  I was wondering what innings you and your opponent scored.  Not a big deal really, I just sort of found myself looking for it and didn't see it.

Anyway, good luck next game!

Nice win, rick, and good job on keeping Griffey contained. :spiteful: I used the same strategy on Pujols. Walk him or hit him, just don't give him anything to hit. Great job on the presentation, it's obvious you've come a long way in PS since the "old days". Great work!

I know it's hard to post any type of boxscore after the games, it takes about 8 pics for each team, and then you have to put them all together, but one thing I found myself looking for was the line score. I was wondering what innings you and your opponent scored. Not a big deal really, I just sort of found myself looking for it and didn't see it.

Anyway, good luck next game!

I don't think i could intentionally hit Pujols, i admire him as a player too much :rolleyes: It would have to be the intentional walk every at bat :)

Yeah, i feel like i can put better presentations together but nowhere near the standard i want them to be but i will keep working.

I knew i forgot something, i was in a rush to post it because i was being nagged at to get ready to go out. I will just put it up now :)

I will start putting box-scores up once i have caught up with all the games, i have games 1 & 2 played, need to play 3 and tonight's game.

Sorry about the picture quality of the box score, i am using a less than impressive tv at the minute <_<

Thanks rick. It looks like they made a run at you in the 9th. Were you sweating bullets? :drinks:

I thought they had me to be honest, they had Ichiro on second with 2 outs with Figgins up. I thought for certain i was going to lose the lead but i managed to get him to ground out to 3rd. :yahoo: Those type of games are bad for my health :facepalm:

I thought they had me to be honest, they had Ichiro on second with 2 outs with Figgins up. I thought for certain i was going to lose the lead but i managed to get him to ground out to 3rd. :yahoo: Those type of games are bad for my health :facepalm:

Awesome.  Anytime Ichiro gets on, and he's not on your team, it's bad for your health.  Just for your info, and if you're using my sliders, I made a couple of adjustments last night that seemed to work very well after only one game.  My hit/run totals were consistently pretty low, so I moved the Contact slider up to 1, and the Fielder Reaction Time down 1.  I went from 7-8 hits a game to 11-12, which may be a bit more realistic.  Granted, I've only played one game with the new adjustments, but the difference was obvious.

Anyway, just letting you know for future reference.

so I moved the Contact slider up to 1, and the Fielder Reaction Time down 1. I went from 7-8 hits a game to 11-12, which may be a bit more realistic.

I´m going to set the Fielder Reaction down 1, but the contact just keep it cause works for me.......like i told you before your Sliders RULES!!!! :good:

Awesome. Anytime Ichiro gets on, and he's not on your team, it's bad for your health. Just for your info, and if you're using my sliders, I made a couple of adjustments last night that seemed to work very well after only one game. My hit/run totals were consistently pretty low, so I moved the Contact slider up to 1, and the Fielder Reaction Time down 1. I went from 7-8 hits a game to 11-12, which may be a bit more realistic. Granted, I've only played one game with the new adjustments, but the difference was obvious.

Anyway, just letting you know for future reference.

Thanks, i made a few adjustments to the sliders before game 1 anyway because i was noticing that the fielders were reaching the ball a bit too quickly and i was able to strike out too many batters with sub par pitching so put the foul balls for CPU to full and put the power up a couple of clicks just to make it a bit harder :spiteful:

Just working on game 2 now.

I´m going to set the Fielder Reaction down 1, but the contact just keep it cause works for me.......like i told you before your Sliders RULES!!!! :good:

Thanks, laroquece.  Adjusting the sliders are usually a 3 or 4 month project, and the fact that the sliders in this game work very well, I'm sure I'll be tweaking them for some time to come.

I agree, I noticed, more often than not, some very hard hit balls down the lines that probably should have been hits, but the 1st and 3rd basemen got to them pretty quickly.  I was beginning to wonder if the reaction time was too quick, or they were just somewhat out of position, merely too close to the lines.  I have no problem hitting the gaps in the infield, actually I'm getting good results.  Lots of hits between the 3rd baseman and shortstop, and same on the right side of the infield.  It's just the down the lines that I felt was a little unrealistic.

I'll see how this works out in the next few games.

put the power up a couple of clicks just to make it a bit harder :spiteful:

I'm seeing plenty of power from both the User and the CPU, and I don't ever use the power swing button.  The Cubs hit me hard in game 4, so I'm not touching anything for a while.  At least not for them.  :)

I'm seeing plenty of power from both the User and the CPU, and I don't ever use the power swing button. The Cubs hit me hard in game 4, so I'm not touching anything for a while. At least not for them. :)

I have got 2 home runs in 2 games which from this A's team is pretty good both not using the power swing but the CPU hasn't come close to clearing the wall yet so i thought i would see how they play with this adjustment. Watch me get completely annihilated in game 3 :rolleyes:

Tough loss, rick. Man, keeping Ichiro off the basepaths is crucial when playing Seattle.  I have plenty of experience trying to do just that, and it's near impossible.  The only other person that I can remember that caused so much chaos when he got on was Rickey Henderson.  There are a few in the game now, Reyes, Rollins, etc., but when Ichiro gets on it's almost automatic that he's going to come across the plate.

Tough loss, rick. Man, keeping Ichiro off the basepaths is crucial when playing Seattle. I have plenty of experience trying to do just that, and it's near impossible. The only other person that I can remember that caused so much chaos when he got on was Rickey Henderson. There are a few in the game now, Reyes, Rollins, etc., but when Ichiro gets on it's almost automatic that he's going to come across the plate.

I have never really had problems tackling Reyes, Rollins, Hanley and some of the fast guys but Ichiro is just something else. I had to pick the A's where i will coming up against him 18 times a season :facepalm: Game 3 will be played shortly and that will be me up to date but i am going to have to think of a plan for Ichiro.

Archived