Roster Updating Help

R3DS0X

Well i have downloaded 3 different roster files. i am POSITIVE im putting them in the right folder but for some reaso nwhen i go to load them in game it isnt showing up. i have tried reinstalling any idea what the problem is?

Before I try to help you out I want to welcome you to the website and I hope you enjoy it.

Now before I begin I have to tell you that I do not own 2K9 but I am pretty proficient in installing mods to these games since I have been doing it for a number of years.

I took a look at one of the rosters for 2k9 and the one I got the most information from was the one by DonSpa, the 2k9 No Fakes roster. In DonSpa's directions he tells you to do this to get the rosters to show up in your game:

TO INSTALL:add the ros file to the application data/2ksports/mlb 2k9/saves folder

then run the game and load the roster

Chances are you are missing something here. When a mod does not work, nine times out of ten it is because of user error. And this happens to everyone.

Hopefully other people who are more familiar with 2k9 will come in here and they can lend their expertise to help you solve this issue.

Just to add to what Y4L posted. Since you didn't state what OS you are using, the following is for .ROS(Rosters) & .SLD(Sliders) files for the 3 Windows OS. Also you must have a program called winrar to extract the mods first after you download them from our site. After you extract the mod, follow the appropriate instructions below for your OS. If you need winrar: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

For XP users:

Copy/Paste the .SLD/.ROS file to your /Documents and Settings/2K Sports/MLb 2k9/Saves folder. Start your game, load the file(s).

For Vista/Win 7 Users:

Goto My Computer and click the Organize tab at the top left, Click Folder and Search Options and select the

view tab. Ensure that the button labeled Show Hidden Files and Folders under the folder Hidden Files and Folders

is selected. If it is not selected then select it.

Copy/Paste the .SLD/.ROS file to Users/YourUsername/AppData/Roaming/2K Sports/MLB 2k9/Saves folder. Start your game, load the file(s).

Welcome to the site and good luck.

• 1 month later...

I too can't find where to put the roster's in Windows 7.

I found it in Vista, but since I've upgraded to Windows 7 and reinstalled the game, there is no 2kSports folder under AppData.

Can anybody help me? The default roster is rather old now.

Thanks!

I too can't find where to put the roster's in Windows 7.

Is that so?? We have that information well hidden around here. In fact it was so well hidden that it is in the post above yours. And we know you didn't bother reading it because either you can't read or didn't want to read it because you wanted someone else to do your work for you. NOT THIS TIME.

I found it in Vista, but since I've upgraded to Windows 7 and reinstalled the game, there is no 2kSports folder under AppData.

See above response. I swear before God himself that I am not as impatient as I appear to be at times in here but I have no patience for people like you who can not even take the God damn time to read the posts in this very thread for God sake.

Can anybody help me? The default roster is rather old now.

And so is the attitude of you people who are lazy like yourself who can not take the time to READ.

I appreciate the quick response. I've read all of the above posts, and that folder is not there on my computer. Not sure why or where it would be. I've even searched for .ROS files as well as 2k and 2ksports folders on my computer including hidden files.

I've also allowed all hidden files and folders as well as system files just to be sure.

Is there another place that you have seen the folder being placed?

I almost think that last time I found the folder in My Documents or something, but still can't find it.

Thanks again, and just to be clear, I've been all over the support forum looking for my answer before posting on here.

I appreciate the quick response. I've read all of the above posts, and that folder is not there on my computer. Not sure why or where it would be. I've even searched for .ROS files as well as 2k and 2ksports folders on my computer including hidden files.

I've also allowed all hidden files and folders as well as system files just to be sure.

Is there another place that you have seen the folder being placed?

I almost think that last time I found the folder in My Documents or something, but still can't find it.

Thanks again, and just to be clear, I've been all over the support forum looking for my answer before posting on here.

If you don't have a 2k9/Saves folder as per my post.... then create the folder(s).

lol. No troll here. I really didn't have that folder but didn't realize that I had to run the game once for the folders to be made.

Once I started playing a game, I exited the game and then checked the directory and boom, there it was.

Just to be clear, that wasn't mentioned in this thread nor in the other threads that I've read on the subject. I do apologize for causing all kinds of animosity amongst members here. This is really a great site and I've been a member for over a year.

Anyway, sorry once again.

Go Tigers!

Archived