Mlb 11 The Show Vs. Mlb 2K11

rows24

WOW! Check out this link :http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5922458/show-first-look?readmore=fullstory

2K will really have to step it up this year, THE SHOW HAS GOT RIGHT STICK ANALOG CONTROL FOR FIELDING, HITTING, AND THROWING. I think that will make this the ultimate game. If 2k doesnt improve big time they are done.

2K will still own the PC market, assuming they release a PC version of MLB 2K11.

and we see how that has gone the past few years. look how many people left 2k for pc and went to the show. Now that the show has the analog controls which do sound very interesting and challenging, if 2k11 isnt up to par they are down PC or no PC.

I can't believe it, SCEA realized Pitchers are in baseball too! That's encouraging.

Also, they actually let you play the game in RTTS! No longer will it do most of the fielding and then just let you throw the ball and act like you were doing something. Another big step forward.

AND, you can finally pick a type of player! So you can pick a fatass who can't run but who will launch homers. Finally SCEA, awesome.

I'm concerned that they don't appear to have done anything to the pitching mode in RTTS for the, what, 5th year in a row? It's now far behind even 2k, which is pathetic.

But, overall, looks like an improvement.

and we see how that has gone the past few years. look how many people left 2k for pc and went to the show. Now that the show has the analog controls which do sound very interesting and challenging, if 2k11 isnt up to par they are down PC or no PC.

his statement made no comparison to whether one game is better than the other. i think it's pretty safe to assume that the show is the superior game at this point, but that doesn't give them the edge in the pc market because it's not on pc. 2k could be the worst game in history, but it will still have the pc market because it is the only choice on pc. 2k just needs to step it up if it wants the market on baseball games in general.

Big Deal...that's all I have to say!! For one thing I'm not going out to buy a PS3 although i'm quite sure the show is a much better game. Second, unless the show is available on PC I guess were stuck with 2ksports which I can live with...I don't mind it. Every game has it's flaws but you learn to work with it and for right now MLB2k baseball is fine by me.

his statement made no comparison to whether one game is better than the other. i think it's pretty safe to assume that the show is the superior game at this point, but that doesn't give them the edge in the pc market because it's not on pc. 2k could be the worst game in history, but it will still have the pc market because it is the only choice on pc. 2k just needs to step it up if it wants the market on baseball games in general.

There are always choices. Me I choose MVP05, gives me something those other games arent. Total Classics Conversions.

thats all I need, thanks:friends:

Thanks Homer. You understood exactly what I was saying. I wasn't arguing the merits of one game over the other.

I don't have a console system, nor will I ever get one, so I'll never be playing The Show. As for MLB 2K, I tried MLB 2K9 but didn't like it and sold it after only 2 weeks. When I read that the controls for MLB 2K10 were the same as 2K9, I didn't even consider buying it.

I'll stick with MVP as long as I can....

Well I understand what you guys are saying also. As far as mvp, there is no comparison, I had all the PC series when it was triple play than mvp. 2005 was the best, but it is way outdated and I woudnt dare try to keep playing it. The 2k series have made improvements but nothing steady, 2k9 had so many stupid bugs it was uncalled for, 2k10 looked good but there were still so many things missing that took away from the game like the fielding, the hitting, lack of ball physics, no injuries, no errors. I dont want to force myself to like a game. The show 10 was good straight out of the box, the only problem I had was I would get bored of pushing buttons. Now with the analog control well..... A great game.

And besides get a grip guys u act like the console costs $500. The show is the ticket, especially if 2k doesnt deliver this year and they are known for not delivering. I wont even dare waste my time posting all the things 2k didnt do in 2k11 this year, no need because they wont fix it.

I mean look at the advertising, they advertise the game with 2k10 pictures, how stupid is that, they next the show comes out with screensshots, plenty of info. 2k is a joke a doesnt know what in the world they are doing.

If they cant give us info and screenshots by know from 2k11, than I dont expect much from them this year.

Well I understand what you guys are saying also. As far as mvp, there is no comparison, I had all the PC series when it was triple play than mvp. 2005 was the best, but it is way outdated and I woudnt dare try to keep playing it. The 2k series have made improvements but nothing steady, 2k9 had so many stupid bugs it was uncalled for, 2k10 looked good but there were still so many things missing that took away from the game like the fielding, the hitting, lack of ball physics, no injuries, no errors. I dont want to force myself to like a game. The show 10 was good straight out of the box, the only problem I had was I would get bored of pushing buttons. Now with the analog control well..... A great game.

And besides get a grip guys u act like the console costs $500. The show is the ticket, especially if 2k doesnt deliver this year and they are known for not delivering. I wont even dare waste my time posting all the things 2k didnt do in 2k11 this year, no need because they wont fix it.

I mean look at the advertising, they advertise the game with 2k10 pictures, how stupid is that, they next the show comes out with screensshots, plenty of info. 2k is a joke a doesnt know what in the world they are doing.

If they cant give us info and screenshots by know from 2k11, than I dont expect much from them this year.

And besides get a grip guys u act like the console costs $500.

When did I say or imply that? All I said was that I don't have a console system nor will I ever get one. It's because I have no desire to get one and not because of the cost. I have nothing against console systems. I'll just never use one enough to justify buying one.

When did I say or imply that? All I said was that I don't have a console system nor will I ever get one. It's because I have no desire to get one and not because of the cost. I have nothing against console systems. I'll just never use one enough to justify buying one.

That's what I always thought, and admittedly for the first 2 years I barely used it. But then we canceled our crazy expensive cable TV and now we only use netflix streaming through the PS3. It's all we need.

I agree with everything this guy posted. If I had to describe his post in a word, it would be factual.

Yeah, the minute you play The Show (plus the Netflix aspect Sean mentioned), it makes the money spent on a PS3 WELL worth it.

I don't like the sound of the new controls at all, so hopefully they keep the classic option in there. Otherwise, they lose me for the foreseeable future. I suppose I should read the link before I worry to much about it.

Either way, i am working on my all time roster on The Show 10 now anyway, so if I don't like '11, I still have that.

EDIT: After reading it, I am pretty excited. Still a little concerned about the controls though. I don't use the current controls, I use classic. Hopefully they have not dropped them. I just find it hard to believe that they will add the new, keep the current, and still have the option for classic. 3 types just seems unrealistic to me.

Yeah, the minute you play The Show (plus the Netflix aspect Sean mentioned), it makes the money spent on a PS3 WELL worth it.

I don't like the sound of the new controls at all, so hopefully they keep the classic option in there. Otherwise, they lose me for the foreseeable future. I suppose I should read the link before I worry to much about it.

Either way, i am working on my all time roster on The Show 10 now anyway, so if I don't like '11, I still have that.

EDIT: After reading it, I am pretty excited. Still a little concerned about the controls though. I don't use the current controls, I use classic. Hopefully they have not dropped them. I just find it hard to believe that they will add the new, keep the current, and still have the option for classic. 3 types just seems unrealistic to me.

Well you dont have to worry about the classic controls, they will be there. That was mentioned in the article. Good thing about the show is when they add to the game they dont directly take something away that has made the game or been part of the foundation.

As far as the analog controls, im sold from just hearing how they work. One thing about the development team from the show is, they new about analog controls since 2k was using them, but like the rep from sony said, they didnt want to put them into to game until they new they were rite, the controls have probably been under development for years now. Sony was just waiting to put the final nail in the coffin on 2k.

Well you dont have to worry about the classic controls, they will be there. That was mentioned in the article. Good thing about the show is when they add to the game they dont directly take something away that has made the game or been part of the foundation.

As far as the analog controls, im sold from just hearing how they work. One thing about the development team from the show is, they new about analog controls since 2k was using them, but like the rep from sony said, they didnt want to put them into to game until they new they were rite, the controls have probably been under development for years now. Sony was just waiting to put the final nail in the coffin on 2k.

As much as I wish Sony would put the final nail in 2K's coffin and maybe give a shot to another company to produce a decent baseball game, they can't. The show only is made for the PS3. 2K is made for Xbox 360, Wii and PC. So even though 2K is a far inferior game, it has three times the market and probably outsells the show.

As much as I wish Sony would put the final nail in 2K's coffin and maybe give a shot to another company to produce a decent baseball game, they can't. The show only is made for the PS3. 2K is made for Xbox 360, Wii and PC. So even though 2K is a far inferior game, it has three times the market and probably outsells the show.

I doubt that 2k outsells the show, if it does it is only because it is produced for the other systems. I know that 2k is not enjoyable to play like the show is.

Archived