The Thrill Is Back!

Veesmack

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

veesmack, trying to pm you but it's not working.

Saying my message box was filled is an understatement. I didn't realize I had 53 messages out of a 25 message quota. It was surreal. I actually saw you had pm'ed a before my hiatus when I was going to school.

Also, I randomly decided to make this willie mays face. I had tons of pictures from the internet from before and I saw some good photos I saved. There's this really good Corbis picture of Mays in his 40's or early 50's but he looks like could have still been playing. It was either this or Eddie Murray was decision. I will do the Eddie Murray using a hi res pressbox headshot when he was the Dodgers' batting coach. I think it'll turn out well.

post-15844-098991900 1310159674_thumb.pnpost-15844-034798300 1310160414_thumb.pn

And it is great to see Homer around here too! :)

Ha! I've been lurking for awhile. in the process of building a couple of computers so i can get up and running again. i will be back!

Veesmack, I'll pm you again, but you should check out the face packs i've made in case you don't want to duplicate. I made a few of murray from that photo as well. i made one of mays too, but it looks like you had a better picture. i'd love to see the photo you used.

Veesmack, I'll pm you again, but you should check out the face packs i've made in case you don't want to duplicate. I made a few of murray from that photo as well. i made one of mays too, but it looks like you had a better picture. i'd love to see the photo you used.

Here's the photo I used from corbis. Check your messages. thanks for all the info. Catch you later and good luck with those computers!

post-15844-040698700 1310173109_thumb.jp

post-15844-009669900 1310225900_thumb.jp

Hey Veesmack - good to see you back.

Hello Homer! Whats that old saying "The band is back together."

Anyways good to see you fellows are doing well!

except in this case, one of them's waiting to get his instruments back :) If there was a gtx 460 lying around, I could be up and running, but we'll have to wait until everything gets here.

Hey Veesmack - good to see you back.

Hello Homer! Whats that old saying "The band is back together."

Anyways good to see you fellows are doing well!

Thanks AlexTony! I'm happy to be back. When I was going to school, I always reminisced on how much fun this was being here and making mods. Cal-Berkeley was just as difficult place to get by in. I never had enough time to do anything let alone have time for my hobbies. But I graduated last summer. I felt like the guys from HBO's the Pacific after they returned from war. I guess it took time for me to truly believe I was done with the school. Even until the diploma was sitting outside my door months later, I felt like it wasn't over yet.

I look forward on catching up on the creativity that will always be reserved for MVP. I didn't play MVP until the middle of May since 2006. Playing that first game was so awesome. This game is still great after all these years. Try playing Triple Play 2001 on the original playstation lol. It's like a marathon.

Here's my version of GIants legends Mel Ott and Christy Mathewson:

Both times I just randomly looked at photographs of players looking for other players. Both players were just random sporadic instances of seeing what may happen. It was actually pretty cool. Black/White photograph and all, it turned out interesting.

Mel Ott was quite a challenge in his own right.

Does anybody have a photo/audio ID for Big Siix?

post-15844-073939200 1310771914_thumb.pn

post-15844-000537000 1310771998_thumb.pn

post-15844-033453100 1310772024_thumb.pn

post-15844-038163000 1310778821_thumb.pn

Wow! I'm so glad you did Mathewson. He's such a challenge because he has such a generic looking face, but you pulled it off flawlessly.

Veesmack sure did a great job with Big Six. That's because he's the real deal making these faces as compared to the ones who think they can make cyberfaces. Check out how good he did it with a photo of Mathewson. It's the clearest one I could find.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I totally used that photo. When I saw how good the resolution of the photograph was, it made it easy to go on with trying it out. I didn't take it too seriously. It still was a challenge which is satiisfying when it all comes together. Sometimes with black and white photos it's a puzzle. What colour are his eyes? I don't know but it's too light to be brown. It could be hazel green or blue I think. I decided on blue. I saw some cards have his yes blues and some brown. It's a fun challenge. then there is also a lack of photos of Matthewon for other angles like the side/profile angle. That is my rule of thumb for knowing a face is done. If I can look at any picture of the player, and move him accordingly in 3D view in Oedit where it always looks like the player than i'm done. I think I finally got that with Mel Ott even though I started on Mel last Sunday night. I like both though because I can tell I've improved on cyberface making. I made over 66 college teams on an old EA PC baskeball game. I had to use black/white photos to make a face. Before the passing of John R. Wooden I made a cyberface for him for my Purdue Boiler Makers team using a black/white photo. I made an Orlando Woolridge face for my Notre Team all time team.

post-15844-057704700 1310830370_thumb.pn

Edit: And pllay by play announcements are done and sound good. You guys can't see that in the preview. It sounds better than I imagined.

post-15844-005628100 1310827634_thumb.pn

post-15844-024284200 1311029590_thumb.pn

I just realized last night MVP '04 has a Rick Helling cyberface. This face cannot be seen in standard resolution in MVP 2005 when imported to models.big

I don't know how I didn't realize before but in the last couple months I didn't notice and he was my closer on my Stanford team. I've been playing my Cal team vs Stanford of course and he never came into the game because the game would crash. For two months I didn't know why. Then Finally the other day, Helling was supposed to come into the game (I was playing the Giants vs Stanford at this point) and I heard his announcement of coming into the game and knew what the problem was. It was because I didn't know he had a cyberface and I acquired him through a default MVP '04 roster conversion for mvp '05 which retained IDs for portraits and faces. I always thought he had a default face. So I went into Oedit and brought Helling back from...the underworld?

here's one of helling i made a few years ago. one of my friends is related to him, so i had to get one made. if you can resurrect any faces from the 04 game, try to get greg vaughn. i could never get a decent one.

Homer, your Rick Helling is great. I try to make the the old MVP faces like their originals. Unfortunately there is no hi res version of the 2004 faces. But Krawhitham has his 2X 2003 faces. I have an XBox copy of MVP '04 to get the 2X faces. But I never got an Xbox or one with the mod to let you look at the files. I never got to use the 2X files. If anybody knows how to do this let me know if I can access it on a computer. I always thought I knew all faces MVP released. Like Vaughn is '03, I dunno why I don't even have on the list. Helling I feel is more forgiving not knowing he's on there. Vaughn, yeah. I'll totally make him from '03. I was planning on definitely doing Edgar Martinez, Robin Ventura, Henderson, Franco and now I'll add Vaughn, too. Even though people can make their own versions including me, I like knowing that these faces were originally in the series. It's all nostalgia for me :)

I wish I knew how to get them off xbox. I know it can be done, so someone knows how. i didn't know he had 2x from 2003. i thought the 2x pack he had was from 05. there must be a gold mine in the 03 ones. i can't wait to see some of those faces. here are some of those that i've made already.

I can't for the life of me find that attachments button for uploads in the messenger. But it's okay. I'm not sure if I want to redo the Tony Lazzeri. I was about to see what I could do and I just didn't want to do it. He had both the downloads I believe. the 2003 faces being hi res and the '04 one side style make the textures a great resource.. I think he just didn't have '04 but did have the modded Xbox. I remember contacting him and he told me there was no way. But that was several years ago.

As for the the '03 ball players, I think I'll work on another this weekend. I can't really do a lot of them quickly. It's a long process that isn't too different than doing a life drawing except using my mouse as my tool. I constantly look back and forth and make adjustments . I hope to get them done though definitely before the season is over.

But I got around to making my first 2011 face. I chose Buster Posey. Thanks a lot, man. I couldn't have done this without you. I haven't done anything in Oedit yet! But the texture took forever because I wanted it to be good first one.

I also made the audio for Buster Posey. If there already is an audio, please let me know. The way Kuiper says Buster doesn't sound right in the tone although it Buster sounds right. I guess it's better than nothing.

post-15844-098946400 1311090300_thumb.pn

I don't think he was too difficult actually. With a face like his, I look for spacial relationship and proportions between different areas of the face. But with him I just started off using a good shape to work with. So far the last three players I've made, I've been able to cut down on time in oedit. I focus solely more time on the texture. Honestly, I think I spent more time on the audio for Buster than I did in Oedit. It sounds better now but doesn't sound perfect. I got Kuiper/Krukow saying Po-See instead of Po-Zee which I noticed and have to fix. I've also decided to do his 2010 hockey mask and catcher gear. Why not? The City's first World Series and making the gear seems more fun.

post-15844-034837900 1311115265_thumb.pn

Archived