Combining Audios Into A Single Dat File

Veesmack

I just figured this out yesterday and I posted directions in a previous thread that got removed. (Support topic & I requested for the updated download to be denied)

I couldn't get started without this thread and Hory's knowledge.

http://www.eamods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5988

His first post shows everything you need to do, but I'd avoid when he said "Extract those four files...then convert with sx to .wav." I instead used the NHL 06 ASF Player. When you press play on an .asf, file in the .dat, the .wav file ends up in the folder that the NHL program is in. Easier and better avoiding those .mus files. (You'll see them later)

When you're done making your own .wav files, make a batch file (w/ sx.exe) and paste...

sx -sndstream -.asf *.wav -mt_blk

It will turn the .wav files into much smaller .asf files. Now you have to use the "Extractor" program. Do remember to back up the .dat file before importing. When you select the file and output folder, click the "+" button and hit start. You'll see the .mus files, which is similar to .asf files. When importing, make sure the .asf file you're importing is smaller/similar/or slightly bigger than the .mus file you're replacing.

I once replaced a 7.58kb file with a 7.83kb, and the .dat file got all messed up. (A bunch of .txt files gets put in there & .mus files vanish) I then used a 7.75kb file to replace the 7.58kb file and it went smoothly. Hit close after importing each one and hit start again to see if they went through smoothly. I don't know the limit but get your backup If it messes up.

If all of your imports went smoothly, you're good to go. Import the .dat file(s) back into MVP and it should work like a charm :)

-You can get the Extractor program in the link above and I found the NHL 06 ASF Player here:

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=26

Hopefully this is understandable to anyone trying to mod these kind of files. :)

Thanks milkmanant, this is all helpful. However, I didn't realize there are so many audios to make for just one team. I think i will stick with faces and player announcements.

No problem man, I was a bit surprised by that also. Hopefully anyone tring to mod this stuff can find this thread. :)

Archived