End Of Season Questions

LoGatto

I don't get to play much but am in Sept schedule and wanted to know what to expect at seasons end for those that have played a few seasons.

1) When roster go back from 40 to 25 does that happen automatically or do you have to do it?

2) Will players retire at the end of the season and if so can this be prevented in any way?

3) If players do retire does it show a list of who does and can they be put back in the game of will the season have to be started over with a updated roster?

Thanks for responding, my 2nd part question was can the retired players be added back into the game some how or will the 2011 season have to be started with a updated roster to have a correct roster..

There has to be a way to stop them from retiring, I hate that feature

All the players will reitre eventually if you play enough seasons, you can't stop that. However, you can use Ty's editor to change the age range of their "Prime" so that it ends later. One of my few complaints is that 2K has the windows way too short - i.e., Justin Verlander's "prime" being from when he's 28 until 30. Seems a bit narrow. That's why you see so many established veterans either on the FA list or bouncing around the minors in their early 30s.

• 4 months later...

At the end of the season players retire but when you look in ty's editor they still show assigned to their teams but they are not visable in the game. As or can anyone figure out how to get them unretired and to show up back in the game.