Skin Tone Problems For 2K12 Players

cammel

I did a little testing on this to see if we could do a work around, made a green skin texture and inserted it one at a time into each texture slot in global- 167,169,174,175,178,185,189,192 After installing it one at a time I started the game and checked

only skintones 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 showed up the green skin and skintone 11 seems to have textures 178, 185, 192

(all dark players) combined.

When I insert Green Skin texture into texture 178 all DarkestSkin (Black Players) appear in-game with green skin. When I insert Green Skin Texture into global texture 185 players with skintone like Adrian Beltre, Pablo Sandoval, Prince Fielder show up with green skin. When I install green skin texture into global texture 192, players like Matt Kemp, Kenley Jansen show up with green skin texture. The problem we have is all of the above players in the RosterEditor show up with the exact skintone of 11.

When trying to correct Darkest players (that gets messed up, when editing in Ty's RosterEditor) adjusting skintones does nothing, because all Black players are combined with the 11 skintone. I found that skintones 1, 3, 5 are mainly white players, while skintone 7 is mainly Asian players, skintone 9 is mainly Hispanic players, and then 11 is all Black players (light, Med, Dark).

We could adjust the global to make maybe skintones 3 or 5 which would be global textures skintone 3-167 texture,

skintone 5-174 texture but then we would have to correct the skintones of those players.

The following is what I found when running my green-skin test:

SkinTone 1 = 169 Global Texture

SkinTone 3 = 167 Global Texture

SkinTone 5 = 174 Global Texture

SkinTone 7 = 175 Global Texture

SkinTone 9 = 189 Global Texture

SkinTone 11= 178, 185, 192 Global Textures

Edited by MissionMaximus

Can't the global be edited, so that we can insert new texture slots?

Yes we can. Like I said we could assign texture 178 (Darkest Black) to either skintone 3(167) or 5 (174). Briefly going through Ty's Editor more players seem to be assigned skintone 3 than 5 with a sample of 38 players assigned either skintone 3 or 5 it came out with 27players with skintone 3 and 11players with skintone 5.

Nah sorry I did not make it clear what I wanted to say.

What we have now is 11 skintone options in the 2k12 editor which do not fit the colors of the game 2k12, because 2k changed the amount of colors from 2k11 to 2k12 and changed some numbers of the slots in the global.iff or where it is located.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to make new numbers in the global.iff so that the old numbers which Ty used for his editor in 2k11 and 2k12 would match again?

Right now we have some numbers in the global.iff that can't be accessed via editor because the editor does not have them band we have some possible numbers in the editor that can't be accessed because the global.iff does not have them. I was wondering if we could recreate those slots which are in the editor.

Your suggestion seems viable but to be honest I do not think this would be a good option since every new roster update you would have to reassing thousands of skin tone numbers again and again.

Edited by wudl83

Nah sorry I did not make it clear what I wanted to say.

What we have now is 11 skintone options in the 2k12 editor which do not fit the colors of the game 2k12, because 2k changed the amount of colors from 2k11 to 2k12 and changed some numbers of the slots in the global.iff or where it is located.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to make new numbers in the global.iff so that the old numbers which Ty used for his editor in 2k11 and 2k12 would match again?

Right now we have some numbers in the global.iff that can't be accessed via editor because the editor does not have them band we have some possible numbers in the editor that can't be accessed because the global.iff does not have them. I was wondering if we could recreate those slots which are in the editor.

Your suggestion seems viable but to be honest I do not think this would be a good option since every new roster update you would have to reassing thousands of skin tone numbers again and again.

Not that I can see. All the Textures from 2k11 Global have been changed, they either are unknown in NBAModTool, a different size as in 256 x 256 textures. The only one the same is texture 178. If only we could get an update with Ty's RosterEditor.

• 1 month later...