Box Score Question

deafvader

Is there a bug in the box scorce info. As i swear the RBI's and Home runs were wrong in my last game.

Do inside the park Home Runs count as a proper Home Run. I think Rayburn had 4 hr but box score only had 3 hr for him.

From the UK so don't know much about the game rules. I am getting educated though as i've been watching Ken Burn's Baseball Series. So forgive my ingorance.

By MLB scoring rules, an inside the park HR officially counts as a HR as long as there were no throwing or fielding errors made prior to the batter crossing the plate. If it wasn't scored as a HR and there were no errors made, then that would be a bug in the game's scoring system. (2K would need to be made aware of the issue.)

And Ken Burn's Baseball documentary is excellent. Unfortunately, it also gets a bit long-winded during certain portions. I've never actually watched the entire series. I usually grow weary of the early years by the time it reaches the WWII era and end up skipping ahead to more modern-day stuff.

You're right, I kept looking at the gametrack option troughout my last game and noticed the fielding errors.

I'm not sure but i think the commentary gets it wrong plus they get included in the HR pop up in the top corner. I think that's

why i was getting confused.

Was always interested to know more about the history of baseball and was glad when i heared about the Ken Burn documentaries,

he does tend to wax lyrical but i'm enjoying them. I've seen 6 so far. I'm suprised they havn't done something like the NFL Americas Game for the Baseball World Series Games.

Thanks for the info. I hope a patch comes out soon, just i getting fed up of fielders just standing there holding ball and throwing

too late. I swear there thinking why have i got the ball.

Update: Don't have a mammoth game, box scores can't handle anything past 7 runs or 15 RBI's. I think there limits on the rest aswell.

Box score during the game will keeps count fine but as soon as it goes to the schedule page any extra gets wiped out.

Also just now it would not let me look at any box scores for my the previous games on the schedule.

Box Scores handled my team's 26-0 spanking of its opposition just fine. Here's a peak...

post-97781-0-82238200-1334293505_thumb.j

I had a 'mammoth' My Player game. Every time I came up, there were runners on, and I didn't fail to bring 'em home. I parked two 3-run bombs and a Grand Slam that game. Two of the opposing pitchers saw their ERAs hit 20+ LOL

Now, I did have 15 RBIs and did score 7 runs, so I don't know if it'll go beyond that for individuals. I know it works fine for team totals at the bottom of the box score, though. So, I'd have to guess you actually did better than I did to get more than 15 RBIs and 7 runs scored, so congrats on that!

P.S. How the Hell Wuertz managed to convince the scorer to give him a Save when we were leading by 26 runs, I'll never know.

Edited by RazberyBandit

As i play against my self the runs and rbi's can mount up if i have a good hitting game. At least 2 of the players yesterday had 9 runs

which was displayed fine during the game. But as i said it's get wiped out when it goes back to the schedule.

It's not a problem, but i can't see how some of the team records can be broken if there is a limit. Highscores in baseball, i'm sure

i'm breaking some baseball law somewhere. I'm English so I'm not sure what the highest recorded score is in a game.

I know game 6 of the world series last year seemed high to other games i've seen.

Well, I just had a sicker game than before and you're absolutely correct, but it only applies after the game is over. While a game is being played, the box score has no limitations. After a game is done and you go back to look at the Box Score on the Schedule screen, the problems you've cited will occur.

I had a 19-RBI game, and during the game the Box Score worked fine. After the game I went back and checked the Box Score again, and it was indeed capped at 15-RBIs. I only scored 7 times, though. Getting another at-bat and scoring would have required some luck, but we also would have needed to be the road team, not the home team.

Update: deafvader, I've added this bug to my running list on 2K's forum in their "Feedback Thread (For Future Patch)" thread. It's my #30 complaint on the 2nd page of my list, post #345 here: https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3644118&postcount=345

My first list, post 306, reached the forum's 10K character list: https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3642482&postcount=306

If you read over them, you'll see I've got quite a few minor and a few major issues listed. So does a user named "kevdood" on the very first page of that thread. Honestly, with all the valid complaints found within that thread, it truly amazes me how this game managed to get beyond an internal alpha or beta testing stage. I mean, who the Hell was testing it, 4-year-olds?

From what i've read in a lot of forums, 2K don't seem to be given any kind of support for this title unless i've missed something.

Yet i noticed how quick a patch came out for NBA 2K12.

I'm not too bothered by this bug or program limit, if i was playing the game on the harder difficulty settings i wouldn't get these

kind of scores. But the fielding bugs where they just stand there or the best one i saw was a player was going to throw then kept changing his mind about 3 times. Need to be fixed.

Plus i don't if i've got camera settings wrong but on replays if a player slides into a base you don't see it half the time because the camera is on the ball.

Here are the limits i've seen. AB 15 RUNS 7 HITS 15 RBI 15 HR might be 7. Not sure about 2B and 3B. I'll update if i go past 7

on those.

LOL. Fielding bugs are hilarious sometimes. I saw a great one, but forgot to record it as a replay.

I had runners on 1st and 2nd and nailed a sharp grounder up the middle. The runners broke and the 2nd-baseman dove and got the ball. He quick-flipped it to the SS to try and start a double-play, but the SS stopped just short of the bag and stood there, holding the ball, apparently amazed the 2nd-baseman made the stop and threw him the ball... Everyone was safe. I stopped and just laughed for a solid minute watching the SS turn his head from side-to-side in the replay. I really wish I had saved that one...

Lemme attach a couple good ones I did save here. Unzip them, pop 'em into your MLB2K12 Saves folder, and use the Load function to view them.

Saved Replays.rar

Thanks. I'll check them out. Wish i saved some of mine. Didn't know you could do it.

Is it me, but does anybody think the save folder is in a daft place. I mean why put it in a system directory that is normally hidden.

On my XP i have added a hidden files toggle so i switch back and for. I didn't it would be a pain in the ****.

It's not the fault of software programmers that AppData (or Application Data on XP) is a hidden folder -- that was Microsoft's doing.

To save replays, you can either push F2 on the keyboard or push in on the Left-Stick on your controller. (I use a controller.)

I think to use the keyboard and F2, you have to initially bring up the replay using the keyboard (ESC key) to open the Nav Menu, then you can click Replay with the mouse. I'm not sure how to actually control replays using a keyboard, though... I only know how to save them.