Mlb 2K12 Startup Screen Freezing (Including A Workaround)

wudl83

Unfortunately, I have tried re installing the game (to make sure all add-ons were gone), saving my season stuff to back-up and clearing it out in case it was some type of corruption in the saves, and tried the date trick (including multiple dates etc), and I still freeze with Justin on the screen. Any others having this happen and any other possible work arounds?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I have tried re installing the game (to make sure all add-ons were gone), saving my season stuff to back-up and clearing it out in case it was some type of corruption in the saves, and tried the date trick (including multiple dates etc), and I still freeze with Justin on the screen. Any others having this happen and any other possible work arounds?

It works for me. Just set your computer date back to October 3rd and you should be good to go.

I just wonder if we'll have to do this every time we play it from now on!!!

Did you tried September 26th ? Works always fine for me

It works for me. Just set your computer date back to October 3rd and you should be good to go.

I just wonder if we'll have to do this every time we play it from now on!!!

Already tried that and it still froze.However, when I went into my MLB 2k12 folder and put my exe file into compatabilty mode for Vista service pack two, it now loads past it with season intact. Gonna reapply my mods and hope for the best.

The bottom line is, we shouldn't have to be doing any of this if 2K Sports took care of their customers!!!

I get that, and have to heartily agree. However, I would say that they would get that message more readily if the sentiment and rants about their failures was posted on their forums.

I did find a utility to help make the date change work around as painless and simple as possible: beyondo.

http://bluefive.pair.com/beyondo.htm

It changes the current system date to a specified date for a temporary period of time, then automatically changes it back to the current date (be careful around midnight though). So you can set it for 10/3/2012 (last day of regular season play, which works for me) and set it to restore the real date after 2 minutes, then start 2K12.

This minimizes the disruption of backdating your system time on your log files, file creation, etc. It also prevents accidentally forgetting to change the clock back, if you do it manually.

Hope this makes things easier for all of you until 2K Sports gets off of their duffs and fixes this!

Well this program will do the job. I set mine to revert back to the "real" time in 2 minutes.

That's perfect. It gives the game time to start all of the stuff up. Then by the time it reverts back to the real time the game is up and running. Plus, this way once it converts back to the real time it isn't running in the background. It will completely close itself out. :good:

I took things a step further and created a batch (.bat) file to automatically change my system date when I launch MLB 2K12. The fix isn't exactly for the faint of heart, but it's really not that hard if you're relatively comfortable with Windows.

http://pcgamesbeat.b...und.html#update

I feel like it's a little more elegant than running a separate utility to change the system date and doesn't involve downloading anything. Then again, I spent a couple of hours getting it running so that I wouldn't need to spend 10 seconds changing the date every time I start 2K12.

I basically trial-and-errored my way through the creation process this afternoon, so there's no guarantee this will work out of the box for your system. Still, I figured I would post it.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried to start MLB 2k12 some minutes ago and it kept freezing after the startup screen (you know, when all those loading messages come up and the Verlander pic is in the background). After those loading messages there came nothing more. I remembered the problem we had earlier in the season (I think it was the time at the allstar break) where we had this crush happening.

I tried the same today, I changed the system date of my Win 7 to one day back. And guess...yeah, it works again. Seems that everytime when NO game happens in real life MLB the game freezes/crashes, whatever. The 4th of October is the first day after the last regular season games and the game crashes/freezes. Quite annoying, but easy fixable at least.

Are you saying change the calender date at the botom right corner of the Windows desktop? I tried that. Changed it to yesterday and then to a month ago and neither one worked. I am using Windows XP Pro.

everything went to hell for me last night LOL guys i went as far to change CD rom drives , dont ask why i did not check MVPMODS first i think i did but i was a quick glance because i was in panic mode . Im just glad i did not reinstall windows because i had the disk in and i was a click away on reboot :) anyways i guess i just have to change the date back NP then to the right date after i load it up , i keep the game loaded anyways for the day and just play games off and on while i do my thing . Jesus this is not right tho they should of gave ya a damn option to not have the stupid feature anyways .

another thing looks like were stuck with this game . I believe they might fix something because if someone buys the old game and people will because its the most modern game out for the pc they will be returning it to every distributor .im glad 2ksports is not making this game anymore even tho when you put everything together mods and you figure out a good slider setting the game is the best out there in my eyes . I believe MVP players will be moving over to this game if they have not already once people can dig deeper modding it .

Try it now guys it looks like they fixed the problem because the date stays on 11/6 now since that day and have not moved ahead . Maybe i just glitched into fixing it or something but all is good now .One thing i did was re-install and turn off the two options of living roster and updates . maybe that's what did it , not sure

• 1 month later...