Mvp Edit Won't Load Rosters

sdhoover1115

What rosters are you trying to import?

Hey Jim825,

I have been trying to debug the Nippon/Asia Mod, it is a fantastic mod but 3 teams do not work. I cant figure out why. When ever the game starts to load an exibition game or any other mode MVP shuts down. So i know its not a stadium issue because i checked. So i think its a roster issue, but i can open the entire roster in the game and edit all the players with no problems.

So then i thought maybe it was a portrait issue or face issue. So i finally got them into mvpedit using an older version of mod changed all of the player pictures to 0 and all of the faces to 908 and reuploaded it. But it still crashes. I have no clue in which direction to go next this mod is 99% done i just need to get these 3 teams fixed and it will be PERFECT. Any suggestions we be great. By the way your total conversion mods are incredibile.

Thank You,

Seth

Did you run the "Tools->Check for Errors" option on the MVPEdit menubar? That will point out whether a batting order or pitching rotation is incomplete, both of which can cause crashes. Also, go to the Roster->Manager tab and look at the faces assigned to the managers of the teams that crash. If these faces are missing from your models.big file, it will also cause crashes.

Your batting assignments for the #1 pitchers could be the culprit. Try going into the roster.dat file and modifying all of the SP1 pitchers' batting assignments for vs. the NL.

What you do is open it in WordPad. It looks something like this:

000000017,0 00b87d5f5,1 0fff0da1f,2 SP1,3 -1,4 SP1,5 9,6 SP1,7 -1,8 SP1,9 9,;

What happens is that sometimes people move the #1 pitcher out of the slot instead of putting someone there or simply clearing the rotation, it assigns a (-1) as if it is for an AL batting order.

You correct this while in WordPad; select the "replace" command and input SP1,5 -1. Replace it with SP1,5 9. Simply do the same for the SP1,9 slot. Make sure all of your commas and spaces are the same.

• 1 year later...

Clear the pitching rotation and re-do it.

I tried this solution but when I try to put the pitcher back into the rotation it says "this player is not a pitcher" and the pitcher tab from PRJMVP is missing when pitchers are highlighted. Like where it says Player, Appearance, Hitting Vs. L, Hitting Vs. R -- there is normally one that says pitcher... but it is gone.

Under the check for errors query I get "does not have 6 pitchers" for several teams.

Edited by hal_2604