Mvp '05 For Sale?

rdeftones

Hey folks. Long time MVP Mods fan here looking to get back into the game. Anyone have any tips/hints tracking down a copy of this game? The Amazon / Ebay market seems kind of....shady. I've hit up quite a few used game shops here in Chicago to no avail. Most don't carry a big pc game inventory.

I've ripped up my apartment and my parents house looking for my discs and my old rig is long gone! My buddy heard about my plight and said he could find me a copy easily. Turns out the discs are not legitimate and his instructions to get to game to load are a little over my head. I don't want to deal with all if that, I just want to play and use the great mods like I used to do.

I'd imagine no one here is willing to part with their copy but if you are or know someone willing to sell for a reasonable price, let me know.

My decision to choose Xbox One for Halo over PS4 for the Show is really coming in to question here lol. Even still, I prefer to play MVP. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks guys,

Ryan

Couple of quick comments.

What makes you think getting this game from Amazon or eBay is shady?

Your friend will be doing you no favors if he can hook you up with a pirated version of this game. This version of the game may look like Mvp 2005 and play like it but once you start installing mods on it then you are going to have issues because there will be compatibility problems. Besides, if you have a pirated version you get no help in here. Remember that.

As for finding the game, good luck. Check in the buy and sell area on this site to see if someone is selling one. And as far as eBay goes there have been a lot of people who have purchased this game from there and have had no problem.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

@Yankee4Life - Some of the Amazon and EBay listings are either missing the proper discs or lack pictures of the actual items so I question the condition they are in. And some of the price points are more than I value the game. Heck, if I knew people fetching 80 bucks for their copies I would've kept mine lock n' key lol. There are a couple ok posts that aren't too exorbited on eBay and it's reassuring to hear people had legitimate transactions. I'll have to keep an open mind.

Wow, I didn't there was Buy/Sell section in the forum. I would've posted this in there had I known. I will have to check that out. I like the idea of finding a seller from a community that respects the game as it might be kept in better condition.

I have no intention of using the illegitimate copy. I remember reading tons of messages of people having issues back in the day. I want none of that. Instead, I've been playing the PS2 version the last month and...just...can't anymore. If for nothing more than a fresh soundtrack! I play the hitting mini game a lot...so the songs are burned in my head (ONE TWO THREE FOOOUR!).

@jroh: I'll check the boards and pm ya!