Anaheim Stadium - The Protest Version...The work ends!

HaloFan

Focus on the positive Halofan, make the stadium with the new scoreboards and such, but just take out anything that mentions/endorses nasty L.A. I hate what he did too, but it's not the players fault. which is why I still root for THEM (although, I know, indirectly it means I'm rooting for arte) :roll:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can understand why you want to take out the LA Times ad...ok, but why put in stuff like "saveanaheimangels.com" or that little yellow Bush (i think that's what it is, or someone else you hate) w/ a crown logo everywhere....does it really make you feel better?

the fact that you're putting that website and other political ads in seems to me that you are not doing it because that's what you would want for yourself, but because you are preaching your politics to people who download the stadium, and those who simply want to enjoy a more realistic rendition of Angels Stadium than EA offers..

You either represent the place you play, or you get the hell out. That's how I see it. I'd be very proud to root for the Anaheim Athletics, but I will NEVER support the Los Angeles Angels.

What? The A's play in Oakland... and Oakland is not in Anehiem.

If you don't root for them then why are you making their stadium in the first place, the LA Angels are in the game. It may say Anaheim in game, but those are your beloved Anaheim Angels.

At least your team exists... Cleveland lived without the Browns for 5 years while Model ran off to Baltimore, when the team leaves then cry me a river, but for now spare us your sorrow.

If it wasn't for your LA Market in SoCal the Anaheim Angels would be a west coast version of the Pirates and Royals, be glad you have LA because their money, more than any other, funds that team.

What? The A's play in Oakland... and Oakland is not in Anehiem.

If you don't root for them then why are you making their stadium in the first place, the LA Angels are in the game. It may say Anaheim in game, but those are your beloved Anaheim Angels.

At least your team exists... Cleveland lived without the Browns for 5 years while Model ran off to Baltimore, when the team leaves then cry me a river, but for now spare us your sorrow.

If it wasn't for your LA Market in SoCal the Anaheim Angels would be a west coast version of the Pirates and Royals, be glad you have LA because their money, more than any other, funds that team.

My reference to the Anaheim Athletics was if the A's were to move down here after we get Moreno's team out. It was an example to show that I'd root for another team were they to move here long before I'd root for a Los Angeles team. Kick out the Angels, and there would be plenty of interest in coming here, including the A's.

Second, Cleveland never lost the Browns. You may not have had a team for a few years, but you never lost the name. The team never became the Baltimore Browns. They left, but you got to keep the name.

Finally, I never had a problem rooting for the Angels before Moreno, regardless of the payroll, and regardless of their record. Orange County has 3 million people, we don't need LA for anything. This area on it's own is a large enough market to sustain a major league team. It's LARGER than San Diego, larger than Cincinnati, larger than Milwaukee, larger than KC, larger than Pittsburgh, and larger than St. Louis.

Last time I checked, St. Louis didn't have much of a problem carrying a decent payroll, and their market has nearly 400,000 less people than Orange County. And hey, get this, we even have more people than your precious Cleveland! Even Baltimore has fewer people than we do, yet all of these areas should get to have their cities on their team?

You don't seem to get it, if they represent LA, then they don't represent Orange County and should leave. I want them out so we can get another team, just like Cleveland got with the new Browns. Having them stay is far worse than leaving. You just got married, correct? How would you feel if all of a sudden your wife told you that she didn't want to be married you anymore, but still wanted to live in your house?

That's the boat we're in right now. We can't move on with a new team because we have this ingrate living in our house. Moreno is leaving, he's already stated he's talking to other cities. I don't want to wait for him to make the choice. Kick him out now and invite the A's, or someone else.

Why do you keep referring to Orange County? Would it be ok to call the team the Laguna Beach Angels? That's still not LA but also in Orange County, and certainly alot nicer than Anaheim is.

Edit:

Also, I do have to appreciate the VERY high quality stadiums you have made in the past though, your attention to detail is outstanding. Just I disagree with you on this issue.

i can understand why you want to take out the LA Times ad...ok, but why put in stuff like "saveanaheimangels.com" or that little yellow Bush (i think that's what it is, or someone else you hate) w/ a crown logo everywhere....does it really make you feel better?

the fact that you're putting that website and other political ads in seems to me that you are not doing it because that's what you would want for yourself, but because you are preaching your politics to people who download the stadium, and those who simply want to enjoy a more realistic rendition of Angels Stadium than EA offers..

That ad with the crown is for Paul's TV, the king of Big Screens. It was a real ad from last season.

Like I said, if you don't like what I'm going to do, don't use it. Make your own for all I care, but since you don't even know who the king of big screens is, I seriously doubt you'd have the knowhow to even attempt it. You'd probably end up putting an out of place Lord Of The Rings ad in there or something.

But don't try and dictate to me how the hell I should make my mod. And don't try to knock it's realism, as it will still turn out more realistic than just about any other mod out there.

Why don't you all quit bashing Halofan and let him make the mod however the hell he feels like making it? Seriously, no matter what he does I think we can all agree it will be a hell of a lot better than EA's version. I've been using his stadiums going all the way back to HH2002. The guy does great work, just leave him alone and let him do it. Let's not **** off one of the few guys left who are still willing to work on a stadium mod.

Oh, and Pirate... the Browns were only gone for 3 years, not 5.

Why do you keep referring to Orange County? Would it be ok to call the team the Laguna Beach Angels? That's still not LA but also in Orange County, and certainly alot nicer than Anaheim is.

Edit:

Also, I do have to appreciate the VERY high quality stadiums you have made in the past though, your attention to detail is outstanding. Just I disagree with you on this issue.

Laguna Beach would be far less objectionable than LA, but it wouldn't really represent where the team plays very well. They play in Anaheim, which is located in Orange County, which is located in California. I bring up Orange County because people like to discuss the "metro" areas when they talk about other cities. Orange County in this case represent's Anaheim's metro area.

Those cities I listed above, they're not much bigger than Anaheim. For instance, here's the actual population of several big league cities that get to have teams with their name on them:

Oakland: 399,484

Pittsburgh: 334,563

St. Louis: 348,189

Kansas City: 441,545

Tampa: 303,447

Cincinnati: 331,285

Cleveland: 478,403

And Anaheim: 328,014

Again, these are just the city population, and you'll see that yes, Anaheim is right near the bottom, but not too far from Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis. I left out cities that don't have their name on a team like Miami, Arlington, and St. Petersberg.

Now take a look at the Metro areas for those and other teams:

Oakland Metro: 2,392,557 (7.1 million in Bay area)

Pittsburgh Metro: 2,358,695

St. Louis Metro: 2,603,607

Kansas City Metro: 1,843,550

Tampa Bay Metro: 2,320,181

Cincinnati Metro: 1,672,866

Cleveland Metro: 2,944,275

Miami Metro: 2,122,503

Phoenix Metro: 3,389,260 (5.1 million in Arizona)

Denver Metro: 2,400,000 (4,550,688 in Colorado)

Baltimore Metro: 2,616,000 (7.6 million in Baltimore/DC)

Milwaukee Metro: 1,500,000 (5,472,299 in Wisconsin)

Minneapolis Metro: 2,968,806 (4,919,479 in Minnesota)

Atlanta Metro: 4,464,200

Dallas Metro: 5,484,061

San Francisco Metro: 1,731,183 (7.1 million in Bay area)

San Diego Metro: 2,930,886

Anaheim Metro (Orange County): 2,957,766 (16,373,645 in the area)

Going by this list, Orange County more than holds its own without the rest of the market. These other teams get their name on their teams, or their state, but we down here in Orange County get neither. Anyone that says that Anaheim is too small should look in the mirror...or at least at this list.

What Orange County needs, and deserves is its own protected media market, one that doesn't have to compete against LA on the airwaves. San Diego has it's own, and they're smaller. We deserve our own too.

I'm not an Angels fan, but my only beef with how this name change is implemented is this: if the team wants the ridiculous name "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim," then the commentators and newspapers and websites should use the whole thing. The abbreviation shouldn't be LAA, it should be LAAA or LAAoA. Yeah, that's really stupid, but that's what they changed it to!

I'm not an Angels fan, but my only beef with how this name change is implemented is this: if the team wants the ridiculous name "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim," then the commentators and newspapers and websites should use the whole thing. The abbreviation shouldn't be LAA, it should be LAAA or LAAoA. Yeah, that's really stupid, but that's what they changed it to!

Perhaps the second A in LAA stands for "Anaheim", who knows

You just got married, correct? How would you feel if all of a sudden your wife told you that she didn't want to be married you anymore, but still wanted to live in your house?

Not quite Jack ***.

This is ******* baseball team, if you don't rememer these are the same guys that played for your Angel team last year. And the players make the team.

The Browns left, we don't have the palyers that were here then, they all left left us with NOTHING!

We did not want them to leave like you want your team to leave. We are so far behind because of the move.

You are horribly wrong in you assumptions about the Browns.

You still have your team.

I don't get it, it is nothing like having a wife divorce you and continue to move in, you are taking this way to serious and have gone too far with it.

Baseball asshole not personal life, if you think that it is a fair comparison, it's time to get a wife of your own and reorganize your priorities.

YOU ARE A ******* COOK! LOSER!

You want to get personal come up to my beloved Cleveland and I will show a personal piece of my fist-asshole.

Done.

another thing, the reason why the Angels changed its name probably partly has to do with the fact that a large portion of the fanbase comes from Los Angeles. I just looked at the map of LA and Anaheim, and the region is basically one big metropolitan area composed of LA and a bunch of smaller cities interconnected to each other. On a business stand point, giving the team the LA name will possibly increase their revenue.

Were you complaining back when it was the California Angels?

another thing, the reason why the Angels changed its name probably partly has to do with the fact that a large portion of the fanbase comes from Los Angeles. I just looked at the map of LA and Anaheim, and the region is basically one big metropolitan area composed of LA and a bunch of smaller cities interconnected to each other. On a business stand point, giving the team the LA name will possibly increase their revenue.

Were you complaining back when it was the California Angels?

Once again, someone who really has no idea about the team. between 65% and 75% of the fan base lives in Orange County. Another 10% come from Riverside and San Bernadino. That leaves at most 25% of the fans live in Los Angeles County.

People in Orange County do not like being referred to as LA. If the VAST majority of your fan base is against this association, it will not increase revenue. You can go to the other thread if you really want to see more reasons why this not only won't increase revenue, but will erode the fan base and screw up the long term viability of the franchise.

You don't live here, so you don't know. You didn't spend 7 years getting to know the fans, learning the patterns, and you didn't see all of this fail 11 years ago when the L.A. Rams left. You also haven't seen that nobody in Orange County really cares that the Rams left. And that's the problem, because Moreno didn't see all of this either.

Finally, I live in California, the California Angels name was not insulting to Orange County. But again, it's something Moreno has no clue about because he said he wanted the LA name because it was unique, despite the fact that another team already wears it, while nobody wears the California name.

As for you pirate, you're right about one thing, and that is I need to reorder my priorities. What you are wrong about is the Anaheim Angels were my personal life. The Anaheim Angels were my job. The Anaheim Angels were my LIFE for 7 freaking years! What else would you call it when you spend the time from when you wake up in the morning til the time you go to bed at night either at the stadium, on your way to th stadium, or hanging out with your friends who also happen to be from the stadium, what else would you call it?

Beyond that, if the players make the team, then you should be a Baltimore Ravens fan, plain and simple. Players are a part of the team, and actually are a rather disposable one. Players come and players go, this is the age of free agency. If you pin the identity of the team to who happens to be wearing the uniform, then you're going to be disappointed quite often.

It's not the players that make the team, obviously by you getting so upset by the Browns leaving it's not just the players, because your Browns were still playing the next year, correct? They were the same team, weren't they? They just happened to play for Baltimore instead of Cleveland.

The team is the fans, it's the city, it's the name. Those things aren't supposed to change, and when they do, everything else changes with it. You saw it with the Browns. The only difference here is that Moreno is squatting here, while also bad mouthing the town and classifying the stadium as being old.

I don't want the Anaheim Angels to leave, I want them back. But the Anaheim Angels are not the same team as the Los Angeles Angels. The Los Angeles Angels disn't win the 2002 World Series, the Anaheim Angels did. I do want the Los Angeles Angels out of here, if it means losing the whole team, so be it. If it means Moreno changes the name back like he should, great. If it means he sells the team to someone else, even better.

But we can't have an Anaheim team until the LA team leaves in some way.

BTW pirate, aren't you abandoning Cleveland just like Modell? Wouldn't I have to go to Arizona to get that piece of fist? I'm planning a road trip for the summer, let me know which one and I'll make sure to come by and meet that fist of yours.

Why do people still act like the Cleveland Browns are the only team to ever pack up and move?

They are the only team ever to leave their name, uniforms, colors, and history behind. They were gone 3 years, and shortly after they left it was announced a new team would take their place. No other city got that kind of special treatment. So why are people still crying about it? You still have your team. They suck, but they're still the Cleveland Browns.

Yeah abandoning Cleveland is exactly what I am doing, I living my life outside of my sports affiliation. I willwatch the Browns on TV and follow the Dbacks and Pirates on MLB.tv but my affiliations run true, and you better believe I rooted for Matt Stover, and Eric Turner and Earnest Byner, and Eric Zeir and Vinny Interseptaverde, I had nobody else to root for. But I was not a fan of Art Model, but I never gave up on the team, until we got one back.

Phoenix Cleveland Anahiem whatever you were out of line and deserve an *** whooping.

Not according to the Associated Press, ESPN, CBS Sportsline, or most of the major sports sites on the internet. The Anaheim name also appears nowhere in the USA Today, or in most major newspapers. It's been tacked on at the end and is being dropped off by everyone.

It's Moreno's attempt at complying to the legal agreement he has with the city, not an homage to the place they're supposed to call home. Hopefully the courts will see through his smokescreen and make him do what he's far too stupid to do on his own.

OCR1.jpg

Despite the occassional distractions, work continues on this project. I know I mentioned before that I would start with the night version, but the day version has been going so quickly, that I figured I might as well complete that. It's been very easy to find verticies to use as you can see above I have a mess I need to clean up wth extras.

You'll also notice I've put up the Orange County Register ad. It looks better in the game than it does in the screenshot. I've also finished the out of town scoreboard and the ads on the right field wall. I need to resize them, and maybe change the verticies used, but the artwork is done. There's also a banner in right celebrating Anaheim's 2004 A.L. West title, along with California's '79, '82, and '86 West crowns. I don't know if it's going to stay there the whole year, or if it was just something for the first homestand.

RF1.jpg

And here's the first look at the Left Field area. I've put in a much better looking copy of the office building out there, as well as the scoreboard. I've gotten rid of the Blinds effect on the ads here and in right as apparantly these are all perm ads now (meaning no rotating ads, or different ads at night). The scoreboard is pretty much the same as last year, other than the Verizon ad, which covers up the framework that was visible last year, and actually hangs below the roof and over the side.

I've also put back in the actual buildings that are over there, and the championship flags. It's small, but there's a Taco Bell ad in the LF corner. I still need to put in the bullpen ads, and the ads on the center field wall. Finally, you might have noticed the crowd stands out a bit more than before. I've managed to give it something of the sea of red effect.

There's still a lot of work to be done, but the outfield is finally starting to take shape.

Archived