Total Classics : Phase 2 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok

-62 Angels problem has been fixed.

-65 Indians Uniforms have been added(not the actual 1965 uniform they wore, but close enough)

-still working on the mini game batting problem.

-the wierd faces i read Laotzu getting, name some players where there faces are messed up so i can check it out.

- If there are any more teams that crash to desktop, please let us know. Can anyone possibly check each team? (pick 2 teams, and see if it loads to the game, and then pick another 2 teams and so on).

Just played a full game against the 27 Yankees and i didnt notice a single wierd face.

My advice to thosee getting the wierd faces --

1) download TC again

2) install TC using the installer, but then copy the models.big from the lib folder into your mvp 2005data folder and uniforms.big from the lib folder into your mvp2004datafrontend folder.

that means -- install using the install then manually Copy over those 2 files.

I dont have any crashing probs to report, although I have not used any of the teams mentioned above. Will play some tomorrow after work and will report

any issues.................

I did notice a few player issues on the 69 Cubbies:

1) Ernie Banks is in as a white guy who is called Bryan or Ryan by the announcers and pa guy (something like that). His name on the lineup and

player card says Ernie

2) Randy Hundley is called "Todd Hundley" by the announcers and stadium pa

Fuzz, I see the distorted faces as well. I only noticed it in one game. It was the 73 Mets vs. One of the Pirates Teams. Tom Seaver had the distorted face in the first inning, but not later on. The Pirates pitcher had it in the second. The rightfielder for the Mets had it in the 2nd as well. I also notice for me it comes up most prominently when the pitcher is on the mound, or on the big screen. I haven't seen it during a batter walkup yet. All other games I played seemed to be fine. It was played in Shea Stadium if that helps. I've played with the 86, 84, & 2000 Mets, & the 55 Dodgers, as well as some Yankee teams, with no other face distortion problems.

One more question. Will future updates of Total Classics have an entire installer, or will they only update inside of the models.big, uniforms.big, etc. For example:

I am currently changing player faces, stances, adding players to teams with 22 players, adding uniforms, updating stats, adding newly downloaded player faces, and possibly even updating some logos. Will the next version overwrite the entire models.big, and roster files, or only add new teams to the existing ones? If it would overwrite everything I did between this release and the next, I will hold off on doing any updates.

Thanks again for this great mod!!!

The misquotes on the names by the announcer was a conscious decision to apply an audio ID to the player that closely represents the oldtimer. So you will hear anomalies like that from time to time...also, the incorrect portrait will display for the player.

If this annoys anyone, just make the audio ID "0" in MVPEDIT and re-export the teams.

Not sure if phase II will continue this practice or assign the correct portrait to the oldtime players which means no audio saying the name for 99% of them.

C

I keep my total classics on a completely sepearte drive than MVP 2005(even gave it a different .exe icon). For that reason, I can wipe out the portrait.big that came with the game (removing all players that aren't in total classics), and then assign portraits using the extras with no audio that Hory uses for minor leaguers. I plan on doing this in the coming weeks. If Fuzz or anyone from Total Classics is interested, I could send you this portrait.big, including my .met file with the updated portrait IDs so you guys could upload it. Just let me know.

To Switch Back to What You had Installed Before Total Classics:

-goto the total classics install folder.

-You'll notice a backup folder

-inside you'll notice DAT FILES --> those go in your mvp 2005datadatabase folder

you'll notice LOC FILES --> those go in your mvp 2005data folder

you'll notice Models.big --> that goes in your mvp 2005data folder

you'll notice BKGNDS.big, Logos.Big,Portrait.big and uniform.big --> those go into your mvp 2005datafront end folder.

that's it. If you want to use total classics, just reinstall it using the installer.

Ya, so I did that, except for the BKGNDS.big because it wasn't in the backup folder, and I still have all of the classic teams in my game.

What do I gotta do???

ok, now that is very clear to follow. thanks,

Now, another Q:

If i have added uniforms to the Classic "uniform.big" and "models.big" files with MVP Studio (I added the 90 Reds unis to simulate the 77 Reds uniforms and also one other new uniform); would I make a backup of my updated "classic" models.big and uniforms.big files so that I have the uniforms that I've installed after the original Classic install? Because they would get erased once I do a re-install of TC each time correct?

Hope that wasn't too confusing of a question.. lol

I understand what you are asking. The answer is Yes. If you've added uniforms to the Total Classics uniform.big and models.big file, the next time that you install Total Classics, it will overwrite these two files and you will no longer have the uniforms you added.

As you suggest, the best way to save your changes is to back up these two files someplace and then after re-installing Total Classics, you can copy your modified uniform.big and models.big on top of the installed versions. The uniforms you added will not show up again.

Now I'm not even sure if I did something wrong or not, because I first thought that the backup folder was the lib folder included in the download. But now, I don't even see a backup folder and wouldn't even know where to look.

Could someone help me out??

I'm working on an Ernie Banks but it was on the back burner. I'll try to get at least a rough version ready for my first classic face pack release this week.

If we're voting, I love it when you see the actual portrait of the real player, I don't care if the stadium announcer says teh guy's name at all. I'd rather he said nothing than said some totally different name. Although either way it's like playing baseball in a Fellini film.

Ok, finally did the installation correctly, and I got the backup folder, however, after I replaced all of the files back to normal, but, the Classics are still in the game.

Should I re-install?? And if I do, will I lose my dynasty/owner modes???

Fuzz/Don,

For some reason my reply email to you from Fuzz's note bounced back from aol servers this morning. Here is what I wrote:

I went in and changed all the faces to say YES to 2004 face and then re-exported.

No crashes for 65 Indians. I checked to make sure all were valid face numbers and

they were. Not sure what others are seeing, but with this change it plays fine

for Indians.

C

Ok, finally did the installation correctly, and I got the backup folder, however, after I replaced all of the files back to normal, but, the Classics are still in the game.

Should I re-install?? And if I do, will I lose my dynasty/owner modes???

Have you tried loading your dynasty like normal? I installed TC, played a few games...and then I wanted to go back and play a few games of my MLB Angel dyansty...so I just loaded it up and it was perfectly fine. However, the names of the AAA Teams were the classic Teams, but all the real AAA players were still current players. I didn't mind the Team names because it didn't affect the MLB teams.

BUT, I did lose all the uniform add-ons i've installed for my MLB dynasty, but that was easily solved my replacing the models.big files and the uniform.big file that i had backed up before installing TC. Once I did that, all my new uniforms, accessories were back in.

so, i think your dynasty save is still perfectly fine. Try loading it and see.

I'm working on an Ernie Banks but it was on the back burner. I'll try to get at least a rough version ready for my first classic face pack release this week.

If we're voting, I love it when you see the actual portrait of the real player, I don't care if the stadium announcer says teh guy's name at all. I'd rather he said nothing than said some totally different name. Although either way it's like playing baseball in a Fellini film.

I too would rather have the PA be silent and not announce a fake name. I'd rather have the protraits correct then have "Joe Schmoe" announced as Joe Dimaggio walks up to the plate. :p

if u want AAA/AA names the way it's supposed to be before total classics, take the LOC FILES from the backup folder and place them in MVP 2005data folder.

Yeah, that definitely didnt work.

Edit-It kinda worked, the names are back like in the standings screen, but how can I change the logos back??

Archived