Total Classics : Phase 2 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

Hey Fuzz:

Havin a problem with TC 2 install.

I have two separate directories for MVP 2005 (real MLB) and MVP Classics (TC Mod). Then I have two different icons/shortcuts on my desktop to each of the .exe files in those two directories. Phase 1 works fine. BUT, when I start your installation program for Phase 2 where it asks me to select my MVP 2005 folder, I select the MVP Classics folder (because that's where I want to keep all my TC mod phases and such) it says "This is not your MVP 2005 folder".

True, but I don't want to install it to my 2005 folder, because I don't want to put anything TC there.

how do I install it to my "MVP Classics" folder without getting that little pop-up message?

thanks!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Fuzz:

I have two separate directories for MVP 2005 (real MLB) and MVP Classics (TC Mod). Then I have two different icons/shortcuts on my desktop to each of the .exe files in those two directories. Phase 1 works fine. BUT, when I start your installation program for Phase 2 where it asks me to select my MVP 2005 folder, I select the MVP Classics folder (because that's where I want to keep all my TC mod phases and such) it says "This is not your MVP 2005 folder".

True, but I don't want to install it to my 2005 folder, because I don't want to put anything TC there.

how do I install it to my "MVP Classics" folder without getting that little pop-up message?

thanks!

make sure your mvp2005 and total classics game folders are identical. The only thing that should be different is the location of the folders. I'd have to check the source code to see what i did exactly so give me till tomorrow sometime bro or later tonight.

Hey Fuzz:

thanks!

I had the same problem as well, but finally figured out what I was doing wrong. When you select the folder you want to install to, make sure you double click on your MVP Classics folder so that the folder icon changes to show that it is open (it will then show subfolders under it). If you don't have the "open folder" icon showing, the installer is actually pointing to whatever folder is above MVP Classics (i.e. the one that MVP Classics is in). Does this make sense?

As soon as I did this, I was able to install to my Total Classics 2005 folder (which is my parallel install for Total Classics).

sorry if t his has bee asked before, but there are a few questions i have about the classics mod

1. do i need to install both phase 1 and 2, or if i install only phase 2, it already has phase 1 included?

2. i'm assuming once i install this mod, i cannot play the default game anymore unless i do a double install of some kind?

3. i see some classic portraits out there to download. Are they add ons to this, or is that already included in the total classics?

can't think of any other questions right now. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the hard work you guys have done. As a 30 year old, i can appreciate some of the classics. Also, i used to be one of the tune modders from the HH series, so i really know how much time and effort it takes for this work, from design, to testing, to giving support post-release. Thank you so much.

Keirik - Good to see you here. Here are answers to your questions.

1. do i need to install both phase 1 and 2, or if i install only phase 2, it already has phase 1 included?

These builds expand upon each other. Phase 2 includes everything that was in Phase 1, so you if you haven't already installed Phase 1, then you don't have to. Just install Phase 2.

2. i'm assuming once i install this mod, i cannot play the default game anymore unless i do a double install of some kind?

It depends upon how you want to play. Phase two includes classic teams in the AAA, AA, and A slots. The teams in the MLB slots are unchanged (although I believe that they are the default EA rosters). That means that you can play a 2005 team against a classic team if you like, however, the 2005 roster may not be up-to-date. Also, since the AAA teams have been replaced, any call-ups will result in classic players being called up to your MLB team. Total Classics Phase 3 will replace the MLB teams with 30 more classic teams.

That being said, the double install it the easiest way to do things if you still want to play some games with today's teams and up-to-date rosters. If you need instructions on how to setup a double install, look at this thread: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...p=113366#113366

3. i see some classic portraits out there to download. Are they add ons to this, or is that already included in the total classics?

Total Classics has portraits for the following teams already installed:

'19 White Sox

'27 Yankees

'34 Cardinals

'55 Dodgers

'57 Braves

'60 Pirates

'61 Yankees

'68 Tigers

'70 Orioles

'73 A's

'75 Reds

'77 Reds

If you want to add more portraits (AlexTony's download has A LOT of great portraits), you have to do it with MVPEdit, one at a time. I'm currently in the process of adding portraits for every classic team (as well as tweaking the rosters to remove duplicated portrait IDs). As soon as I finish this task, I will be releasing an updated portrait.big and tweaked roster set (as long as I get the approval of Team Classics).

If you have any other questions, fire away. I fondly remember your tune files from HH.

If you have any other questions, fire away. I fondly remember your tune files from HH.

thanks a lot Jim, and of course i remember you as well. We had some nice conversations back at the BBSC. Im currently back in Asia again, and this years mvp is helping me keep in the swing of the baseball season.

appreciate all your help! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to change the total classics division configuration? In other words is it possible to change the teamsto different divisions than the way Fuzz has them already

Yes...assuming you have MVPEDIT and know how to export and import teams...

• 1 month later...

I have noticed a problem with the Pitching where the diagram of the pitches is not accurate with the pitch actually thrown if you choose that D-Pad location. Is this known and how do we fix it.

Also, after the pitch is thrown and the pitch type/speed pops up on screen, the pitch type will be wrong the majority of the time, depending of course if the intitial pitch selection for that particular pitcher is off too for that pitcher.

Has anyone else noticed this playing in Arcade mode? It really detracts form using the Classic 2 rosters. I dont have this problem with the the regular MLB rosters but I have noticed it with the All-Time teams at times. Hmmm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived