Total Classics Roster on XBox ???

hoosier4974

Is someone planning on converting the classic roster set over to a file that can be loaded into Xbox ??? I'd like to see this after the phase 3 teams are added.

All I'm looking for is the roster, nothing else since my XBox is not modded.

Just curious....................

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see this too, but including the uniforms file. If not, you'll have all the minor league teams playing in their current minor league unis. It would not look right and would spoil the illusion.

So, I think at a minimum, it needs to be the roster and uniforms.

C

Well, the uniforms would be easy if they were all 2x. Otherwise, you have to go through the paintstaking process of editing each uniform set to have the accurate sizes. After 136 uniforms, it could get to be a bit much. :lol:

Also, faces would be fairly easy if the faces used for each player a)were already in the game and B) the creators of the new cyberfaces told us what original orl and ord files they used. Otherwise, we can't do them in the XBOX.

Basically, the uniform modders would have to take all the image files that are broken down by fshedit and then add a few in a 256x256 format. I'm not sure exactly which ones, but I could look into it. Then, XBOX modders would take the images, copy them into a folder broken down by Xshedit to replace the minor league uniform images, and then rebuild the .xsh file.

I would prefer to do all the uniforms at once, as it's a pain rebuilding models.big over and over again.

However, XBOX users would more than likely have to deal with 'remembering what teams were what' as I don't know how to edit the team names in the menu screen, or do the roster files do that for us?

Logos would also be a problem.

Yeah, logos are at the bottom of the list for me...

I know the team names are held in a file that resides in the data folder on the pc. I am not sure if a similar file exists on the Xbox directory...I think it is one of the .loc files...but they are compressed. I remember changing these last year for Total Classics on the pc, but don't remember how. Fuzz changed them this year...

Fuzz is the dude for all these questions...

C

I can't imagine why they would care, as long as you mention their name when you provide the download here.

I will start a post asking anyway...I mean, it will benefit lots of guys here and I thought that's what this was all about. I am hoping no one has any issues with it as long as they are given credit for creating the stuff first (uniforms, rosters, stadiums, etc)

C

Ahhh...I believe Fuzz used alot of the classic uniform mods here and also I think he extracted unis from some that are actually included in the game as throwback jerseys. My guess is he has a directory on his machine that has all the downloaded and extracted jerseys.

Fuzz - can you confirm and assist?

C

Well, the rosters themself work (duh!) as I just uploaded them to see what gives. Didn't notice any problems, except maybe when it comes to custom cyberfaces.

However, I discovered that it was not done with the Major League squad, then the minor league teams replaced with classic teams for that organization. Instead, they are scattered about. If I didn't have a massive baseball knowledge, I'd have been lost on who was what.

Anyways, I started from scratch. I've taken the Home uniforms off of the XBox for the Seattle Mariners. I edited the sleeves to be dark blue and the hats to have the approriate silver bill and Seattle star, helmet with green bill. This may not be 100% accurate to what they wore as home uniforms, but I wanted them to be distinguished from any other Seattle team. I then went into the swizzled uniforms.big and merely extracted the Seattle graphics for home and away jereseys and pasted them over the Missions (0087) for anyone else that wants to know. It was a pain finding out what file went to what team.

Anyways, I've now changed the home uniforms and the graphics to select the uniforms. I haven't tested them as of yet, but wanted to give you an update.

I will try tonight to maybe HEX edit the Team name and replace logos with Standard Seattle Mariners swizzled logos in the game. It won't be that easy for every team as most don't use current logos. The 90's Yankees teams should be easy, and maybe a few Mets teams, but alot of organizations have changed logos and uniforms over the years. Anyways, that's the update. My next project after this will be '62 Yankees.

I would make the logos the last thing on the list. I think the push should be to be able to select any of the classic teams to play in exhibition mode..meaning we need the names changed to know who they are vs the minor league team names (as you mentioned), and also to have appropriate home and away uniforms for each team.

Is that what you are currently working on now?

Well, right now I'm at work. However, yes...I plan on looking for where the Team Names are located on the XBOX and trying to HEX edit the text to see what I can come up with.

I'll tell you one thing, the inning and a half a played was thrilling to no end. Jeter got a double, O'Neil drove him in and then Tino flew out. Chucky couldn't put down a bunt. Andy K'd 2.

Basically, for the uniform mods, the only uniform I'll be able to convert are ones that feature images atleast 256 pixels big. Otherwise I have to create them from scratch. You can't merely upsize them without losing quality. Downsize, yes, upsize no.

Well, here is the progress. '97 Mariners have accurate home uniforms. Any attempts I make to change the graphic for Uniform in the Uniform select screen basically tells me to take a flying leap. The Mariners name has completely replaced that of the San Antonio Missions. The logos are not swizzled for the menus and what not, however when I tried to replace the Missions logos with those of the Mariners, all I get is black blocks.

I apologize for not keeping good records, I don't know which faces I used to make my faces over. I don't understand why that's needed for the conversion. I didn't save alot of the in-progress work, especially when I was working on another computer for a while. I'll try to keep better track of those things from now on in case someone on xbox wants my faces. I supplied capa with what I know, if I find more I'll pass it along. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

It's needed because the .orl and .ord files from the PC do not work for the XBOX (or so I'm told). Thus, you have to take the files that were edited from the XBOX and paste the image over the .xsh file and then rename the .orl and .ord files to the new number you want to use.

Which leads me to why I was going to post. I've hit a major snag here. There are ALOT of players that use face numbers higher than what exists on the XBOX. Alot of 900+ face files that just aren't in the game. Thus, it locks up. I didn't realize this was a problem until I got to the 4th inning, and it locked up when those players came up to bat. Also, I had problems with the '61 Yankees (my next project) as Maris's face isn't on the XBOX (Duh).

Also of note, the '97 Mariners jerseys have numbers on the front, which isn't right. I can only believe this is because of the uniform it is replacing. Also, while all the text states they are the Mariners, the announcers still call them the Missions. Anyone who can help with that would be appreciated.

So, to update: '97 Mariners have 98% accurate uniforms, accurate rosters, missing face files, blacked out logos for reasons I don't understand, still being announced as The Missions and it locks up with players whose faces aren't in the game. Wheew. On the bright side, Griffey hits the cover off the ball and Randy is unhittable. :o

I have the uniform all ready to go for the '61 Yankees as I had hoped to add it as an alternate uniform for the current Yankees. I'll probably upload that next, and then start working on the faces.

Archived