Total Classics Roster on XBox ???

hoosier4974

Hardcore,

Ok..I realized my mistake...knowing that the new faces would crash the game, I created 2 roster sets...one for pc and one for Xbox. The Xbox ones have generic faces for the ones Peter created since I knew they would crash the Xbox. However, the generic faces do not crash the Xbox. Anything I have used that is 900-915 works on the Xbox as well as the pc. And I confirmed that I did not copy over the models.big file from the pc to the Xbox.

I do know that having just one face on the roster set that is not in the game on the Xbox will cause it to crash/lock up. It may not even be when the guy comes to bat...it could be when he is shown on the screen in the game at all (making a play, etc...).

C

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what did you do? Change the numbers for them? Are they just default faces? If so, what default faces are they, as I'm sure I could just copy the cxxx.xsh files they were originally, and rename them to c9xx.xsh and fix this problem.

As of right now, I've completed the '86 Mets and have begun working on the '87 Cardinals. Unfortunately, I have to create the uniforms from scratch, which is slowing me down. The whites are done, the greys are coming soon.

capa -- im still on a loned pc -- suprisingly enough, it runs mvp, but not that smooth.

i need a motherboard and a chip and ill be able to get one cheap in about a week.

will assist then.

best of luck to u guys, and to be brutally honest, i've only skimmed the posts going back between u and hardcorelegend, so i dontknow what the exact problem is.

Fuzz,

I think the bigger issue is the uniform conversion...I think that takes the most time.

Hardcore - do you have all the info you need re: uniforms? Do you need a list or more info on how created?

C

No, I think I'm good on the uniform fixes. Just a simple batch of trial and error. Opening both models.big in EAgraph and seeing what jersey goes where.

The major pain is that most of the 2x uniforms are only 192, instead of 256. That means I can't simple 'blow it up' beacause the images get distorted. Thus, I have to completely remake the uniform when one doesn't exist from EA. I just finished creating from scratch home uniforms for the 1987 St. Louis Cardinals, and a some other odds and ends for other uniforms, but I'm going to take a break on CREATING some.

Right now, I'm going to try to get all the retro ones that EA has, and use them where they match up. This means not only do I have to catalogue what uniforms are where, but I also have to search for team photos from each year and make sure the style was the same and that there weren't any arm patches and what not.

My biggest concern is faces. Right now, I was able to get the Maris to work. Mays, I haven't been so lucky. The thing that bothers me is that I know that even if I chose the wrong .orl and .ord files to map the image over, the image would still show up. Unless of course the format of the image is wrong, which is possible. I dunno.

Logos didn't work last time I tried them. I may try to fix them again, but who knows. Also, I can't edit the uniform select screen picture without it freezing EVERY TIME. Even using graphics from other places in the game cause it to freeze, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Audio wise, I've noticed a few things. The teams are still announced as their minor league team name. Also, Mookie Wilson was announced as Preston Wilson or something or other. A couple of guys had that problem. Don't know if that was intended.

I'm going to have to completely redo the hex editing on the text. I made one mistake and most of the file got thrown off. The '12 boxes' A's, I don't remember be too good of a team.

Something else I may try doing is getting a new hex-edit program and copy/pasting the text into it. The search function on my hex-editor for some reason won't search to find anything other than 1 letter entries. So thus I have to scroll through the entire file to find the words I look to replace, which is a pain.

Also, to any cyberface editors out there, if you want to make your cyberfaces availible to XBOX users, I can either help you or you can just do it yourself. Remember the original .orl and .ord file numbers you used and put that in a README. Then, take your face image and increase it to 256 x 512, I believe. Then XBOX users can simple use XSHedit and paste it in.

That's all for that long post. Had alot of fun last night '61 Yanks vs '87 Cardinals in Busch Stadium. Mantle is now 0-9 in the last three games I've played as the Yanks with 4 intentional BB. He's a pretty good player though, I'm sure he'll break out. :D

Oh, Capa...since you've been so helpful, if there is a uniform you would like made availble to you here soon, let me know and I'll try to fix it up and then upload the .xsh files for it in the XBOX section. Since any major release for the conversion is probably about a month away.

Hardcore,

I know I speak for many of us here, including those on the TC team in saying thanks for all your hard work and perserverance on this. This will bring TC to yet another huge base of MVP players on the Xbox.

What I am doing now is playing the full TC2 on my pc, but taking 30 of the teams and overwriting the associated ML clubs and using those .dat files for Xbox. This way, I have the correct unis (for the most part...or close enough). So, I imported the 61 Yanks to overwrite the current Yanks. The 75 Reds for the current Reds. The 62 Giants for the current Giants...etc. It's the only way to play the classics on the Xbox with correct unis and logos (current logos - I am not hung up on having the oldtime ones). So I am enjoying it this way for now.

It will be awesome once you complete your work! Thanks again for hanging in there...

C

Hey Guys, thanks for all your hard work on XBOX stuff. Has anyone made any progress on stadiums? I think there are quite a few of us that would love to get some updated stadiums into our Xboxes. Is there anything I can do to help that process? I really know very little about programming but I'm pretty good editing files and that sort of thing.

Stadiums are hit and miss, simply because you can't edit where logos or walls and such go. Everything has to be copy and paste. I recently did a update of PNC park using Night photos I took while I was at the game. The result was a decent looking accurate back drop (still working on it) and all the outfield scoreboard pictures having a wonderful 'spotlight' effect on them that made it look photo realistic because, well...it was.

Unfortunately, I can't put the 'P' out in center unless someone knows how to edit the tree to look like a flat P. Also, I can't put the 84 Lumber sign on the wall or Outback above the Outback Steakhouse.

See where I'm going with this? Xbox stadiums can only be simple copy paste jobs. I tried and old Yankee stadium one time and it didn't look good at all.

In a 'oh what the hell' act, I copied the .loc files and they work. So, the hex editing hell I was in is adverted. So rosters and team names are complete (by default). Now all is left is uniforms, logos, and cyberfaces. I will continue the uniforms tonight, and start uploading some soon.

In a 'oh what the hell' act, I copied the .loc files and they work. So, the hex editing hell I was in is adverted. So rosters and team names are complete (by default). Now all is left is uniforms, logos, and cyberfaces. I will continue the uniforms tonight, and start uploading some soon.

Excellent! I didn't even think to try that. It makes sense for almost everything text related to work. I don't know why EA would want to create double or triple the work for the various platforms if they could reuse stuff. Graphics are diffferent since the platforms use different technologies and processors, but text is text...

C

Great news! The logo files work. So all I have to do is go through all 180 or whatever it is team logo packs and open them in .xsh and .fsh and copy them over, rebuild the .xsh and viola. Of course, that'll take atleast a week.

Excellent! The news just keeps getting better and better on the conversion! The uniform work is going the be a drag...only because of the number that need to be addressed! But you are making great progress.

Again...much appreciated!

C

Well, now I have a major problem.

My models.big files keep getting corrupted and I don't know how. I will rebuild a working models.big file and take it to the XBOX and play it, no problem (for the most part).

However, when I try to add more files to it, I open it in BigGui and there is a long list of .xsh files that now say uncompressed. These are files I didn't even touch, and now it says they are uncompressed. So I go to compress them, and it fatal erros biggui. So I figure they are still compressed. Thus I try playing without fixing them, and the game locks up. So I try decompressing them and recompressing them. It still locks up. And the whole time, the list of uncompressed files keeps growing and growing.

Luckily I have back ups, or else all my work would have been lost. However, I can't continue to mod this way as it's one step forward, two steps back.

Any clue why this is happening?

Archived