Total Classics Roster on XBox ???

hoosier4974

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, now I have a major problem.

My models.big files keep getting corrupted and I don't know how. I will rebuild a working models.big file and take it to the XBOX and play it, no problem (for the most part).

However, when I try to add more files to it, I open it in BigGui and there is a long list of .xsh files that now say uncompressed. These are files I didn't even touch, and now it says they are uncompressed. So I go to compress them, and it fatal erros biggui. So I figure they are still compressed. Thus I try playing without fixing them, and the game locks up. So I try decompressing them and recompressing them. It still locks up. And the whole time, the list of uncompressed files keeps growing and growing.

Luckily I have back ups, or else all my work would have been lost. However, I can't continue to mod this way as it's one step forward, two steps back.

Any clue why this is happening?

Have you tried using Eagraph? And you can see what ord/orl files the modders used for faces by opening the ord/orl in a hex editor.

Compress the files you want to import with eazip, open models.big with eagraph, select tools then import wizard, check add files to external Tar archive and hit next, select the files you want to import and hit next.

Thats what i use, have you tried it with the original models.big that hasnt been edited?

Yeah. Whenever I attempt to open and .xsh file or import a .xsh file that I've edited, it say that the file format isn't recognized.

Try downloading the '87 Cardinals uniform I uploaded today and try putting it in using eagraph and tell me what you get.

Also, does anyone know how to get the names to display on the back of the uniforms? Apparently the teams that the 1992 Blue Jays and 1987 Cardinals replaced didn't have names on the back of the uniforms, so both are missing them.

It worked fine heres what i did

I compressed your files with eazip

I opened models.big

I clicked tools

I clicked import wizard

I checked "Add files to an external TAR archive"

I clicked Next

I clicked add and selected your files f039a.xsh u039a.xsh

And I hit next and it rebuilt the models.big with your files

Nice unis

I got that to work Sup, thanks. Still had the problem of when I click on the files I've imported (even after reopening), it says they aren't a reckognized format. The game played fine (except my dynasty keeps freezing in the 6th inning of a game and I don't know what).

Anyways, who knows what the problem is.

Couple of things:

1) Does anyone know how to set where the uniform names and numbers will be displayed? What file tells the game that? I've put the 1980's Astros uniforms into the game, but they both end up with numbers on the front, thus causing a problem with the 'star'.

2) The 1980's Astros freeze. I'm not sure exactly why this is, but they do. Denny Walling seems to be the culprit, but I can't figure out why. He shares a face file with Terry Puhl, so that can't be it. I was able to bat with them in the top half of an inning and Ryan was able to warmup, but after that, the game locked up. Denny is the only one that locks up when I go into edit a player.

What gives?

Well, those answers aside...I'd figure I'd give an update.

My goal is to get a beta of the TCS-2 league done by the beginning of next week. I've got the 1998 Yankees, 1927 Yankees, 1987 Cardinals, 1973 Angels, 1919 White Sox, 1970'ish A's, 1954 Giants and 1961 Yankees all done. Some of them have errors (ie names on backs of jerseys/or no names when their should be) but other than that, those teams are done. I'm going through that first grouping as best as I can and transferring images over from EA's uniforms to these uniforms when availible. What slows me down are the teams that don't have 2x unis already made (ie 1987 Cardinals-which aren't accurate in Total Classics for the PC as best I could tell).

Just wanted to give you an update.

Hardcore,

Thanks so much for the update and your perserverance on this project. You have to realize just what a huge audience you will be opening up Total Classic to with this Xbox release.

When you say you think you will have a beta of TC2 next week...how many teams do you envision being completed at that point? I think there are 90 in total...you can't possibly have completed all those by then....could you????

C

no, I thought the name of the league was TCS 2 but it is CLS-2, meaning I will have all the teams from one of the minor league systems done. Not saying they will be final products, as I've said I will have to figure out how to get names to appear and disappear. However, it will be playable for people to help me find the bugs.

Basically teams, 32-58 or so will be done, depending how quickly I can do some uniform creations. That's 26 teams.

capa,

How do you guys get a pc roster to convert to xbox. I tried Ftp my pc roster DAT files to xbox database folder, but when I start the game everything is erase except for created free agents. Also I counted (19) files.

Please Help!!!!

capa,

How do you guys get a pc roster to convert to xbox. I tried Ftp my pc roster DAT files to xbox database folder, but when I start the game everything is erase except for created free agents. Also I counted (19) files.

Please Help!!!!

Make sure you have them placed in your data directory (NOT database).

C

Today was spent on creating the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates uniforms. Right now, it boils down to getting the shoulder opening to lineup on the top side. I can't seem to get them to match, which annoys me to no end. Other than that, they are done and once I get the home shoulders to lineup, the away jerseys will be a simple edit.

Excuse my ignorance, but all the technical stuff is confusing me. Is there going to be any sort of total classics for people with xboxs that ARNT modded? Is it even possible to change jerseys and team names on an unmodded xbox?

well, now you are just confusing the crap out of me with your avatar.

I don't think any of THESE mods can be used on unmodded XBOXs. Wait, I'm 100% sure that only rosters would be able to be used, and at that, I'm not sure how accurate they can be. (ie: history and team names). Scratch that, I don't think you can change the team names either.

Archived