New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King,

Too bad I have to scratch Cabrera off my list now.... :(

I think it was a move to save Bavasi's a$$. If he doesnt make the M's winners this year, he will most likely be gone..

Perez will definatley help the M's against LHPing but he paid WAY TOO MUCH in giving up a player of Asdrubal Cabrera's calibre-

Cabrera is a 20 year old in AAA that is going to be a really good SS in a couple years. No way you deal him for a 37 year old journeyman like Perez...

The "win now" attitude is back in Seattle... but it reaks of desperation.

Adam Jones can play short, do you think maybe he'll make the switch back?

They like him much better in CF. His defense at short is a little shotty. Tui is a horrible SS as well and will probably be moved as he progresses.

The only reason they dealt Cabrera is because, like King said, Yubet has SS sealed up (hitting .300 with GG defense so far). Cabrera was the type of player you package with another prospect or two for a bigger bat or starting pitcher..

...not for a bench player and platoon DH against lefties.

Was it his brother that was the Raiders backup QB for a while?

Yeah, Marcus was.. I'm not sure if he still is or where he's at.

As you probably know, Marcus Tuiasosopo was a standout QB at UW. Matt is a very good QB as well and was all set to go to the University of Washington even though he was drafted in the 3rd round. But the Mariners set a record by giving him a 2.3 million dollar signing bonus so he would pass on college.

That is by far the most money a third round pick has ever got.

So, the Mariners kinda screwed UW out of thier future QB. I was happy as heck (I went to WSU :p).

Yeah, JP.. Im still working on J.J. -- Im a little unhappy with some of the shaping (mainly in the eye area) but to be honest, J.J. is a typical lilly white red-head :p .. I will work with some toning to even it out a bit for ya.

After Joel Pineiro's putrid performance last night (again) I thought I would make a cyber for Francisco Cruceta; Joel's most probable replacement. Francisco is doing really well in AAA and I hope to GOD that they do something about Pineiro because if he gets another start, I will probably jump off the roof :wink: .

The texture is a little screwy and I will clean it up a bit but I dont want to spend too much time on him.. That being said, the shape/texture overall really is a good likeness of Cruceta.

he's been a strikeout machine this season, 56 in 38 innings or something?

You aint kidding. J.J. was a homerun lobbin machine last year mainly because he threw nothing but fastballs belt high. This year he is spotting his 98mph (consistant) heater and developed a killer splitter that comes in at 91MPH with tons of movement. The fact that he spots both of those pitches (54/7 K/BB ratio!) makes a lot of hitters look stupid.

The only reason he doesnt have a ton of saves (15 so far) is because he has only been closer since Eddie Guardado self destructed in April. Needless to say, Eddie will not be getting the Mariners closer job back anytime soon.

Did you see that last K on Hawpe. Made him look like he didnt even know how to swing a bat.. lol

Anyway, heres my finished Francisco Cruceta (waiting approval). It looks like him and I fixed a lot of the texture issues.

fcruceta2jf.jpg

Archived