Wrigley Field update 2007

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

soxpreviewtw5.png

sorry tebjr, but I don't have time to import the files into the game, so here is a preview from ZModeler. There are still some issues with a couple polygons in the area of seats I have removed (red circles). I was in the process of moving the bullpen (red arrows). I also need to add the light scaffolds (blue circles) and fix the overhang in RF (green line).

see you in 11 days!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I'm back.

First of all, Big O: I did manage to get a couple pics for you but not many. I'm sorry to tell you but my first experience at Camden Yards was a very poor one. Our bus was late, and we didn't arrive until the 3rd inning. On top of that, the tickets we had were for the 3rd-to-last row of the LF upperdeck (can somebody say nosebleed). I then decide to go get something to eat (bad idea). The line at one of the counters was pretty short (~20 people), yet it took 45 minutes for me to get my food. The stupid stadium workers were dragging their asses and I finally got my food by the end of the 6th inning. I get back to my seat, and then in the 8th the director decides it's time for us to leave.

Nothing like 2 innings of baseball! At least I got to see Sam Perlozzo manage a game.

However, I must say that it was a beautiful park and I hope to get the chance to go back and experience it again. It really made me appreciate your Oriole Park mod even more.

Anyway, let me know and I'll send you what I have.

Back to business. I will now start on the LF bleachers. I hope to have a semi-finished preview by the end of the week.

I thought I share my plan for the LF bleachers with you guys:

remindervk1.png

Now let me explain:

In figure 1, all I'm showing is how I'm going to extend the bleachers. I also circled the spot in blue that's really making this whole process difficult. In figure 2, I explain how I plan to deal with this area. I'm going to add an aisle (red lines) just to the left of that last section of bleachers before the curve of the wall. I'll then extend the section of bleachers to the left of the created aisle (green lines) to match up with it. After resizing all of the bleachers (yellow arrow) to the left of the curve of the wall, I'm going to fix the cement walkway (pink arrow, line) behind the bleachers, and finally, fix the fencing.

I'll update my progress tonight

hopefully, when I'm finished, it will look like this:

176686867423f454690omn0.png

BELIEVE.

Have you taken a shot at the skyline past the stadium for the mod? It would totally ruin the setting if you have lo-res skyline pictures with a ridiculously awesome stadium

That was one thing I really wanted to improve with this installment. I have a bunch of high-res photos of the skyline beyond LF and RF and I hope to take some extra polygons and create more than one layer of buildings.

Hey 720, I noticed on your 'Bud Roof' graphic that the land area is green. Are you planning on putting the street out there? That would certainly add some more realism.

You are doing an amazing job with this.

I actually tried that last year and it ended up looking like crap. I pieced together satellite images of Wrigleyville from Google Earth and made a texture out of it.

I might give it another go later on.

excuse me if this has been covered but I haven't thoroughly read the thread. For the scoreboard in center, is it possible to have the Pepsi ad changed to a scoreboard like they do at the games now?

Archived