MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face 931 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 932 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 933 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 934 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 935 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 936 worked

Face 937 worked

Face 938 worked

Face 939 worked but arms are black skined and the face is not

Face 940 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 941 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 942 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 943 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 944 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 945 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Got my attention. Although I don't have time for testing to assist.

Random thoughts.

Kraw in your last two posts I assume you took the ord and orl files and tried to replace them with the other and you got the crash. I think I tried that some time ago. Like I mentioned in PM, I think they may be related to body size. If you have a player have a huge body, then I'm thinkin the headshape will change to the other generic head.

Body types are:

fat

skinny

athletic

others?

I'm assuming there are three, therefore there are three sets. This is just my threory for the past year.

Edit: Tywigginnout, I think that your face you replaced did not work because it was not a 128x128 face like the generics.

Edit 2: Thanks for creating the short season projector and teh schedule updater. I tested them out last night and they were almost too easy. I wonder if we all put Krawhitham and you in a ring for a 3 round fight, who would win....meh. :twak:

Edit 3, 5:29pm: Hello? Anyone home?

Edit 4, 11:07pm Sigh. Next time turn the answering machine on.

Got my attention. Although I don't have time for testing to assist.

Random thoughts.

Kraw in your last two posts I assume you took the ord and orl files and tried to replace them with the other and you got the crash. I think I tried that some time ago. Like I mentioned in PM, I think they may be related to body size. If you have a player have a huge body, then I'm thinkin the headshape will change to the other generic head.

Body types are:

fat

skinny

athletic

others?

I'm assuming there are three, therefore there are three sets. This is just my threory for the past year.

Edit: Tywigginnout, I think that your face you replaced did not work because it was not a 128x128 face like the generics.

Edit 2: Thanks for creating the short season projector and teh schedule updater. I tested them out last night and they were almost too easy. I wonder if we all put Krawhitham and you in a ring for a 3 round fight, who would win....meh. :twak:

Edit 3, 5:29pm: Hello? Anyone home?

I didn't see your edits before.

You may be right about the 3 sets being for the 3 body types. I thought there might be some potential for the 916-945 faces, but I guess not. I'm going to go ahead and limit the facenumber in the editor to 1 through 915.

You're welcome. I'm glad you like them.

Kraw vs Ty result: I'd let kraw have it. It could potentially save us both some brain damage. :)

Requires .NET Framework v2.0

This program is for making changes to your dynasty/owner mode.

What is the difference between this and the .dat importer exporter?

What is the difference between this and MVP Edit?

I need to make a change within my dynasty, I accidentily assigned a generic face to a prospect that I want to trade for and I want him to have his regular face back the way it was. What program would you suggest would be easiest (I know MVP edit is not an option now that my dynasty has started)?

Thanks for your :twocents:

What is the difference between this and the .dat importer exporter?

What is the difference between this and MVP Edit?

I need to make a change within my dynasty, I accidentily assigned a generic face to a prospect that I want to trade for and I want him to have his regular face back the way it was. What program would you suggest would be easiest (I know MVP edit is not an option now that my dynasty has started)?

Thanks for your :twocents:

Use this program to make the changes.

Using the .dat exporter will create all of those .dat files. Then when you run the importer, it will write all of the information into the memory.

With this program you edit each player individually. When you click the save changes button, only the selected player's information is changed in the memory.

The main difference between this program and MVPEdit is that my program will make changes to an open dynasty/owner mode. (Besides my program not being finished)

Thanks for your answer, since I've had quick and easy sucess with two other programs of yours I'm looking forward to using this tool in the near future. Just wondering, two things:

1. What is with the dead conversation re: generics? There seemed to be no finality, and left me wanting more. That may be just because I'm supposedly the generics guy on this site.

2. I noticed you still have 2 versions up in your first post. Why still both?

If i just want to make a simple face change does it matter which version I use?

3. Let's say my PC catches fire from using your program, can you tell me where you live so I can give you a savage beating? Just Kidding.

Thanks for your answer, since I've had quick and easy sucess with two other programs of yours I'm looking forward to using this tool in the near future. Just wondering, two things:

1. What is with the dead conversation re: generics? There seemed to be no finality, and left me wanting more. That may be just because I'm supposedly the generics guy on this site.

2. I noticed you still have 2 versions up in your first post. Why still both?

If i just want to make a simple face change does it matter which version I use?

3. Let's say my PC catches fire from using your program, can you tell me where you live so I can give you a savage beating? Just Kidding.

1. I'm not going to mess with the 916-945 cyberfaces. If you or someone else wants to do testing on the 6 face numbers that seemed to work well(or try to get the others working), feel free to.

2. Go with the newer one. I just felt like keeping two versions in there. No real reason. :)

3. That almost never happens ;)

Ty:

Can you add the player HEX ID to the editor, read only for it will be fine? I would like to be able to see what HEX IDs the game comes up with when it creates new players each year

Didn't read an answer to this. I'm curious to see what could this could lead to if someone that knows hex was able to read created players hex ids (and see if they can be mixed/matched with other players in the future??)

Ty: the 3 faces you tried and had work, are you saying you assigned a face to make the face in the attrib.dat file to have those numbers that you did have work (916, 920, 921) Ex: face 901 you can rename to face 916 and there is no crash, but that face 916 is not a new generic, just a new face number available to face modders and roster makers?

Ty: You won't be able to make it so that faces can be assigned gagne goggles can ya? If so, what about assigning them to generics as well? I know this may be a stretch but I thought I'd ask. That and one more-assigning home run celebrations to generic players you draft.

Krawhitham'ncheese, same question to you about the 3 faces you had work. Thanks man, Mo.

After this, no more questions from me I promise. I'm just trying to get these things out of my head and get some more finality to this stuff brought up earlier.

Ty:

Didn't read an answer to this. I'm curious to see what could this could lead to if someone that knows hex was able to read created players hex ids (and see if they can be mixed/matched with other players in the future??)

Ty: the 3 faces you tried and had work, are you saying you assigned a face to make the face in the attrib.dat file to have those numbers that you did have work (916, 920, 921) Ex: face 901 you can rename to face 916 and there is no crash, but that face 916 is not a new generic, just a new face number available to face modders and roster makers?

Ty: You won't be able to make it so that faces can be assigned gagne goggles can ya? If so, what about assigning them to generics as well? I know this may be a stretch but I thought I'd ask. That and one more-assigning home run celebrations to generic players you draft.

Krawhitham'ncheese, same question to you about the 3 faces you had work. Thanks man, Mo.

After this, no more questions from me I promise. I'm just trying to get these things out of my head and get some more finality to this stuff brought up earlier.

I will be putting in the playerid, but not making it changeable. The playerid is used to uniquely identify a player. I can't think of any reason why you would want/need to assign a player an id that has already been used for another player. There are 4,294,967,296 possible values for playerids.

I used my editor to change a player's face number to those values past 915 and then checked to see what they looked like in a game.

I exported 901, renamed it to 916, and imported it replacing the 916 that was there. The result: 916 still crashed.

How do you assign the gagne goggles? Are the home run celebrations by batting stance, ditty, or something else that is editable in mvpedit?

"How do you assign the gagne goggles? Are the home run celebrations by batting stance, ditty, or something else that is editable in mvpedit?"

Bah, never mind. I'm pessimistic that it will work.

Earlier you stated that 916 worked though.

I did not.

Face 916 crashed the game.

Face 917 worked.

Face 918 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Face 919 crashed the game.

Face 920 worked.

Face 921 worked.

Face 922 worked but had "missing textures" on his arms.

Ty,

Is player Skin Tone scheduled for one of your updates to this program?

It works great by the way!

Thanks,

Don

Yes. Within a day or two, I will be releasing a new version that has all of the stuff from the attrib.dat, and most of the stuff from my extra.dat file.

Ok, thanks for the correction. I suppose the same question is left for the faces you quoted above as being working

Also, for anyone reading this, I just tried this tool and it was very quick and easy and works like MVP edit only WAY easier. TRY IT.

Will you think about going back and adding the stat updater for the season projector program? Just a thought.