Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of overlay....if anyone has the knowledge as to how to: 1) get rid of the red/blue/grey/X-man symbol circles showing on a poorly controlled pitch I would be grateful; 2) if anyone knows how to successfully move the pitch speed to a static spot on the overlay as you would see in a TV broadcast, again, see above!

You might want to ask Trues about this. He's made quite a lot of overlays for Mvp over the years. All you'd have to do is check the download area and a huge number of the overlays there are courtesy of him.

I was working on the Marlins, but veesmack beat me to it, but I may try to get his permission to update the textures. I think I'll try to tackle the Blue Jays next, then maybe some minor league uniforms.

Could we just use MVP 08 as a base and update from there? It would be so much easier, since the minor league uniforms are in that one.

I was working on the Marlins, but veesmack beat me to it, but I may try to get his permission to update the textures. I think I'll try to tackle the Blue Jays next, then maybe some minor league uniforms.

Could we just use MVP 08 as a base and update from there? It would be so much easier, since the minor league uniforms are in that one.

Unless there are any objections from the MVP 08 crew, that would be the best and easiest route for sure.

Nani1379 has apparently completed all but 3 jerseys for MVP Baseball Latino, but I'm not sure which 3 are remaining. It would be nice to have those 3 to round the out the set.

Unless there are any objections from the MVP 08 crew, that would be the best and easiest route for sure.

Most of those guys aren't around any more. If I might make a suggestion since I know how the mod was put together, just do an add-on to the 08 mod. It'll be much easier for you to deal with. I already have a 2010 facepack addon, and you can just build from there.

Wonderful stuff....thx all. And Yank... I know what you mean, but most overlays seemed to not address those 2 things. I don't know if anyone truly found where they are located coordinate and/or graphics wise.

Speaking of overlay....if anyone has the knowledge as to how to: 1) get rid of the red/blue/grey/X-man symbol circles showing on a poorly controlled pitch I would be grateful;

I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.mvpmods.c...ds&showfile=919

It's an MVP2004 file, but it might work. Here's what the readme says:

Rolie's Icons file: NO missed-pitch indicators v1.0- Altered by KKKerryWood34

Included is the "igcrsr.fsh" file that contains all the icons designed by Rolie as shown in the screenshot. The ONLY thing I did was eliminating the red/blue/gray indicators that appear when the pitcher has missed a pitch. I felt that this contributed to too many homeruns and hits and overall made hitting too easy, so I got rid of them.

The file belongs in "C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2004\data\igshapes"...PLEASE make a back-up of the original 1st!!

If I have sent you a Dropbox invitation, please confirm it. With each confirmation, our storage size increases. Ideally, I would like to have a section for uploads and a section with a full working game available that we could all test.

I believe I will be able to create a new player ID list based off of ar_key's new roster when that is available. Portraits and audio will be able to use that as a reference.

We could still use some manpower, especially with portraits.

Thanks!

All I want to say is if kyeb manages to pull this off and gets everyone on board to create a new and updated mod for this game, everyone should stop what they are doing before they download this thing and take five seconds out of their life to thank him. I"m serious. We have a lot of modders in here who create many different things for Mvp and the 2K series but the one thing that they have all in common is that 99% of the people who download their work don't bother to say thank you.

If I have sent you a Dropbox invitation, please confirm it. With each confirmation, our storage size increases. Ideally, I would like to have a section for uploads and a section with a full working game available that we could all test.

I believe I will be able to create a new player ID list based off of ar_key's new roster when that is available. Portraits and audio will be able to use that as a reference.

Thanks!

I could help with portraits and could provide FTP space if needed. Do we have hi-res sources at our disposal for the porraits? I also have some cool (at least I think so) home plate logos, ala MLB Network that I would love to have in the game, if anyone can point me in the right direction to get them in. Also, help wherever else I can.

Thanks to all that are stepping up in this effort. MVP is still top dog!! :-)

Thanks!

Would you mind sending an invite my way? I could drop my uniform work in there. I also have full access to MLB pressbox if that helps any.

I could help with portraits and could provide FTP space if needed. Do we have hi-res sources at our disposal for the porraits? I also have some cool (at least I think so) home plate logos, ala MLB Network that I would love to have in the game, if anyone can point me in the right direction to get them in. Also, help wherever else I can.

Thanks to all that are stepping up in this effort. MVP is still top dog!! :-)

Would you mind sending an invite my way? I could drop my uniform work in there. I also have full access to MLB pressbox if that helps any.

Thank you both for your interest. If you both PM me your email addresses, I can get the invites sent out.

I believe Toleton is on top of many of the MLB portraits, but collection and division of labor for MiLB portraits is something that will still need addressed soon.

Unfortunately we lost the id list when mlbmods shut down. However, the latest version posted on this site was here:http://www.mvpmods.c...=1

it's at least a good starting point. It would probably be best if someone was going to take it on, that they revive the thread and keep it updated. You might try emailing totte though. He may have kept a more recent copy in google docs if you can get a hold of him.

Unfortunately we lost the id list when mlbmods shut down. However, the latest version posted on this site was here:http://www.mvpmods.c...=1

it's at least a good starting point. It would probably be best if someone was going to take it on, that they revive the thread and keep it updated. You might try emailing totte though. He may have kept a more recent copy in google docs if you can get a hold of him.

I'll try messaging Totte. I was experimenting the other night with transferring attrib.dat from Word to Excel and had some good (and moderately clean) results. Since it's been so long since the list had been updated, I figured it better to let ar_key (who is making full A-MLB rosters) free reign to assign numbers in order to get the rosters done quickly. He can use MVPEdit to verify no duplicate numbers. I can then create the ID list with names, faces, and numbers extracted from his attrib.dat file. Audio and portrait makers will then be able to follow that list, which could then be posted for everybodys use in a new thread.

I'm certainly open to ideas.

Best of luck. I know that's how Ty started these lists. Not sure how though. I'll be keeping an eye on what you guys are doing. My faces again are always free to use for these mods.

Thanks for the support. I know you said we could use your 2010 facepack, but I have a file on my computer labeled "2011_facepack.7z." Do you know who this belonged to? I'm sure I got it off of mlbmods but I wasn't able to track down the source using archive.org.

Yeah it was my addon for that too. Glad you got it. You should upload it here since I don't have it myself :) It's just several faces I have in my classics facepack, but was packaged up to fit over the top of the 2010 pack. I'm sure there are even more recent ones in my classics pack. Here's my notes on the roster changes that need to be made to make it fit:

greg halman 15 skin 8

ron washington skin tone 10

239 yonder alonso skin 6

keep choo freeman at 461 for now

248 tommy hanson skin 3

678 gordon beckham skin 2

154 casey mcgehee skin 2

ramon santiago skin 7

mike carp bagwell batting stance

nick markakis ski 5

358 clayton kershaw

142 daniel bard

rick ankiel 05 style

shin-soo choo 653 05 style skin 6

422 brett gardner

cliff lee large body

252 jason heyward skin 10

237 dustin ackley

382 aroldis chapman, skin 9

040 michael saunders

085 doug fister skin 2

chone figgins - burnitz batting stance

rob johnson - crouched stance

004 nolan reimold skin 2

776 mike stanton skin 6

014 starlin castro skin 7

075 david freese skin 3

039 jaime garcia skin 6

870 stephen strasburg skin 1

130 austin jackson skin 10 replace mark mulder

581 CJ wilson skin 2 replace ben broussard

reassign 524 to carl pavano, skin 3

193 brendan ryan skin 2, remove troy percival

293 neftali feliz skin 10, remove eric byrnes

190 carlos santana skin 8, remove keith foulke

279 justin smoak skin 3, remove joe borowski

66 brian wilson skin 2, remove darrin erstad

008 domonic brown skin 8

157 bruce chen skin 4, 04 style - remove greg norton

391 buck showalter skin 2, 04 style

229 donnie murphy skin 2, 04 style

534 martin prado skin 6, 05 style - remove tony clark

150 luis valbuena skin 5, 05 style - remove eric gagne

111 john jaso skin 2, 05 style - remove jose vidro

21 michael pineda skin 11, 05 style - remove garry sheffield

310 kirk gibson, skin 2, 05 style - remove paul byrd

66 brian wilson

131 chris capuano, skin 3, 05 style

106 adam laroche, 05 style

116 carlos beltran

127 angel pagan

165 jose bautista, skin 6

172 buster posey, skin 1, 05 style - remove eddie guardado

160 kila kaaihue, skin 6, 05 style - remove garret anderson

262 robinson cano

114 bryce harper, skin 2, 05 style - remove armando benitez

299 ike davis, skin 2, 05 style - remove gil meche

303 francisco rodriguez

345 chase utley 05 style

449 mike pelfrey

468 marco scutaro

504 david dejsus skin 3

52 tsuyoshi nishioka, skin 4, 05 style - remove jim edmonds

636 fernando martinez, skin 7, 05 style

208 john lannan, skin 1, 05 style - remove tom gordon

655 travis ishikawa skin 5, 05 stylep

089 jon niese, skin 2, 05 style - remove cliff floyd

595 pedro alvarez, skin 7, 05 style - remove victor santos

758 juan rivera

139 nyjer morgan, skin 10, 05 style - replace jacque jones

391 buck showalter, 05 style

467 fredi gonzalez - replace bobby cox

164 ian desmond, skin 5, 05 style - remove paul lo duca

057 alex avila, skin 2, 05 style - remove brian giles

153 freddie freeman, skin 1, 05 style - remove cristian guzman

169 kenshin kawakami, skin 4, 05 style - remove sal fasano

496 terry collins, skin 2, 05 style - remove jerry manuel assign a portrait

189 tim byrdak, skin 1, 05 style - remove odalis perez

222 will rhymes, skin 1, 05 style - remove doug mientkiewicz

I was experimenting the other night with transferring attrib.dat from Word to Excel and had some good (and moderately clean) results.

I don't know if you are aware or not, but there is an extremely simply way to get the attrib.dat file into Excel. Simply make a copy of attrib.dat and rename it to attrib.csv (comma separated values). You can then immediately open the attrib.csv file in Excel. Hide or delete the columns you don't care about and you can then quickly sort the file by portait or face ID to get sorted lists.

I don't know if you are aware or not, but there is an extremely simply way to get the attrib.dat file into Excel. Simply make a copy of attrib.dat and rename it to attrib.csv (comma separated values). You can then immediately open the attrib.csv file in Excel. Hide or delete the columns you don't care about and you can then quickly sort the file by portait or face ID to get sorted lists.

Thanks Jim, that's actually exactly what I was aiming for.

Yeah it was my addon for that too. Glad you got it. You should upload it here since I don't have it myself :) It's just several faces I have in my classics facepack, but was packaged up to fit over the top of the 2010 pack. I'm sure there are even more recent ones in my classics pack. Here's my notes on the roster changes that need to be made to make it fit:

Sure thing. I'll get it up and hopefully an admin can change it over to your name.

Also, when we get some "working" files together and I can get some in-game footage, I will gladly put together the opening movie for MVP 2012. I know Adobe Premiere video editing software and think I can put together something decent.

Here is what I made for the TC 1915 mod that dennisjames put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqzExmJ2QpI&feature=plcp&context=C4b7fee7VDvjVQa1PpcFOgt7lzCrG-9jkwfHOuxlP8LO2wxfUSwWI=