Uniform Modding

hiheat32

dang redsox....looks like not only have you figured out how to do it, you've made leaps and bounds from just a few weeks ago when i last saw you here. way to go. those bandits jerseys are looking great. i would still do something to the undershirt. doesn't quite fit. and that red sox jersey with the astros theme...just noticing that the stripes go right through the buttons too. minor detail. keep it up though.

Thanks a lot for the comment Homer. I am actually having a blast creating uniforms. I still need to improve on certain aspects but for the most part I am actually glad with the improvement I have made. Take care.

Back on topic, hiheat32. Sorry about that. :ontopic:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

202: Saving Time

Copying the exact same thing a bunch of time is a big pain, so why not make it easy? This "grouping" process I'm about to show you will save you a lot of time.

First, open your already finished JERF, then open JERS and JERT. For your uncompleted JERS and JERT, delete all of the layers except for black and white.

89v24d1.jpg

Now, click on your finished JERF jersey and highlight and make consecutive all of the parts you want copied to all of the other jerseys. Now group them:

6sssra9.jpg

Next, select your newly created group and drag it on to the other two jerseys and position it so it fits (it should lock into place). Make sure the group is under the black and white layers:

720u0cm.jpg

Now you have three fully created jersey fronts:

8apnk15.jpg

Amazing, isn't it? Especially if you were making replica jerseys from scratch every time.

**For JERK, you are going to have to make mostly it from scratch unfortunately.

Other tools that can be your friend:

-well of course, you could use grouping for other things like pants

-copy layer style when wanting to make the overlay of your piping the same as your undershirt

-drag and dropping

-putting your main colors in the two boxes on the left of the screen (as seen above)

If you have anymore time saving tips, please post.

waht you did is great i find it a whole lot faster to have all the "white"s as KC has them called into one PSD and then just switcht hem on and off as i save out the Uniform .bmp files

that is also a very good idea and will also save you a lot of time. i just like having all of the parts of the uni saved in psd format in their individual files. just in case i mess up with anything.

203: Saving psd's as bmp's

This process, although seeming harmless, is one of the most tedious parts in uniform modding. If anyone knows a shorter way to do this, please let all of us know.

First, open photoshop and your folder with all the completed parts of your uni. Then select and open all of them:

6y3wit1.jpg

After doing this, you should see all of your files like this:

8bsfuom.jpg

Now you need to go through this process with each file (which isn't too bad once you get the hang of it). First, go to "Save as" and choose the "BMP" format (as seen below). For now, just name it as "JERF copy.bmp," "SLVL copy," etc. as we will be renaming them later. Save it as 24bit, close it, and repeat the process for each opened file.

6y4ceig.jpg

**** HAT and HLM files are the only two files that show up as 32bit when you save. Just change it to 24bit and you should be fine. Just don't forget because it screws things over when trying to compress into fsh files.

Your folder now should look like this (you may have more or less files then me, depending on what you are modding):

6lwph55.jpg

****For your uniform big file, open your JERT file, make the dimensions 128x128 and save as a bmp like aforementioned.

Now that we are done with this step, we can move on to how to import them in the game!!

Feel free to post pics of your uniforms.

I use a shortcut to get to the "save as" screen - ctrl+shift+s. That should save just a little bit of time.

I don't know if the following method is any quicker or not, but this is what I do when I want to save my psds as .bmps.

I extract the .fsh file that is currently installed in the game that you will eventually be modifying. Whenever I go to save the .psd as a .bmp, I just save the file in the folder that I had extracted. That way I don't have to save the image first as a .bmp and then rename it to the appropriate filename. If there are any discrepancies with the dimensions, I just edit the index.fsh file using notepad.

I use a shortcut to get to the "save as" screen - ctrl+shift+s. That should save just a little bit of time.

I don't know if the following method is any quicker or not, but this is what I do when I want to save my psds as .bmps.

I extract the .fsh file that is currently installed in the game that you will eventually be modifying. Whenever I go to save the .psd as a .bmp, I just save the file in the folder that I had extracted. That way I don't have to save the image first as a .bmp and then rename it to the appropriate filename. If there are any discrepancies with the dimensions, I just edit the index.fsh file using notepad.

very nice redsox, this all will work great and in the long run is a little faster that the way im presenting. when i post all of the lessons together, i will include quotes like these intertwined with the rest of the tutorial.

anyways i presented it this way because i havent posted anything about eagraph or nfshtool.

very nice redsox, this all will work great and in the long run is a little faster that the way im presenting. when i post all of the lessons together, i will include quotes like these intertwined with the rest of the tutorial.

anyways i presented it this way because i havent posted anything about eagraph or nfshtool.

Oh sorry about that. Forgot that you are yet to introduce steps regarding EAGraph and nfshtool. I am glad that I have an understanding of how to create uniforms. These are fun to create. Looking forward to more of your steps. Take care.

301: Extracting Using EAGraph

Now we are entering the steps of actually putting your uni in game. First we need to extract a fsh file using EAGraph, so open the program and File>open your models.big file in your game directory:

7xx3xpu.jpg

Ok, now you should see a whole bunch of files on the left. Scroll down until you hit the files that begin with "u." These are the uniform files for the in game unis. If you click one and expand it, you will see all of the parts that make up that certain uni. Now select any uniform file that begins with you and extract it. To make it easier on me, I chose a file that has the same color accessories and catcher's gear so I don't have to replace those. This is where KC's ID list comes in handy.

8e0uom0.jpg

Ok, now that you have selected a file, highlight it and extract it to your uniform folder on your desktop.

7y4k8ow.jpg

***When it asks you if you want to compress it, it doesn't matter what you choose. I've heard people say you have to and some you don't. I always click "no."

Alright, the extracting process is done.

Just a minor change:

1. Get Organized

101. What programs you need

102. What templates you need

103. Folder organization

2. Making Your Uniforms Using Photoshop

201. Logos and scripts

202. Tips that save time

203. Saving bmps

3. Extract/Replace/Import Method

301. EA Graph and extracting

302. nfshtool and replacing

303. Numbers

304. Uniedit and importing

305. TiT and importing

Step 4 is eliminated.

step 302 coming tonight. it has a lot of pics...

302: Replacing the Default fsh File with Your Uni

Now it is time to replace the uniform you selected in EAGraph (and that is now in your desktop uniform folder) with the uniform you created.

First we must extract the uniform you selected, so open your programs folder and your desktop uni folder and then drag the fsh file into nfshtool:

6sjjayw.jpg

You know it has extracted properly when you see this:

720ww93.jpg

Now open your folder with all of the bmp's of your uniform and drag your unibig file (the 128x128 JERT file, in your case) into the desktop uni file:

6jx01w0.jpg

Next, open the folder of your extracted fsh file and rename every part of your uni to match the default uni you extracted. If you want to replace the accessories with different ones (thespungo's accessories). Just rename them to the proper number and shrink them to the proper size.

6ywlagg.jpg

Now in the folder with the bmp's and psd's, go to view> arrange icons by name so all of the bmp's are together. Then highlight the bmp's and drag them into the fsh folder.

6ka8kt0.jpg

When a message asking you if you want to replace ####, you can do one of two things. If you feel confident, select "yes to all." If not, click yes one at a time to see if your uni parts are the same as the ones in the fsh file (as seen below):

6slqf6f.jpg

Now you have successfully swaped the default uni in the bmp with you created one!

I'll give the rest of 302 later. You need time to digest this first big step.

wow this topic is very lazy, everything is going by slow in my opinion.

it has made me lose interest.

But im still following and done the above steps.

Come HiHeat finish it.

[sarcasm]man Geo, isn't it a shame when someone puts in time and effort to help others learn to mod. I mean, what kind of idiot would spend time posting pictures and tutorials to help people?[/sarcasm]

wow this topic is very lazy, everything is going by slow in my opinion.

it has made me lose interest.

But im still following and done the above steps.

Come HiHeat finish it.

yeah i am going slower than thought, but at least i havent abandoned ship. im trying to go at a pace where everyone can finish. plus, i have other things to do than create tutorials on saturday night.

for all those that want a quicker and more organized way to view the tutorial, i'm working on a pdf file with another member and will be released when i'm done.

"patience is a virtue"

edit: also, when we get thru step 302, itll be smooth sailing. my method for jersey numbers involves no photoshop at all and importing the fsh files into the game is relatively easy. this step we are on right now is a pain.