Mvp 13 Crashing

Peter Griffin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the first time you've tried MVP on Windows 7? I had to install the game to a folder on the desktop to get it to work. Now I have a dozen different folders on the desktop for different mods, but they all work flawlessly that way. Hopefully that solves your problem.

it did not give me errors after i installed mvp 13 but still crashed

it might help to describe the process you went through to install it. i've used it on all operating systems with no problems.

allright then

installed the mod

I ran the game

i selected my teams

and the game crashed

the game has no patches and i have an alienware x51 6gb ram intel core i3 1tb hard drive and windows 7 sp1

well your specs are fine. your idea of process isn't though :) look, saying that you installed the mod doesn't tell us anything. we have no idea how you went about installing it. it's a possibility that how you installed could be the reason it's crashing. but without your step by step, it's impossible to know where it went wrong. the more details you leave out, the less likely anyone will know how to help. does that make sense?

well your specs are fine. your idea of process isn't though :) look, saying that you installed the mod doesn't tell us anything. we have no idea how you went about installing it. it's a possibility that how you installed could be the reason it's crashing. but without your step by step, it's impossible to know where it went wrong. the more details you leave out, the less likely anyone will know how to help. does that make sense?

yeah it does so i ran explodeme.exe it said extracting files it said if i wanted to overwrite files so i did then i ran the game and it crashed when i started game also i installed it to a folder called mvp 13 i wanted to keep the regular game

yeah it does so i ran explodeme.exe it said extracting files it said if i wanted to overwrite files so i did then i ran the game and it crashed when i started game also i installed it to a folder called mvp 13 i wanted to keep the regular game

Did you copy the original game files in the mvp13 folder before installing the mod? Also, did you put the explodeme.exe file in the mvp13 folder? If so, that might be your problem. Put the explodeme.exe file in another folder and THEN run it.

>>also i installed it to a folder called mvp 13 i wanted to keep the regular game

So when you ran explodeme, did you select the MVP 13 folder that you created or the directory containing the clean install of MVP? You have to select a directory containing a full clean install of the game, not a new directory, since the explodeme modifies the game as installed, rather than installing the full game to your new folder. Couldn't figure out from your previous posts if you meant that you just created a directory called MVP13 to install the explodeme into. If you wish to keep the original game, copy the whole Clean Install of the game and rename it MVP 13. Then modify THAT version and you can leave the original on the desktop as well. That way, you can just copy that clean install for use with any of the other mods you may wish to use. It shouldn't matter that you don't have any patches installed. Also, basic punctuation would make your posts much easier to read.

As far as running explodeme from the desktop, what I found success with was having the MVP clean install in a directory on the desktop, and then just running explodeme from the downloads folder and selecting the clean install on the desktop. It hasn't mattered where the explodeme is run from, as long as the MVP folder itself is on the desktop.

>>also i installed it to a folder called mvp 13 i wanted to keep the regular game

So when you ran explodeme, did you select the MVP 13 folder that you created or the directory containing the clean install of MVP? You have to select a directory containing a full clean install of the game, not a new directory, since the explodeme modifies the game as installed, rather than installing the full game to your new folder. Couldn't figure out from your previous posts if you meant that you just created a directory called MVP13 to install the explodeme into. If you wish to keep the original game, copy the whole Clean Install of the game and rename it MVP 13. Then modify THAT version and you can leave the original on the desktop as well. That way, you can just copy that clean install for use with any of the other mods you may wish to use. It shouldn't matter that you don't have any patches installed. Also, basic punctuation would make your posts much easier to read.

As far as running explodeme from the desktop, what I found success with was having the MVP clean install in a directory on the desktop, and then just running explodeme from the downloads folder and selecting the clean install on the desktop. It hasn't mattered where the explodeme is run from, as long as the MVP folder itself is on the desktop.

i did everything it doesnt work. also i have tried other mods that have the 7zip thing and they work no problem just mvp 13 isnt.

Edited by Peter Griffin