Mvp 13 Crashing

Peter Griffin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i tried installing the game again. i completely uninstalled mvp 2005 using revo uninstaller. i reinstalled mvp2005 into a separate folder on my desktop instead of the c:programs directory. i right-clicked the mvp2005 folder and checked to allow everything as administrated for mvp2005. installed the 1st 3 patches into the game and installed mvp13 into that folder on my desktop and double-clicked the exploder file into that same desktop folder and ran the game and here is what i did when the game started:

- clicked 'play ball' ok

- selected season mode - ok

- selected difficulty mvp - ok

- organization - select - stl - ok

- went through the audio, video, game, & tuning options - ok

- selected 'season' mode - ok

- went through the schedule and simmed the first 11 games one by one and they all played out ok

- selected game 12 on the schedule to play and clicked go!

- clicked play on the 'play-manage-sim' - ok

- clicked on go! on the pitching rotations screen - ok

- clicked on go! on the starting lineups screen - ok

- clicked 'play' on the 'play-manage'sim' screen - ok

- clicked go! on the controller screen which showed stl as keyboard 1 and pitt as cpu - ok

- clicked go! on the stl road unis and pitt home unis - ok

- clicked go! when on the pnc park night screen

- mvp screen started loading, then crashed to the desktop

i tried it again making sure i right-clicked on the mvp2005 icon and selected to run as administrator, and it crashed at the same point in the game

i'm really sorry to be such a pain in the ***, guys, but i really wanted to play this game again after years of not playing it

how do i correct a cyberface issue? i thought the conversion would already have the corrected cyberfaces. i'm just about ready to give up on this game. i've already spent almost as much time trying to get this to work as i was playing the game before. i can't even get faces to show up in mvp edit even though i've followed all of the suggested posts. as i mentioned before, the conversion mods are the problem. i had crashing problems when mvp08 came out and just went back to playing the original game

In MVPEdit, did you select Tools->Options from the menu bar and then put a check mark on "Show Faces"? If you don't do that the cyberface won't show up on the Appearance tab. If you can get that to work, import the rosters into MVPEdit, and then go through each team one player at a time. On the appearance tab, make sure that a face shows up.

Note that the generic faces (IDs 901 - 915) won't show up. Every other face ID should show up. If the player has a face other than 901 - 915 and a face does not show up then that tells you that the face is not in the models.big file and that would cause your crash.

Did you try my suggestion of trying to play an exhibition game?

something else baffles me. i can completely uninstall the game with revo uninstaller and get rid of everything that has the words ea sports or mvp2005 in it in the registry and in the directories, but when i re-install the game and play it, it still shows my profile info and my game settings

haven't tried an exhibition game yet, but i will. yes, i have show faces checked and no matter what roster i load, it shows 'no picture found'

look up MarkB's faq list. he discusses how to adjust the settings in mvpedit so you can see the faces. you need to direct mvpedit to the correct data folder.

EDIT:

in mvpedit, go to Tools>Options

i did find my saved mvp2005 stuff in the documents folder. thanks. i went through every folder in the game with windows explorer and i didn't find models.big in any of them. also, when i went through each folder, i noticed there were only 4 stadiums listed in there. i'll try to play a game with one of those stadiums to see if that works

i'll try it one more time. i completely uninstalled mvp2005 and the file in the my documents folder, re-installed mvp2005, re-installed patches 1-5, re-installed mvp13, and made sure portraits.big, models.big, and all stadiums were in the game directories etc and set up my profile and option preferences in the game, but before i try to set up a dynasty, i need to know is when it asks if i want to use the default rosters or not, do i select yes or do i select no. i shouldn't assume, but i'm assuming the mvp13 rosters are now the default rosters and i should choose yes

i do have a working install and played fine with the initial game with the default rosters - it's when i install mvp13 that causes the problem, but anyway, i re-installed the game and patch 5 (using windows 7 64) and installed mvp13. i didn't want to try playing or simming a game yet until i make sure i'm using the right rosters. the first time i installed mvp13 and set up my dynasty, i selected to use the default roster because i figured that's the way mvp13 was set up - using their roster as the default roster.