2Kshare Official [4-12-12] Most Fake Names Gone Some Real Pics Still Missing

nastynachos

When does the "official roster" come out?

-most players cant be in game till one official mlb game is played

-AAA,AA,A rosters need correction

-some waivers,trades,signings missing from 3/2/12

"official rosters"

-MLB Season Mode hasnt been updated

Edited by nastynachos

As long as they put V-MART on the DL as there first move, I'll be happy. Motown is a b**** to play against right now.

Plus Verlander ranked higher than Halladay? I know he's on your cover, but com'on, last year was an aberration...

On another note, can't believe Roy Oswalt, Johnny Damon, and V-lad haven't been signed yet... maybe Billy Beane can sign them :D

On another note, can't believe Roy Oswalt, Johnny Damon, and V-lad haven't been signed yet... maybe Billy Beane can sign them :D

That's because KC and Pittsburgh are both on the rise and no longer automatically sign every old and broken down player trying to wheeze thru one last MLB season.

maybe official, but likely not to be opening day roster since today games are still spring games, and one regular season game is st.loius and Miami going on. we'd have probably half to have one regular season game played by every team before we have a real official regular season could be published before we have one.

As long as they put V-MART on the DL as there first move, I'll be happy. Motown is a b**** to play against right now.

Plus Verlander ranked higher than Halladay? I know he's on your cover, but com'on, last year was an aberration...

I would think last year wasn't a aberation with Verlander. He's been one of baseball's best pitchers for a while now, ya think?

Crazy talk.

2006: 17-9, 3.63

2007: 18-6, 3.66

2008: 11-17, 4.84 <-- aberration

2009: 19-9, 3.45

2010: 18-9, 3.37

2011: 24-5, 2.40

His BABIP last year was 0.236 - that's an aberration, not bloody wins or ERA, possibly the worst measures of stats for a pitcher (SP especially).

He is excellent, no doubt, but was exceedingly fortunate he had such a ridiculously low BABIP. Usually his is 0.290+, and BABIP tends to regress back to the mean very quickly.

I love Verlander, one of my favourite pitchers, but yeah, he outperformed everyone's expectations last year, and it is unlikely to be really sustainable. Were I building a rotation, Halladay would still be #1 (Verlander possibly #2... :D)

His BABIP last year was 0.236... Usually his is 0.290+, and BABIP tends to regress back to the mean very quickly.
Once again please, only in English this time. :)

All me know is Verlander throw good!

Edited by bangus

Once again please, only in English this time. :)

All me know is Verlander throw good!

BABIP = batting average on balls in play

BABIP usually hovers around .300 for ALL pitchers, having a year or two away from this is often regarded as being fortunate, even very lucky - i.e. hitters were hitting his ball into play, but still not scoring (on the bases or getting any RBIs)

Hence why Verlander was discussed so much in Sabermetric circles - I daresay those articles describe the conundrum much more eloquently than I can.

Was Verlander just plain lucky, or was his pitching style (especially given how he increases velocity later throughout the game) some how influencing his BABIP to a degree?

I think he was both a bit fortunate, but his pitching played a part as well... but that's my own natural bias as being somewhat impartial to a pitcher who can hit triple digits in the 6/7th innings.

edit... My definition of BABIP is perhaps a bit misleading - the hitters were hitting his pitches, but still weren't getting hits (i.e. were not getting on base or scoring runs)

Edited by niharjhatn

BABIP = batting average on balls in play

BABIP usually hovers around .300 for ALL pitchers, having a year or two away from this is often regarded as being fortunate, even very lucky - i.e. hitters were hitting his ball into play, but still not scoring (on the bases or getting any RBIs)

Question: Is a P's BABIP not influenced by the defense behind him? And if so, how is BABIP a more accurate a representation of a P's effectiveness as opposed to say ERA? All very interesting nevertheless, thanks.

Question: Is a P's BABIP not influenced by the defense behind him? And if so, how is BABIP a more accurate a representation of a P's effectiveness as opposed to say ERA? All very interesting nevertheless, thanks.

BABIP is mostly a "luck" statistic. Look at Scherzer. He has the same defense behind him like Verlander. Verlander had something like .240 and Scherzer has a BABIP of .310.

I love Verlander, one of my favourite pitchers, but yeah, he outperformed everyone's expectations last year, and it is unlikely to be really sustainable. Were I building a rotation, Halladay would still be #1 (Verlander possibly #2... :D)

Fine, use another metric. He's been a 4-5 WAR guy since he came into the league. That hardly makes him "unsustainable" if he can't replicate a once-in-a-lifetime season (or any less worthy of being on a video game box cover, which is how this got started.) In fact, if you believe Fangraphs, he was more valuable in 2009 than last year.

I'd like to have this "aberration" play for the Yankees.

Amen,Y4L... We Tigers fans feel the same way about countless rival players in the league -- it's called respect, IMO. I'm just sorry that this thread was hijacked by someone deciding to stir the pot, since after reading the title I was hoping to find some roster info :)

Amen,Y4L... We Tigers fans feel the same way about countless rival players in the league -- it's called respect, IMO. I'm just sorry that this thread was hijacked by someone deciding to stir the pot, since after reading the title I was hoping to find some roster info :)

You are right, I am sorry for taking the thread off target. In my defence, I will say I was just providing some proof to my claims that Halladay still deserves #1 spot... but yeah I am leaving the topic there.

On topic - the first one has been released, but perhaps the more prominent rookies like Cespedes still hasn't been included, a fake player for him and Yu Darvish are there instead.

You are right, I am sorry for taking the thread off target.

No problem, you turned a boring thread on dull old roster updates into an informative debate. Plus if someone tossed a "crazy talk" comment my way, I'd defend myself as well.

No problem, you turned a boring thread on dull old roster updates into an informative debate. Plus if someone tossed a "crazy talk" comment my way, I'd defend myself as well.

Awesome then. I could talk about the new Sabermetrics for pitchers for several hours - I just really want people interested in baseball to move away from wins and losses and ERA when so many better stats are available, such as FIP and SIERA, which take into account all sorts of factors, from the defence behind them to the park they play in.