I Just Installed Mvp Baseball 2005...in 2011. What Now?

Kccitystar

First things first, from the site veterans to the new blood, I extend my greetings :D

While I have kept all my PC games in a box, recently I chose to reinstall my copy of MVP Baseball 2005. By copy, I mean official retail one. That said, I played one game with absolutely no mods. Totally a vanilla version of MVP. Right after playing this one game, I had a smile on my face, mainly because I thought of all the mods everyone has taken time to make over the years.

Mods that made what was pretty awesome looking in 2005 still look amazing over the years with all the limitations the "engine" has had. Well, enough of the mushy stuff. I figure what the hell, a 6 year old game should have a ton of mods by now, right? So I return back to where it all started for me....

So anyway, first thing I did was install the newer stadiums. Now, I've been out of the loop for a while, so I downloaded all of the 2011 versions of the stadiums (dennisjames71, thank you for your work as well as everyone else who has worked on stadiums), installed the last set of frontend art/loading screens I made, and installed all the minor stuff. Things like bats, overlays, gloves, 3D model updates, etc.

Where I'm stumped at is trying to find portraits, audio, cyberfaces and rosters. If I remember from years ago, the roster is most important, mainly because the player audio, portraits and cyberfaces are all assigned specific values from the roster file itself....

Given that there used to be compilations before with Total Audio, Total Portraits and stuff like that, now, I'm not exactly sure where to begin :sad: If anyone who still plays this game can help me out somewhat, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance!

Hello KC and welcome back!

The portraits are at Mlbmods. You can get them right here.

The 2011 cyberface pack is at Mlbmods too. And that is right here.

Welcome back again. This is still a wonderful game and Dennis James has done a great job of keeping it going. But it is different here now. I miss a lot of the people that are not here anymore. :(

Hello KC and welcome back!

The portraits are at Mlbmods. You can get them right here.

The 2011 cyberface pack is at Mlbmods too. And that is right here.

Welcome back again. This is still a wonderful game and Dennis James has done a great job of keeping it going. But it is different here now. I miss a lot of the people that are not here anymore. :sad:

Wait, I have to install the MVP 08 mod before even doing all of this stuff?

Wait, I have to install the MVP 08 mod before even doing all of this stuff?

Yes.

And then update the stadiums that Dennis made.

Also, make sure you have TiT because Dennis (and a few other guys) made a lot of pretty good uniforms. Check them out in the download area.

P.S. I still use the 1977 Syracuse Chiefs one you made for me those many years ago.

Interesting. I lost all my uniform textures (hi-res xbox 360 textures given to me by Krawhitham several years ago), but if I could just find one set of jerseys that I made around 2007 or so, I could probably recreate the templates I've had my inbox stuffed with requests for.

I plan on buying MLB 2K12 though from Steam eventually.

Interesting. I lost all my uniform textures (hi-res xbox 360 textures given to me by Krawhitham several years ago), but if I could just find one set of jerseys that I made around 2007 or so, I could probably recreate the templates I've had my inbox stuffed with requests for.

I plan on buying MLB 2K12 though from Steam eventually.

I still have your uniform package set that you made years ago. Remember the one that you had to disable and it caused a holy war around here? I grabbed it before it was taken down. I also own other versions too.

Welcome back KCCITYSTAR! I'm back, too. Although, I admit I wasn't really on the site initially for very long time wise. I was only active for about a year and half. Yeah, I went through the same thing. I reinstalled MVP 05 and then slowly added mods to them. Stadiums, too, were the first things I downloaded. I have Total Audio 0.51 if you need that. Good luck getting back in the flow.

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of in KC's shoes. I have the 08 mod's audio folder, portraits, models.big, and uniform.big. I then downloaded the 2011 portraits , and the 0.1, 1.3 and 2011 cyberface facepacks at MLBmods in that order.

I'm using daflyboys' roster so I'm not too sure if these facepacks here are compatible and I'm not too sure about player audio either.

Here you KC been away for a little while gonna try and work on another roster overhaul this year.

As soon as I know of Minor Leagues if any new teams I'm gonna make my yearly .LOC files again.

I am also in a quandry though. I just recently had my HD die and I am trying to get some of the old files I just hope I can find them on the disks I burnt a while back.

But now I can't get TIT working properly it is not overwriting my files.

I hope I can fix this I love playing MVP and it is still the best Baseball game ever made.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...