Just Starting Out

Scott00007

I am just starting out with modding mlb 2k12 and I would like to know where to start. I am looking for big mods that will get me caught up quickly for 2014. Any help would be great, links to other post that explain this would be great.

You start by searching the forums for the questions you need answered. There are some very good 2k12 modders here so it is a good chance any question you have has already been covered.

I don't know what you mean by "big mods." While every mod here on this site is not used by everyone, every mod here has improved the game that they were made for.

There is no "big" mods for MLB2K12 that you would be looking for.

The first thing you would want to get is the global update as it includes most of the visual stuff to change things to 2K14.

Second thing you may want to grab is the 2013 uniform updates. The 2014 uniform updates aren't out yet except for a couple of teams so far.

Third, download the latest portrait update that is compatible with the latest roster update.

Lastly, the stadium updates. Kindly ignore the global.iff update in this download as you will have already had a much more up to date version of that file.

Download Comerica Park and Globe Life Park in Arlington separately as they were updated after the big stadium update was released.

Everything else is free for you to download after all of this, like cyberfaces by scottybilly, more uniforms by DennisJames71, and additional stuff by the rest of the community.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks Kccitystar that is exactly the information I was looking for.

Only one problem I have been trying to update the roster and I can't figure out how to install/update or whatever you do to get it/anything to change.

Is there some tool or program that I am supposed to download to make changes?

Once you download the .ros file, you will need to place it in your saves folder which for me is located at C://Users/(my user name)/appdata/Roaming/2k Sports/MLB2k12/Saves. When you load up the game, go to load and then choose which roster you wish to use. It's that easy. Oh, and welcome to the family!

Thanks Kccitystar that is exactly the information I was looking for.

Only one problem I have been trying to update the roster and I can't figure out how to install/update or whatever you do to get it/anything to change.

Is there some tool or program that I am supposed to download to make changes?

No problem. I highly recommend donating something to the site for unlimited access as duplicate accounts will get you banned.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no "big" mods for MLB2K12 that you would be looking for.

The first thing you would want to get is the global update as it includes most of the visual stuff to change things to 2K14.

Second thing you may want to grab is the 2013 uniform updates. The 2014 uniform updates aren't out yet except for a couple of teams so far.

Third, download the latest portrait update that is compatible with the latest roster update.

Lastly, the stadium updates. Kindly ignore the global.iff update in this download as you will have already had a much more up to date version of that file.

Download Comerica Park and Globe Life Park in Arlington separately as they were updated after the big stadium update was released.

Everything else is free for you to download after all of this, like cyberfaces by scottybilly, more uniforms by DennisJames71, and additional stuff by the rest of the community.

Welcome aboard.

I downloaded and pasted the portrait.7z files into my MLB 2K12 folder but it seems as if they are not working. Cano is still in the Yankees hat which is how I know, I am a Mariners fan haha. Anyways, is there something else I need to do? I did not remove or change the existing portrait iff and cdf files in there, could that be the problem?

I downloaded the portrait file proposed by kccitystar in this forum post

I downloaded and pasted the portrait.7z files into my MLB 2K12 folder but it seems as if they are not working. Cano is still in the Yankees hat which is how I know, I am a Mariners fan haha. Anyways, is there something else I need to do? I did not remove or change the existing portrait iff and cdf files in there, could that be the problem?

I downloaded the portrait file proposed by kccitystar in this forum post

When you copy it should ask you if you want to replace the files did you say yes to that?

You don't want the .7z file in your game folder. Put it someplace else and then double click on it. If nothing happens, it means you don't have a tool like 7-Zip or WinRar. Download one of these tools from the Internet, double click the file again and when asked where you want to extract the files to, specify the game folder.

• 2 months later...