Mvp 13

bctrackboi11

Couple of minor things about the uniforms. If you take a look at this screenshot right here I have two of them for you to see. First, this is not the Tampa Bay Road uniform. (It was, but when they were the Devil Rays) and a very minor mistake with the year displayed on this Yankee uniform. The Yankees only used this style of road uniform from 1927-1930. Beginning in 1931 they went back to having the "NEW YORK" on their road uniforms.

lf9u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also the following were in error:

1. The Tampa Bay HOME uniform is incorrect. It shows the fictional 1979 "turn back the clock" uniforms that they wore.

2. The Miami Marlins HOME uniform is wrong. The Marlins home uniforms from the early 90's are in that slot instead.

3. The Miami Marlins ROAD uniform is wrong. The Marlins road uniforms that say FLORIDA from the 90's are there instead.

4. The Angels 1971 HOME uniform is wrong. The Hollywood Stars ROAD uniform is there in it's place.

5. The Angels 1957 ROAD uniform is wrong. The ROAD uniform from the 1990's is there.

Also the following were in error:

1. The Tampa Bay HOME uniform is incorrect. It shows the fictional 1979 "turn back the clock" uniforms that they wore.

2. The Miami Marlins HOME uniform is wrong. The Marlins home uniforms from the early 90's are in that slot instead.

3. The Miami Marlins ROAD uniform is wrong. The Marlins road uniforms that say FLORIDA from the 90's are there instead.

4. The Angels 1971 HOME uniform is wrong. The Hollywood Stars ROAD uniform is there in it's place.

5. The Angels 1957 ROAD uniform is wrong. The ROAD uniform from the 1990's is there.

Hey there Y4L,

Thanks so much for highlighting these uniform issues. I'm not sure about the Marlins and Angels problems, but the issue with the Tampa Bay Rays uniforms is inherent with the "hard-coding" of their HOME uniform slot. Back when they were the Devil Rays, their HOME/ROAD uniform slots were hard-coded to have a uniform number of the front of the jersey and unfortunately, it cannot be changed. That's why I moved their (post-2008) standard HOME/ROAD uniforms (which do not have numbers on the jersey front) into other slots and I put those 1979 faux-back jerseys in that first slot (SLOT A) because those do require a front uniform number. I guess it's just one of those quirks when trying to mod this game...I hope this made some sense. :good:

-Dennis

Hey there Y4L,

Thanks so much for highlighting these uniform issues. I'm not sure about the Marlins and Angels problems, but the issue with the Tampa Bay Rays uniforms is inherent with the "hard-coding" of their HOME uniform slot. Back when they were the Devil Rays, their HOME/ROAD uniform slots were hard-coded to have a uniform number of the front of the jersey and unfortunately, it cannot be changed. That's why I moved their (post-2008) standard HOME/ROAD uniforms (which do not have numbers on the jersey front) into other slots and I put those 1979 faux-back jerseys in that first slot (SLOT A) because those do require a front uniform number. I guess it's just one of those quirks when trying to mod this game...I hope this made some sense. :good:

-Dennis

That explains a lot Dennis. When something is hard coded into a game it is very hard to find a work around for it.

And if you do have a chance check out the other ones. The Yankee one, of course, is an easy fix. The uniform itself is right. Just the year is wrong.

That explains a lot Dennis. When something is hard coded into a game it is very hard to find a work around for it.

And if you do have a chance check out the other ones. The Yankee one, of course, is an easy fix. The uniform itself is right. Just the year is wrong.

Hey Y4L,

Yes, I did take a look at the issue with the Florida/Miami Marlins uniform and it looks to be the same scenario as the Rays uniforms (the hard-coding of the front jersey number). And I forgot to explain in my previous post that we could conceivably change the LOC file so that the first slot for the Rays uniforms to say "1979 Throwbacks"; but it would automatically replace every instance of "HOME" with "1979 Throwbacks". In other words, what would look fine and correct for the Rays, would be wrong for every other team in the game. I'll make sure to check out the Angels uniforms too today.

Dennis

Hey Y4L,

Yes, I did take a look at the issue with the Florida/Miami Marlins uniform and it looks to be the same scenario as the Rays uniforms (the hard-coding of the front jersey number). And I forgot to explain in my previous post that we could conceivably change the LOC file so that the first slot for the Rays uniforms to say "1979 Throwbacks"; but it would automatically replace every instance of "HOME" with "1979 Throwbacks". In other words, what would look fine and correct for the Rays, would be wrong for every other team in the game. I'll make sure to check out the Angels uniforms too today.

Dennis

Ok, thank you. Let me know if it is the same coding problem for the Angels. Could be, who knows?

I was just wondering: Are the CF's and portraits in MVP13 supposed to be updated to now or just the ones that came out at the beginning of the season? It seems like they are mainly the same ones that came out preseason.

Did you download the game and check for yourself? Try that.

First, thanks to all who made mvp13, great work of you all!

As I mostly play Texas, their AAA Team seems mixed up. In the game it ist OKC with the uniforms and stuff. In MVPedit it is the correct Round Rock Express.

Does not matter much to me but wanted to report it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello

have the game upto patch5 and MVP13 installed

i've started a custom made divisional setup for EVERY team (ten divisions of twelve teams, sorted out in their overall ranking, and sim each game as an exhibition game ..... as i do with all the games i do this with :db:

so i did my tenth division (made up of the bottom ten teams in the game) ..... all played!

first game in the ninth division between DUNEDIN BLUE JAYS and WILMINGTON BLUE SOCKS, and EVERY TIME it starts an innings with DUNEDIN it crashes ..... no matter playing at home or away!

i'm on windows XP home edition 32-bit SP3 with a intel pentium4 3.00GHz, 1GB DDR ram

i play it in a 640x480 window, full graphics options up full except players models are on lowest, as pars of them show up transparent!

Hello everybody,

i think i've played now enough games to see what i like and do not like with MVP13. First of all, the Stadiums etc. are awesome. What i noticed here and there on some Stadiums is that the Players sometimes can go partially through walls, and sometimes they can't reach corners although they should. So obviously here and there some measurement glitches. No Problem since that happens only once in a while.

I think some thinks i noticed is not fixable because it's the game itself, not the patch. For instance the catcher. What in real usually is the most demanding and toughest position, here it is completely under the Radar. There are no smooth Hands, no chemistry between pitchers and catchers, no different defensive blocking skills etc. Only important Thing with catchers in this game is his arm and accuracy. So actually you might place Ichiro behind the dish and he'll do good. That would be cool if that could be fixed sometime, but as i said, probably not possible since coded.

The other Thing is the scoring. Sometimes the game is giving Errors which are actually no Errors, like flyballs bouncing off the wall and over the outfielders head etc. at least it should be a single and an error, but not just an error and the hit taken away. also it happens sometimes when a fielder fumbles the ball in air but still gets control of it making a flyout, he gets an error.

what is definitely fixable and what i don't like because not realistic are some pitchbehaviours. a cutter is a cutter because it flies like a cutter, not like a screwball. it's ok for fourseamers to have somewhat movements. that's the difference between Outs and homeruns, but some have really uber behaviour, flying like sliders etc.

also there are many pitchers with wristbands etc. it's not only unrealistic, but it's also not allowed for the pitcher to have any of those items besides his mitt.

otherwise a really cool patch which is definitely better than MVP12. just some hints for what might be improved at some time.

cheers

creaghorn

just done a re-install of the game and patched it to five, and started another DUNEDIN / WILMINGTON match, and it starts perfectly fine ..... i was also noticing a lot of the players pics too, and i don't know whether all the teams play in their own stadium ..... but watching it now it still looks damn nice!

looks like the MVP13 patch didn't take, and place all the necessary pics and info in the right places, well, on my machine anyway, and i'm in no way saying it's not a premium product :diablo:

but keep up the good work anyway ..... and if i complain some more i'll let you know :p

• 2 weeks later...

I totally LOVE MVP 13, but I do have a crashing issue as well. Im currently playing a season with the Pirates, and after every game, I do the usual...save season. Clean install, all required updates. The crash happens when I attempt to continue on to the next day, after adjusting rosters etc the crash happens as soon as i try to play the game. It does not matter who my opponent is. I have tried all compatability settings, admin mode, everything I could think of. Luckly I do not lose any saves, just kind of a pain to restart the game to continue my season if I would want to play a few games in a session.

Any help would be great, and thanks for making an incredible game even better!

@ creaghorn

Some of the things you speak to (error instead of hits) are hard coded in the game from EA and there's nothing we can do about it. As far as a pitch traveling the wrong trajectory....that's a roster thing and specifics should be given to me. Understand that hundreds of players are combed over and especially in the creation phase of some players, things can get missed.

@gluecifer

If you are actually editing players themselves during a season/franchise, you're probably asking for a crash.

i actually found a possible solution to random crashes (if you are absolutely sure you did not have problems installing mods, etc)

Its caused by files inside models.big being randomly "uncompressed". I first noticed this with certain cyberfaces not showing up in MVPEDIT. So i checked models.big and noticed the files were shown as compressed. I compressed them again and they would show up as they should.

The same thing with uniforms applies. I noticed certain uniforms would cause the game to crash when selected for play. So i went back to open models.big using BigGui to compress them (though they should already be shown as compressed) and wala....the game worked again using that team's uniform. Strange, but hell it worked.

Not sure why this happens, but when installing mods, the other files in the models.big somehow get affected. Possibly because the file size due to all the mods installed makes it larger than what it was intended to be, thus the instability.

note, this worked for me, may not work for your particular problem, but just throwing it out there for anyone to try.