Other Baseball Pc Games

Edtench

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, TPG is still up? Where did everyone from that community go?

I never said they were still up. They've been gone for awhile and I also have no idea where everyone from that place went to. The last few years over there people were leaving in droves.

Before the place closed down they had a section in the forum for High Heat gameplay. Some guy joined up and started posted mod updates for HH2004 on rapidshare and I grabbed every one of them.

If memory serves me correctly HH2004 had some major flaws that never got patched, like the sim stats resulting in almost everyone (or at least catchers) playing almost every game. Unless there was a fix I was never aware of.

You know, I'm not sure that it did. I think they tried to change the game around so much and that could have been a problem.

I'm waiting for the next OOTP to come out. I do absolutely no front office business...it gets too complicated for me. I just like managing and doing pitch by pitch or one pitch mode. My other favorite past time in MVP especially is just setting both teams to CPU and then watching it like a real broadcast. We used gamble on the outcomes while I was deployed to Iraq years ago.

I run mine on a XP laptop that I own. I hope you can get it to work.

While I am currently running a 64-bit OS, I have 32-bit versions of Windows 8 and Windows 7 that I can try. I also have Windows XP but I'm not too sure if I could get my drivers up and running on that and I don't think it would be happy with the 16GB of RAM I have on this thing.

I'll look into giving it a shot after work.

For what it's worth, through HH2K4Edit I managed to repack a 4X Yankees uniform. I would love to test it out and see how it looks...:)

Glad to see the community still having interest in this game. It is such a great series and still gets plenty of time in my rotation of basbealls games on the PC -

This is why I keep my XP laptop because on that thing I have no problem running HH2003 or 2004. Two good games that I always go back to.

I have a legitimate copy of the game, but the disc check doesn't work properly on anything that isn't Windows XP/2000. It asked me to insert the disc multiple times.

Edited for obvious reasons KC. And the same thing that happened to you with the disc check happened to me too when I tried to install this on Vista and Windows 7. Wouldn't work. And I have a legitimate copy of this game too as I bought it when it first came out. Y4L, 3-6-14

This is why I keep my XP laptop because on that thing I have no problem running HH2003 or 2004. Two good games that I always go back to.

I should have done the same thing, but like an idiot I built my PC and installed windows 7 - It took me awhile to get HH 2004 to work on my PC, but I finally got it to work and now runs flawlessly - live and learn I guess.

I should have done the same thing, but like an idiot I built my PC and installed windows 7 - It took me awhile to get HH 2004 to work on my PC, but I finally got it to work and now run flawlessly - live and learn I guess.

Windows 7 is a good version of Windows to have. I don't mind upgrading but I don't want to lose the ability to play these games. I miss the old DOS games and those were useless until I got them to work with DOSbox and now I am playing them again too. I would love to have a laptop that had Windows 3.1 on it. I wouldn't care if it had internet connection. Just a CD drive and I'd be all set.

Windows 7 is a good version of Windows to have. I don't mind upgrading but I don't want to lose the ability to play these games. I miss the old DOS games and those were useless until I got them to work with DOSbox and now I am playing them again too. I would love to have a laptop that had Windows 3.1 on it. I wouldn't care if it had internet connection. Just a CD drive and I'd be all set.

Great idea(laptop w/ Win 3.1) - and thank the maker for DOSbox - still love playing Old Time Baseball, HH5, and TL 2 and 3 - DOSbox plays them perfectly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have never been able to get it to work with windows 7 and now windows 8, but in some ways I still feel Earl Weaver Baseball (now that is going way way old school) has some features that were never replicated in more modern games. The use of stats and the ease of inputting information, some of the schedule making and league creation features were way ahead of their time, simulated seasons were reasonably accurate as well I found, trying to play it now a days though forget about it.