Historic Rosters

petep1980

This is obviously a suggestion and not a request, but I think thorough historic rosters would be incredible. I'm not sure how it should be done though. Maybe all-time best team per franchise, or maybe an all-time all-time roster per team. I don't know, I just think it'd be cool.

I hope everyone is enjoying the game, mvpmods make this the best option out there.

ive thought about doing something like this but would be a very hard and long process.It would be ok if u just changed names and wouldnt be bad but the long process would be if someone were to want to change portraits as well.Especially all time players who would be black and white portraits.Just changing names would be ok but having say roberto clemente looking like jose tabata probally just wouldnt be the same lol

ive thought about doing something like this but would be a very hard and long process.It would be ok if u just changed names and wouldnt be bad but the long process would be if someone were to want to change portraits as well.Especially all time players who would be black and white portraits.Just changing names would be ok but having say roberto clemente looking like jose tabata probally just wouldnt be the same lol

The process would be very long. I think you'd have to edit tons of existing players, which would be fine for maybe 15-20 of them, but when you're talking hundreds.....forget it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it... sounds like a giants task! But i can't help wishing for a 1920 full roster. On thing to remember though... a lot lest teams back then! 8 in each the NL &AL

If somehow the stars could aline just right... get a group of us to take a team or two....

I know i'm dreaming, but still :)

If they don't release a baseball game next year on PC this just may be something I'd be willing to tackle. Last year I edited well over 2500 players for my "NoFakeNames" roster so 750(25 for each team) doesn't sound entirely impossible. I'm currently working on this years rosters and will want to play a season or two before I would be even willing to consider doing something like this. However...if there is no game next year due to licencing then I might give it a go.

I REALLY want to do like a 1994-2000 (pick your year) mod. I tried 1998 last year and got through the indians to test it out and it worked fine. My only concern is a character limit for player names with ty's editor. It may limit how many players we can rename...possibly.

Doing uniforms and such wouldn't be a problem.

The toughest thing would be devising a formula to rate players. If we can draw something up that works then I would be 100% in to doing a historic roster.

I edited 1000+ of names "in game" and with Ty's editor last year and never ran into any kind of limit. So I think we would be more then safe. I have had to do all name edits this year in game due to the skin tone issue but have yet to run into a limit there either. I'm really hoping TY can update his roster editor to fix the skin tone problem. That has definitely slowed down the process and would hinder this kind of roster update as well.

Nice to see the idea being bounced around at least. BSU-FAN has a good point, if there is no 2k13, a 'total conversion' mod just might build up some steam.

I've found myself hooked on Ken Burn's Baseball this spring training. And a baseball game set in the past... Cobb, Ruth, Gehrig, Walter Johnson, Grover Cleveland Alexander.... i could go on and on... the hole idea just sounds so damn fantastic!

For all those interested, I can't recommend this highly enough. A must for any baseball fan!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108700/